• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely over priced. There are a few more sea front developments apart from teega coming up in 2013. Have you seen how long the johore coast line is? The view also not that great as you are seeing a very narrow stretch of waterway. More often than not you will see the hills at choa chu kang. At 1200 psf if you are taking a loan at 4 per cent plus your rental yield would be pathetic. Upside very very limited. Are you aware a major Middle East partner of puteri harbour has pulled out? Maybe got scared as more than 50 condo projects coming at iskander.also expect delays and poor quality workmanship due to labour shortage and high cost of construction. Doubt it will be ready by 2016. More likely 2017 at the earliest.

johore

Typo error... not RTM but RTS (Rapid Transit System).... read that (1) RTS from Singapore to Johor Baru by 2018. Don't know yet if RTS will go the Puteri Harbor. (2) Other developments by Encorp : Encorp Strand in Kota Damansara, Encorp Cahaya Alam in Shah Alam, Hillside Villa Development in Batu Feringghi, Penang and The Residences on McCallum Lane, Perth, Australia (from an earlier thread, page 13). We also bought a unit facing pool/marina, same psf as Funniman, now neighbours :smile:

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely over priced. There are a few more sea front developments apart from teega coming up in 2013. Have you seen how long the johore coast line is? The view also not that great as you are seeing a very narrow stretch of waterway. More often than not you will see the hills at choa chu kang. At 1200 psf if you are taking a loan at 4 per cent plus your rental yield would be pathetic. Upside very very limited. Are you aware a major Middle East partner of puteri harbour has pulled out? Maybe got scared as more than 50 condo projects coming at iskander.also expect delays and poor quality workmanship due to labour shortage and high cost of construction. Doubt it will be ready by 2016. More likely 2017 at the earliest.

I suppose many will see live firing at Singapore Live firing restricted area and perhaps fighter jets screaming past the skies above Singapore. But I got a feeling those condo can even see Singapore CBD

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought middle eastern partner pulled out from the Medini project and not PH. They have also pulled out from the South Beach project in SIngapore. Hence, CDL has to take over their share.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can even see tracer at night firing. Mindef will have to move their exercise site as thousand pair of eyes will be studying their strategy.
I suppose many will see live firing at Singapore Live firing restricted area and perhaps fighter jets screaming past the skies above Singapore. But I got a feeling those condo can even see Singapore CBD

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will only get a good view after the 21st floor of phase 1. For phase 2 most units looking at imperia and Kota iskander. Once teega comes and Mah sing developments which include high rise condos most view from Encorp will be blocked. Do remember that Encorp had to buy the land from UEM at a higher price than what UEM paid for. Also Encorp location not the best. The best views will come from those facing the private marina which is directly in front of teega.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
One problem with Teega design of the fan like shape will look into each other living or bedrooms.
You will only get a good view after the 21st floor of phase 1. For phase 2 most units looking at imperia and Kota iskander. Once teega comes and Mah sing developments which include high rise condos most view from Encorp will be blocked. Do remember that Encorp had to buy the land from UEM at a higher price than what UEM paid for. Also Encorp location not the best. The best views will come from those facing the private marina which is directly in front of teega.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Btw, I noticed on the Encorp Marina website, as well as on the marketing collateral shared by some of the agents, that there is open park next to Encorp.

http://www.encorpmarina.com.my/

That open piece of land is actually going to be Imperia and will block most of the 'breathtaking' views from Encorp, as cleverly depicted in the pictures. There will definitely be some view of the marina for those units facing the front, but not as wide as what is shown. For phase 2, the units up front, closest to Somerset, will perhaps have the best unblocked views and I am sure they must have been the most expensive.

I hope that the agents clarified this to the buyers.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the brochure very misleading. Buyers better go down to puteri harbour to get the orientation right. It's not as near the marina and most views blocked. That was why when HSR tried to market this property a few months ago it was a flop. At least they were honest about the potential blockages. Now somebody new is marketing it but not sure if the potential blockages from the surrounding developments were made known to the buyers. Too much hype about the good sea views. How to compare it with sentosa. Its like comparing an apple and an orange. Just look at port Dickson. So much hype in the past about the wonderful sea views. A lot of investors got burnt very badly when they bought port Dickson properties.
Paying 1200 psf is crazy. Where got potential for upside? Remember 50 more big condos coming up and competing for rentals. The thresh hold for condo rental is between 3000 to 4000. Any thing higher they rather rather a landed.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. At least those Somerset PH buyers at RM715psf fully furnished still have a minimum 5% return guarantee for 10 years

Yes the brochure very misleading. Buyers better go down to puteri harbour to get the orientation right. It's not as near the marina and most views blocked. That was why when HSR tried to market this property a few months ago it was a flop. At least they were honest about the potential blockages. Now somebody new is marketing it but not sure if the potential blockages from the surrounding developments were made known to the buyers. Too much hype about the good sea views. How to compare it with sentosa. Its like comparing an apple and an orange. Just look at port Dickson. So much hype in the past about the wonderful sea views. A lot of investors got burnt very badly when they bought port Dickson properties.
Paying 1200 psf is crazy. Where got potential for upside? Remember 50 more big condos coming up and competing for rentals. The thresh hold for condo rental is between 3000 to 4000. Any thing higher they rather rather a landed.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happens everywhere even in Singapore. Got to do indepth research both onsite and off site. This project is not so bad with certain stacks with good facing. It is all about expectation. Never aim too high as it will be far from perfection. Look at FEO in Singapore which always leads in pricing and bring up the prices of all the other projects along with it.
Btw, I noticed on the Encorp Marina website, as well as on the marketing collateral shared by some of the agents, that there is open park next to Encorp.

http://www.encorpmarina.com.my/

That open piece of land is actually going to be Imperia and will block most of the 'breathtaking' views from Encorp, as cleverly depicted in the pictures. There will definitely be some view of the marina for those units facing the front, but not as wide as what is shown. For phase 2, the units up front, closest to Somerset, will perhaps have the best unblocked views and I am sure they must have been the most expensive.

I hope that the agents clarified this to the buyers.

herbalman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Teega confirmed launched this weekend? Very quiet and the Sales said only after today's meeting she will have some ideas.