• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm more concerned about those who bought Freehold but now might be converted to lease hold.
I think over night the value will drop.
Banks might just come knocking on the door after the new valuation is setup.
Once the foreigners are nicely rounded up in their nice fences it's up to the Malaysian govt to nicely milk them for all they're worth.
Such a scary scenario. Hope it won't happen.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm more concerned about those who bought Freehold but now might be converted to lease hold.
Once the foreigners are nicely rounded up in their nice fences it's up to the Malaysian govt to nicely milk them for all they're worth.

Hard to imagine same condo with foreigners and locals purchased; if foreigner leasehold; if local freehold.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup.. that the most scarly part...

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
all the freehold to leasehold posts here may make some novice to fret so i suggest you guys to just wait till its done, the way masia has always been functioning. brush all the noises aside and hold on, just like real investors are doing...wait.

hasslehoff

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why won't it happen?

If and when it suits them, all things are possible. Already demonstrated by their actions. Incoherent, inconsistent policies, by uncoordinated multiple parties with their own agendas. Only common denominator, is the one that is milked and the one that suffers.

It's not the matter of 'is it this' or 'is it that', but the fact that the policies can be changed at a whim, to suit the conditions. E.g. In the guise of protecting the Rakyat, lets remove/revoke foreign investor privileges that were promoted (as cornerstone policies?), and change the rules that will allow for more reoccurring income. Then, on the other hand, lets implement a more liberal stand for projects that benefit the few, and not the majority, F@rest City, ahem!. Look at the way they protect the livelihoods of the Rakyat fishermen/Asli/environment :*: -

With the oil prices at all time lows, commodity prices low, financial reserves low, political scene unstable, large outflows due to Greenback and/or loss of confidence. Now its not so easy to hide incompetence and mismanagement. Therefore must fill the coffers with whatever they can, wherever they can get it. Buyers/investors especially those from richer neighbour chosen as cattle to be rounded up, placed in cages and continuously milked.

After all 'they' can afford it. 'They' take advantage of the low RM; low cost of petrol and goods; congest our roads (complain VEP too cheap); 'they' adversely affect the living cost of Locals, etc, etc. Maybe 'they' can be another legitimate income stream, no doubt.

(Don't forget the unofficial taxation too, when calculating)

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anything can happen in Johor. It happened to their own people too, as recently 1-2 months ago: http://roamwithbee.blogspot.sg/2015/08/protest-over-land-acquisition.html

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia property investment is high risk, paltry return ? True or False.

Depends on the timing. For those who got in before 2012, the risk was very high as there was little infrastructure, but prices were low so the potential of return was also high.

Currently, the infrastructure is a lot better but prices have gone up, so returns will be low.

This is not just true for Malaysia but anywhere in the world. Just read the papers, some people who got in during 2013 are losing millions in Singapore property ........ or they are sitting on negative equity.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, till this date... many are not familiar with Malaysia's property laws.. u must have faith in the National Land Code and the registration system of titles and the torrens system. There is a limit to what the state can do.

Stay Optimistic

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, till this date... many are not familiar with Malaysia's property laws.. u must have faith in the National Land Code and the registration system of titles and the torrens system. There is a limit to what the state can do.

Stay Optimistic

Well said ....

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
Encorp Marina was launched around end 2011 or early 2012 so according to plan it should have VP latest by early 2016.
I pass by today and took a picture of Encorp. No one there, today not public holiday.

Last July, they asked me to standby payment but 1 year later, no news. Wonder if they have stopped.

Besides late payment penalty, what can buyer do if they stop (in case).

Attachments

• IMG_20150828_140144_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20150828_140144_hdr.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 948

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the first buyers of encorp signed the spa in early 2012, the 36 months is already up. Then they are entitled to 10% per annum as penalty to the developer. They will get payment if the condo eventually VP, else also on paper only. As for the case if the construction really stopped, no idea what can buyer do. Hopefully this does not happen, else the entire skyline will be ruined by the abandoned project and breeding ground for vagrants. imagine another pacific mall .....

Btw, I thought its already 90% sold?

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pass by today and took a picture of Encorp. No one there, today not public holiday.

Last July, they asked me to standby payment but 1 year later, no news. Wonder if they have stopped.

FRIDAY.....JB HOLIDAY?(sunday to them)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only the carpark is under construction while the residential blocks have only started. I nearly bought this project in 2012. Luckily my agent discouraged me.