• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya I agreed with you, there is johorean bought PH high rise but at a small percentage.richer ones prefered emerald because landed. For high rise appt like Puteri cove 1400++per sqft, they would rather buy kl or Penang, at this price per sqft is not seen before in Johor.for my understanding singaporean bought more than 50% of the property in PH,agent told me, I don't know how accurate. But alot of Malaysian bought sunway citrine, for them the price is more comfortable for them I think, I was there when the first launch, anyway did you bought any property in PH?

there are Malaysians who buy into PH although the numbers are small. Those Malaysian friends who buy mostly pay in cash, or are working in Singapore and are used to high rise living or prefer living by the seaside at a price 10% of that in Singapore. To them it is a dream come true.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
In actual fact, PH is not the place for Malaysians working in Malaysia in the first place. Its meant more for expats and Sporeans who want an upscale life at an affordable cost. This kind of development is risky in terms of investment as prices will be shooting up sky high and when govt policy towards foreigners are less favourable, the price will shoot down as foreigners pull out their money.

But PH is very very safe. Singaporeans will never pull out of JB PH as they will have a dog life back in Singapore

i'm a Singaporean who lived in 7 years in jb 3 years in vietnam, from my understanding,99% of johorean will never buy apartment unit for more than rm 1 mil in johor, even my Malaysian friends said im crazy to spent this amount of money for a 900 sqft unit. they would preferred to buy landed properties.

As you said, myr 1 mil is only sgd 300++ , for us is cheap but for them is not cheap at all, I would expect residence in PH is mostly Singaporean or western expat. frankly speaking, even local will not rent a unit and live in PH because the rental will be more than rm 5k.for expat is difference story as myr 5k is only usd 1.5k for a marina view unit. This is just my personal opinion.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In actual fact, PH is not the place for Malaysians working in Malaysia in the first place. Its meant more for expats and Sporeans who want an upscale life at an affordable cost. This kind of development is risky in terms of investment as prices will be shooting up sky high and when govt policy towards foreigners are less favourable, the price will shoot down as foreigners pull out their money.

But PH is very very safe. Singaporeans will never pull out of JB PH as they will have a dog life back in Singapore
Indeed it is risky, but the possibilities are too exciting to ignore. As long as one is not too overly leveraged and able to handle if there is a downturn, it is a chance worth taking. Just don't put yourself in a position that the bank can force sell your unit cheaply, like some multi million condos in sg.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya I agreed with you, there is johorean bought PH high rise but at a small percentage.richer ones prefered emerald because landed. For high rise appt like Puteri cove 1400++per sqft, they would rather buy kl or Penang, at this price per sqft is not seen before in Johor.for my understanding singaporean bought more than 50% of the property in PH,agent told me, I don't know how accurate. But alot of Malaysian bought sunway citrine, for them the price is more comfortable for them I think, I was there when the first launch, anyway did you bought any property in PH?

Regards.

ya I got a unit at encorp

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed it is risky, but the possibilities are too exciting to ignore. As long as one is not too overly leveraged and able to handle if there is a downturn, it is a chance worth taking. Just don't put yourself in a position that the bank can force sell your unit cheaply, like some multi million condos in sg.

For a $300k to S$500k full view units at PH, the risk is surely 10 x lower than a $3 million full view 99 year leasehold Sentosa Cove condo. If buyers of PH cant pay loans, they can always rent out their HDB for RM 6000 a month and live like a KING in PH. But if they dont even hav a HDB in Singapore ( oh please any warehouse asst, delivery man etc all have CPF unless they are punks ), then I dont see any reasons why they should even invest in a place like PH.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Regards.

***deleted ***

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all those concerned they spent to much in PH, you could have bought Le Regal Lor 16 Geylang 850k for 1 bed 2 bath top floor (5th floor "Penthouse"). A lovely location as I walked by today it was lined with freelancers at 4:30PM and in the evening I guess what the developers would positively call a "pop up market" but what I would call guys selling crap on blankets line the building. All this could be yours for only 850k SG$. http://geylangproperty.com/Le-Regal.html

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all those concerned they spent to much in PH, you could have bought Le Regal Lor 16 Geylang 850k for 1 bed 2 bath top floor (5th floor "Penthouse"). A lovely location as I walked by today it was lined with freelancers at 4:30PM and in the evening I guess what the developers would positively call a "pop up market" but what I would call guys selling crap on blankets line the building. All this could be yours for only 850k SG$. http://geylangproperty.com/Le-Regal.html

Tat district 1 bedder with freebies can be had from 500k+ sgd lah… No need 850k so much le… EG: No.1 suites.

arcojos

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally i want to live there
only if wifey finds it suitable
else just for staycation
but things may change
you never know

For owners of apartments (unlike service residences), I strongly urge them to use their units as either self stay or vacation homes. You wouldn't want a 'tenant from hell' to wreak havoc to your unit and bring down the standard of the whole development.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
For owners of apartments (unlike service residences), I strongly urge them to use their units as either self stay or vacation homes. You wouldn't want a 'tenant from hell' to wreak havoc to your unit and bring down the standard of the whole development.
Our intention is to live there but it is dependant on transportation to Singapore. At this time it does not appear the SG gov wants to make it realistic to cross the boarder for work, unless you are the working poor crossing the causeway at 5:30AM to work for 1500 a month. If the fast ferry materializes and other options are made available such as scheduled shuttle buses that can cross the boarder relatively quickly it is a no brainer to move to PH. But from what I have experienced the tit for tat boarder issues are not going to make this easy. As I have said before I come from Canada and we could get a biometrics pass to get to the most paranoid country the USA. You go to an interview get approval and use eye scan to cross the boarder. If this type of boarder crossing can happen then we are there, but again it does not seem to be want the SG gov wants. I remember the ferry announcement (that was going to start in Nov) the cost to cross was 21S$ and the boarder fee from the SG gov was to be something like S$19, why a boat from JB and not at the airport it seems obvious, for SG gov Iskandar is for retirees not workers and that worries me.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sat morning in from Tuas at appx 10am took nearly 3hrs. :confused:
SG custom took 40mins. JB custom took 110mins.
Rch Puteri Harbour 1pm+ :rolleyes:

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our intention is to live there but it is dependant on transportation to Singapore. At this time it does not appear the SG gov wants to make it realistic to cross the boarder for work, unless you are the working poor crossing the causeway at 5:30AM to work for 1500 a month. If the fast ferry materializes and other options are made available such as scheduled shuttle buses that can cross the boarder relatively quickly it is a no brainer to move to PH. But from what I have experienced the tit for tat boarder issues are not going to make this easy. As I have said before I come from Canada and we could get a biometrics pass to get to the most paranoid country the USA. You go to an interview get approval and use eye scan to cross the boarder. If this type of boarder crossing can happen then we are there, but again it does not seem to be want the SG gov wants. I remember the ferry announcement (that was going to start in Nov) the cost to cross was 21S$ and the boarder fee from the SG gov was to be something like S$19, why a boat from JB and not at the airport it seems obvious, for SG gov Iskandar is for retirees not workers and that worries me.

jb is never canada while spore's security could be like the paranoid US one day. I am always hearing how sporeans residing in jb are suffering travelling to and fro. the spore govt has not and have no plans to fulfill the sporean dream with jb in it. so one just have to make it a reality for one's own purpose, period.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I reached Singapore Custom at Tuas @ 1pm.. cleared at 1:15pm. Was planning to test the weekend traffic into PH for a lunch. Never did I expect my plans for lunch turned out to be dinner.

Joined the Malaysia Custom Big Weekend Jams @ about 130pm under the hot scorching sun. From 130pm to 4pm I was struck in the massive jam. 2 hours 30minutes and I can see a few cars simply breaking down due to overheating I guess.

I reach PH about 5pm just in time for an early dinner and slow stroll by the marina.

The jam made me a happy man. After all, a learned Senior in Singapore once commented, " IF THERE ARE NO JAMS, I WILL WORRY"

The Iskandar minister-in-charge should drop by the 2 customs to observe the mother of all jams every Saturday. For sure he can sleep well at night knowing Spore-dollar earners are still flocking into Iskandar to boost Johors' economy.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol… The vivo - puteri ferry would be interesting liao. These weekend Jams are really No Joke! :*:
Wonder would it be a game changer for PH while the train/mrt gets underway?
Irony is from the PH ferry harbor, SG is no more than a stone throw OPP.

:o

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, I bet majority of the passengers in the car struck during Saturdays 3-hours massive afternoon jam towards Malaysia on 2nd link will be most willing to pay S$50 just to take a ferry trip into Malaysia!

I see pple coming out to vomit. Ladies stepping out to clear their car mat.. guys coming out to wipe their car and do some touch up cos the jam is horrific and not moving. I guess S$50 for a leisurely trip into Malaysia is super worth it compared to the 3 hour jam !

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think in future I will have to activate my motorcycle for such occasions. Then change to a msia car after arriving at my condo. Motorcycle no jam right?