• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can expect property developers trying to cancel sales or make things difficult to force early buyers to give up their sales so that they can resell to new buyers at a much higher price. Even after signing SPA and paid the deposit they want to cancel sale. I am one such victim. Beware!

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can expect property developers trying to cancel sales or make things difficult to force early buyers to give up their sales so that they can resell to new buyers at a much higher price. Even after signing SPA and paid the deposit they want to cancel sale. I am one such victim. Beware!

Mind to share which property you bought in have such problem?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry not in red but negative cashflows.
Tiong Nam buys a lot of land in Johore from Kulai to Muar and develop them into industrial factories.

Pinetree is the first highrise project ever undertaken by Tiong Nam. They are into logistics industry and more into building warehouses.
If you check their annual accounts, they are in the red for some years.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leisure Farm?

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow! Who is the developer? In Puteri Harbour?

I get the impression that developers that bought lands in PH all have deep pockets and would not resort to such tactics..

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh well, stupid me found out too late.

Pinetree is the first highrise project ever undertaken by Tiong Nam. They are into logistics industry and more into building warehouses.
If you check their annual accounts, they are in the red for some years.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I dun really care much for the potential profits for PH. I bought it for fun - to have my notti fun, if you know what I mean. Iskandar is not a sure bet, if you know what I mean. there are still so many potential pitfalls down the road and its a very very long road, albeit a Malaysian road moving at Malaysian speed some more.

If they want to, they can refund me my booking fee and I will be happy to continue partying in Shanghai and HK. The gals there are of better quality anyway. Only bummer is the 4hr flight each way. But even if they don't refund me, life still goes on. In fact, I am starting to party in SG again - choices are aplenty and quality is good. In fact, I haven't been into JB the last month or so.

But back to this property thing, its just silly the way they are doing things - short term view. its ppl like me that they should be sucking up to. ppl like me who can convince 10 other ppl to buy who in turn can convince another 10. now, I am gonna tell everyone around me NOT to buy. The inefficiency and the "chow kuan" is darn irritating. all these money sitting in my bank account is dam sian. cannot invest and cannot spend. cos those cuckoos might suddenly tell me SPA is ready. no news for 8 months and suddenly tell you must submit SPA tomorrow... its possible.

if this deal in Iskandar falls thru, I would maybe take a look at KL. But this time, its only gonna be completed properties only.

anyway this thing that is happening to you, might also happen to my fren. warned him abt it already but he doesn't think so. he paid his booking fee for the Tropez at Danga Bay in Nov. until now, no news. absolute silence. so lets wait and see.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
if this deal in Iskandar falls thru, I would maybe take a look at KL. But this time, its only gonna be completed properties only.

anyway this thing that is happening to you, might also happen to my fren. warned him abt it already but he doesn't think so. he paid his booking fee for the Tropez at Danga Bay in Nov. until now, no news. absolute silence. so lets wait and see.

what you are describing is very worrying. As for KL, good choice. It's a great place , esp if you have money to spend. Consider penang too. Why not singapore, even? Lots of choices for the wealthy.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
what you are describing is very worrying. As for KL, good choice. It's a great place , esp if you have money to spend. Consider penang too. Why not singapore, even? Lots of choices for the wealthy.

Yes, KL has got some fairly good areas but yield is not so good as rentals are quite weak. If you got holding power, then it is ok.
London would also be good place too but you got to choose wisely as some of the areas in London are rough.
Latest news is after buying lots of properties in London, EPF is buying up real estate in Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin and Munich.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, KL has got some fairly good areas but yield is not so good as rentals are quite weak. If you got holding power, then it is ok.
London would also be good place too but you got to choose wisely as some of the areas in London are rough.
Latest news is after buying lots of properties in London, EPF is buying up real estate in Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin and Munich.

well, yield play in malaysia i think have to go for medium cost next to colleges. no, i have not tried. if i wanted yield, i'd just buy REITs. More liquid and better yield, no headaches, upkeep, reno, tenant from hell, etc although there is no leveraging using bank loan. well, actually i could do equity loan on my current apartment. however, if you compare KL to JB, i'd think KL rental market is still a lot more predictable. my family has a cheap apartment in KL (70K RM more than 10 years ago), rental 600RM. That's pretty good yield.

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
for me its simple. as long as there are hot chicks, I will go. when the HSR is ready, it will be a good party ground for me.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
for me its simple. as long as there are hot chicks, I will go. when the HSR is ready, it will be a good party ground for me.

i actually prescribe to your 'hot chicks' theory. where there are hot chicks, property value is not bad. see orchard, river valley, mont kiara, desa park city, bangsar.

dince

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that Encorp is good as I've completed my SPA for all 3 units in Oct last year already. Bank loans and legal fees all completed too.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
New ferry service set to grow

TAPPING MARKETS: Puteri Habour seeking permit from Singaporean authorities

By Chuah Bee Kim

NUSAJAYA: A TOTAL of 6,000 passengers have used the ferry services at the Port of Puteri Habour Ferry Terminal here since it began operations on May 8.

The ferry terminal, which is owned by UEM Sunrise Bhd (formerly known as UEM Land Holdings Bhd), and managed by Ridaa Associates Sdn Bhd, currently offers services to Karimun and Batam in Indonesia.

Ridaa Associates general manager Abdul Razak Ejab said 90 per cent of those who used the ferry were tourists, while the rest were workers.

“We now have three round trips to Harbour Bay in Batam and Tanjung Balai in Karimun,” Razak said yesterday.

He said the operator was optimistic of getting 800 arrivals and 1,000 departures daily within six months.

He said the ferry terminal in Kukup catered to 25,000 to 30,000 passengers a month, while the Stulang Laut terminal handled 60,000 a month.

“We are still new, so we don’t expect that kind of crowd just yet.

“Most of the tourists from Indonesia come to Puteri Harbour for medical check-ups. However, we are hoping to tap five per cent of the five million tourists who use the Harbour Front in Singapore.”

Harbour Front, formerly known as the World Trade Centre, is near the Resorts World Sentosa and Universal Studios Singapore.

Ridaa Associates yesterday organised a trial run for a group of representatives from the ferry operator in Singapore to discuss a possible tie-up.

“Once we get the Marine Port Authority of Singapore to issue a permit, we will be able to apply for a permit from the Malaysian Transport Ministry to start the service from Singapore to Puteri Harbour,” Razak said.

Puteri Habour, which is equipped with a pontoon jetty, is expected to officially open in October.

It hopes to launch the ferry service to Singapore at that time.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
new breakthrough....

OCBC has become the first local bank to offer local investors chance to finance their their KL or Iskandar properties with SGD at SGD interest rates!!

Before this, only Maybank n CIMB Singapore does that but spread is rather high at 100 basis points above SIBOR, and got some restrictions.

I expect with this move, more will follow suit especially UOB, then others like HSBC & Citibank.

With the local banks in, it will be more competitive and we k expect better terms