• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parachuted into the sleek and classy Southern Marina Residences Sales Offices @ Puteri Harbour over the weekend with 3 foreign friends and I realise SMR finishing is of high quality and the finishing is superior, not a normal condo and I cant comment if its better than Imperia but out of 10 stars I would give it 8. In terms of class it is high up there ( probably not the league of Puteri Cove ) but given the price, one cant whine

Understand that Tower 2 is for sale and those looking for own stay you can visit to choose the high floor units still.

Pros

- Value buy ( under RM 1000psf )
- RM 2.80 ( going to impose CC soon so Ringgit wont fall any more )
- Pretty Sales ladies
- Ample Parking lot within Sales Office with nice views of the Straits
- Ample Carpark lots
- Jetty is just 50-100m away so taking a ride to Singapore in the near future will be a breeze
- Convention Centre is a short walk away.
- View is fantastic. One of the very limited editions of Condos ( besides Puteri Cove ) facing Singapore greenery and not some dirty PSA ports of containers.
- Able to see one of the worlds' finest F16 Fighter Pilots in action on some days minus the roaring noise pollution ( unlike Tengah / CCK residents )
- Able to see planes land and take off from afar @ Changi on clear day ( my guess )
- Able to see fireworks from MBS ( my guess )
- Able to see if theres any jams at Tuas before rushing to Carpark and speed into Singapore

Cons

- The only concern will be that one don't know what is going to be built into front of it. This is our only concern. Other than that, I don't see any reasons not to buy into this condo.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parachuted into the sleek and classy Southern Marina Residences Sales Offices @ Puteri Harbour over the weekend with 3 foreign friends and I realise SMR finishing is of high quality and the finishing is superior, not a normal condo and I cant comment if its better than Imperia but out of 10 stars I would give it 8. In terms of class it is high up there ( probably not the league of Puteri Cove ) but given the price, one cant whine

Understand that Tower 2 is for sale and those looking for own stay you can visit to choose the high floor units still.

Pros

- Value buy ( under RM 1000psf )
- RM 2.80 ( going to impose CC soon so Ringgit wont fall any more )
- Pretty Sales ladies
- Ample Parking lot within Sales Office with nice views of the Straits
- Ample Carpark lots
- Jetty is just 50-100m away so taking a ride to Singapore in the near future will be a breeze
- Convention Centre is a short walk away.
- View is fantastic. One of the very limited editions of Condos ( besides Puteri Cove ) facing Singapore greenery and not some dirty PSA ports of containers.
- Able to see one of the worlds' finest F16 Fighter Pilots in action on some days minus the roaring noise pollution ( unlike Tengah / CCK residents )
- Able to see planes land and take off from afar @ Changi on clear day ( my guess )
- Able to see fireworks from MBS ( my guess )
- Able to see if theres any jams at Tuas before rushing to Carpark and speed into Singapore

Cons

- The only concern will be that one don't know what is going to be built into front of it. This is our only concern. Other than that, I don't see any reasons not to buy into this condo.

The impacts of the masterplan below will be big.

Johor Straits Development Corridor Masterplan 2025
JOHOR BARU: The public will be able to view the Johor Straits Development Corridor Masterplan 2025 and provide their input for the development in the next two weeks.
Thursday, August 6, 2015

The masterplan will be displayed at the Johor Baru City Council, Johor Baru Central Municipal Council, Pasir Gudang Municipal Council, Pontian District Council, Iskandar Regional Development Authority office and Dato' Abdul Rahman Andak building in Nusajaya.

Johor Housing and Local Government Committee chairman, Datuk Abd Latif Bandi issues concerning the International Zone for property development is one of the key focuses of the masterplan.
"We have come up with guidelines such as properties owned by foreigners must be leasehold with prices pegged at RM2 million for landed property and RM1 million for strata-titled ones.

"We welcome input from property developers and all stakeholders during the fortnight-long public forum before the feedback is handed to Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, who will unveil the masterplan early next year," Latif told a press conference in Skudai Multipurpose hall on Wednesday (Aug 5).

Among the developments that involved reclamation are in the Sungai Pulai estuary (96ha), Stulang waterway (243ha), Ramsar sites (2,023ha) and Sungai Johor estuary, near Pulau Juling, (pending approval.)

He said the local authority would not grant approval for the development of new coastal projects situated on environmentally sensitive areas (ESA), without a Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment report.

The corridor for development stretches 98km from the Tanjung Piai in the west to Sungai Johor in the east, and covers areas that are expected to have a population of 1.5 million people by 2025.

A total of nine nodes have been identified under the International Zone: Tanjung Bin (1138ha), Tanjung Pelepas coast (2,328ha), Nusajaya (2,204ha), Johor Baru City Centre (573ha), Pasir Gudang Industrial Port (1,390ha), Tanjung Piai (1,537ha), Forest City (1,624ha), Sungai Skudai (297ha) and Sungai Tebrau (429ha).

The viewing period for the Johor Straits Development Corridor Masterplan is until Aug 19 at all the six venues. Viewing is from 9am to 4pm.

http://roamwithbee.blogspot.sg/2015/08/johor-straits-development-corridor.html

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a conflict with the Medini masterplan which is inside Nusajaya. There is no min purchase price for foreigners.

Are they talking about the coastal area within each of the nine nodes?

This is v confusing.

The impacts of the masterplan below will be big.

Johor Straits Development Corridor Masterplan 2025
JOHOR BARU: The public will be able to view the Johor Straits Development Corridor Masterplan 2025 and provide their input for the development in the next two weeks.
Thursday, August 6, 2015

The masterplan will be displayed at the Johor Baru City Council, Johor Baru Central Municipal Council, Pasir Gudang Municipal Council, Pontian District Council, Iskandar Regional Development Authority office and Dato' Abdul Rahman Andak building in Nusajaya.

Johor Housing and Local Government Committee chairman, Datuk Abd Latif Bandi issues concerning the International Zone for property development is one of the key focuses of the masterplan.
"We have come up with guidelines such as properties owned by foreigners must be leasehold with prices pegged at RM2 million for landed property and RM1 million for strata-titled ones.

"We welcome input from property developers and all stakeholders during the fortnight-long public forum before the feedback is handed to Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, who will unveil the masterplan early next year," Latif told a press conference in Skudai Multipurpose hall on Wednesday (Aug 5).

Among the developments that involved reclamation are in the Sungai Pulai estuary (96ha), Stulang waterway (243ha), Ramsar sites (2,023ha) and Sungai Johor estuary, near Pulau Juling, (pending approval.)

He said the local authority would not grant approval for the development of new coastal projects situated on environmentally sensitive areas (ESA), without a Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment report.

The corridor for development stretches 98km from the Tanjung Piai in the west to Sungai Johor in the east, and covers areas that are expected to have a population of 1.5 million people by 2025.

A total of nine nodes have been identified under the International Zone: Tanjung Bin (1138ha), Tanjung Pelepas coast (2,328ha), Nusajaya (2,204ha), Johor Baru City Centre (573ha), Pasir Gudang Industrial Port (1,390ha), Tanjung Piai (1,537ha), Forest City (1,624ha), Sungai Skudai (297ha) and Sungai Tebrau (429ha).

The viewing period for the Johor Straits Development Corridor Masterplan is until Aug 19 at all the six venues. Viewing is from 9am to 4pm.

http://roamwithbee.blogspot.sg/2015/08/johor-straits-development-corridor.html

cleas1977

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what happened to us now that we have already bought freehold properties in PH? Will they change the rule backward?

Merlion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea where the international zone will be and will PH be under the new zone?
What are the implications of such zoning?

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see a lost of variation on the wording, it would be good to see what was really said, it started with this "Abd Latiff said among the suggestions in the plan was the international strategic zone policy with the main focus on not giving freehold ownership of property to foreigners, but only leasehold."
Later I see "foreigners MUST buy leasehold"
I understand their political attempt to appease the public who are afraid foreigners of swooping un buying up everything, fine for me I on only interested in the new areas catering to foreigners. Singapore protects/subsidizes its citizens allowing only them to buy new HDBs, other countries are looking at laws to prevent dwellings owned by foreigners sitting empty (which would hurt more people buying in Iskandar I think). So the JB gov is looking tough to protect its people, no surprise.
But after all the investment do we believe the gov of JB would shoot itself in the foot at this tipping point by screwing existing foreigners and scaring away future buyers?
Its not enacted yet, if we all give a damn then as foreign freehold owners we need to be heard and take part in the public comments.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what happened to us now that we have already bought freehold properties in PH? Will they change the rule backward?

Don't worry... what had happened is irreversible. You should be happy because you might be the last batch of foreigners to own a freehold property in JB.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea where the international zone will be and will PH be under the new zone?
What are the implications of such zoning?
All of Nusajaya is in
"A total of nine nodes have been identified under the International Zone: Tanjung Bin (1138ha), Tanjung Pelepas coast (2,328ha) Nusajaya (2,204ha), Johor Baru City Centre (573ha), Pasir Gudang Industrial Port (1,390ha), Tanjung Piai (1,537ha), Forest City (1,624ha), Sungai Skudai (297ha) and Sungai Tebrau (429ha)."

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of Nusajaya is in
"A total of nine nodes have been identified under the International Zone: Tanjung Bin (1138ha), Tanjung Pelepas coast (2,328ha) Nusajaya (2,204ha), Johor Baru City Centre (573ha), Pasir Gudang Industrial Port (1,390ha), Tanjung Piai (1,537ha), Forest City (1,624ha), Sungai Skudai (297ha) and Sungai Tebrau (429ha)."

BT, could you share where you obtain this piece of GOOD news from?

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
BT, could you share where you obtain this piece of GOOD news from?
It is a link from an earlier post, like everything the longer people talk about this the worse they make it sound, I posted earlier it went from "we prefer foreigners to buy lease hold" to the quote becoming "foreigners must buy leasehold..." Worse case if they do block freehold but grandfather in exceptions for existing owners, ours could be the most desirable properties. http://roamwithbee.blogspot.sg/2015/08/johor-straits-development-corridor.html

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry... what had happened is irreversible. You should be happy because you might be the last batch of foreigners to own a freehold property in JB.

Can the foreigner who own freehold sell it to another foreigner without restriction or only to Malaysian which imply a smaller pool of buyer?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think a lot of people sort of anticipated this day will come. Next speculation will be foreigners can only sell freehold to local. If you really like a place there, might as well pay 30% cheaper and go direct to leasehold to save yourself all these anguish? None of us is going to outlive the 129 years anyway.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can the foreigner who own freehold sell it to another foreigner without restriction or only to Malaysian which imply a smaller pool of buyer?

being able to continue to the freehold is one thing...

only locals are allowed to buy such titles from us is another thing....

and locals could be PRs n Citizens

dun be too worried if it is a solid investment cos water will find its level...

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a link from an earlier post, like everything the longer people talk about this the worse they make it sound, I posted earlier it went from "we prefer foreigners to buy lease hold" to the quote becoming "foreigners must buy leasehold..." Worse case if they do block freehold but grandfather in exceptions for existing owners, ours could be the most desirable properties. http://roamwithbee.blogspot.sg/2015/08/johor-straits-development-corridor.html

BT, thank you

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This ruling could reverse many developer's strategies. Those developers who bought freehold land would be stuck with local buyers.
And how many local buyers with millions are there?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

But how long you can live? Most likely you cannot sell to the next foreigner anymore , can't even transfer to your children since your children is also foreigner. That remind me of LKY words ` at the stroke of the pen '

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
This ruling could reverse many developer's strategies. Those developers who bought freehold land would be stuck with local buyers.
And how many local buyers with millions are there?
Exactly, and as UEM is gov affiliated, and the gov plan was to bring in foreigners, sorry foreign money, why would they sabotage their own plan and affiliated company? With all the hassles of selling leasehold in Malaysia they will scare away many investors. I would not have bought if my option was only leasehold.