• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is pretty impressive. my wife and i both working. and i think that by the time we both retire, we are still far from clearing the sg condo loan.

the cost of living in Sg nowadays is simply too high.
probably when retired/retrenched, move to jb and with the help of the hdb rental,we will have much less pressure and do not have to work part time.

btw, The median cost of living nowadays in sg is 4699 sgd a month. For graduates, the cost is around 6k.
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/much-money-singaporean-households-really-003043520.html

Yes, I hope so. So far I had received two letters asking for payments about RM75K each and was happy when told by agent that I can ignore them as these were covered under the 20% rebate offered by developer, and the remaining 80% would be covered by the bank. So no worries for now until 2018.:p

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice share. I believe amount spent in education services like tuition for kids seem to be understated. That is based on my own observations for people ard me.

That is pretty impressive. my wife and i both working. and i think that by the time we both retire, we are still far from clearing the sg condo loan.

probably when retired/retrenched, move to jb and with the help of the hdb loan,we will have much less pressure and do not have to work part time.

btw, The median cost of living nowadays in sg is 4699 sgd a month. For graduates, the cost is around 6k.
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/much-money-singaporean-households-really-003043520.html

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

probably when retired/retrenched, move to jb and with the help of the hdb rental,we will have much less pressure and do not have to work part time.

Complain, complain then why 70% voted for high costs?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans need not worry. At this rate the PAP govt is increasing minimum sum to take care of your
aged years, its a matter of time before $1 million be set aside for minimum sum. Everyone should be a CPF millionaire when they are retired.

The question of whether or not they will get to see, feel, touch and use this 1 million is not relevant

I wonder how many could fulfill 1mil minimum sum by the time of retirement.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
ph happenings
monsoon cup 25 to 30 jan 16

mon.transformed.jpg

ISKANDAR PUTERI: The Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar officially launched the Monsoon Cup at the Puteri Harbour here today. The ruler was accompanied to the event by the Tunku Mahkota of Johor Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim. Also present were Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, Youth and Sport Ministry secretary general Datuk Jamil Salleh and World Match Racing Tour (WMRT) executive director James Pleasance. At the event, Sultan Ibrahim also unveiled the Monsoon Cup and the Tunku Abdul Jalil Cup. The cup is the last event and sole Asian destination of the WMRT series and offers a total of cash prize of RM1.475 million.

https://www.facebook.com/monsooncup/photos/pcb.10153805677176390/10153805674211390/?type=3&theater

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
So happening!!

ph happenings
monsoon cup 25 to 30 jan 16

mon.transformed.jpg

ISKANDAR PUTERI: The Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar officially launched the Monsoon Cup at the Puteri Harbour here today. The ruler was accompanied to the event by the Tunku Mahkota of Johor Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim. Also present were Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, Youth and Sport Ministry secretary general Datuk Jamil Salleh and World Match Racing Tour (WMRT) executive director James Pleasance. At the event, Sultan Ibrahim also unveiled the Monsoon Cup and the Tunku Abdul Jalil Cup. The cup is the last event and sole Asian destination of the WMRT series and offers a total of cash prize of RM1.475 million.

https://www.facebook.com/monsooncup/photos/pcb.10153805677176390/10153805674211390/?type=3&theater

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how many could fulfill 1mil minimum sum by the time of retirement.

If hdb loan is 30 years tenure then very difficult. I just used up my CPF to make capital repayments and would have to start all over again. How to have $1000000 if that is the minimum?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not as impressive as some of the brothers here!

Anyway SG condos are really expensive, and all the more when one considers that a 3 bedroom JB condo can cost less than $300K whereas in SG it would be $1.3M. For me I think I barely passed the bank's evaluation to allow me to buy the JB condo. In Singapore it would be fat hope to even think I can put down a booking fee or come up with the required deposit.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
the low assessment rates & quit rent will also be easier on you, property taxes are the silent killer in SG

Not as impressive as some of the brothers here!

Anyway SG condos are really expensive, and all the more when one considers that a 3 bedroom JB condo can cost less than $300K whereas in SG it would be $1.3M. For me I think I barely passed the bank's evaluation to allow me to buy the JB condo. In Singapore it would be fat hope to even think I can put down a booking fee or come up with the required deposit.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
the low assessment rates & quit rent will also be easier on you, property taxes are the silent killer in SG

How much are property taxes in SG for a typical 3 bedroom condo? For my HDB 4 room flat I am paying about $1,100 annually.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the IRAS will give u those stay-in bonus or perks. 3 bedroom should be estimated S$100-$300 a month for property tax.

If you rent it out I believe its much more expensive

How much are property taxes in SG for a typical 3 bedroom condo? For my HDB 4 room flat I am paying about $1,100 annually.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the IRAS will give u those stay-in bonus or perks. 3 bedroom should be estimated S$100-$300 a month for property tax.

If you rent it out I believe its much more expensive

Yah...mine is rented out.:p These property tax reduces my rental income.:mad:

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property tax in jb is a peanut if compared to other countries.

my friend in the CA, US pays the tax of 20k usd a year for a 1mil usd house.

in a ulu country like nz, where property tax is lower than most countries, it is every 2000 nzd a year if the cv of the house is evaluated at 400k nzd.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very true. Cos SG pty k go as high as 20% of annual value, n trust me, they are very efficient in updating annual values, unlike Malaysia.

For my malaysian portfolio, assessment only form at most 1-2% of rental.

Property tax in jb is a peanut if compared to other countries.

my friend in the CA, US pays the tax of 20k usd a year for a 1mil usd house.

in a ulu country like nz, where property tax is lower than most countries, it is every 2000 nzd a year if the cv of the house is evaluated at 400k nzd.