• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tips to cater for westerner expat tenants....must have double sided fridge....built in oven...washer/dryer...
Correct but being specific a front load washing machine is preferred to top load, I was so frustrated with the water waste and poor job of the top load in my rental I went out and bought my own front load. I have willingly given up on having a dryer as it is a great electricity drain and things dry quite quick here all times of the year, but for a family with kids it may be a must have. And the fridge, if I can stick my open hand between the fridge and the wall on both sides, the fridge is too small, fill the space with the largest fridge you can, and yes double side is nice but big is most important. Oven is a good selling point, built in is best, but if not done already you can get away with a large countertop model. My place in SG has a built in and I was excited as this was the only place I looked at with an oven, too bad it did not work and blows the fuse every time it warms up, so I bought (myself again) a counter top Delonghi oven which does the job, make it big enough to put a turkey in.

rexmundi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, that’s because I think you are happy staying put in Singapore. In my case, continuing to stay in our HDB flat was becoming increasingly difficult due to lack of living space. Any upgrade would mean looking at atrocious cut-throat HDB prices that would make us worst off for sure. Sure we do go in and out of JB enough to enjoy it, but we are quickly jolted back into our mundane HDB reality once we enter back into Singapore. There is no quality living if we have to look forward to enjoying JB once a week or a few times a month but frown on living conditions in Singapore. Before we moved over I also thought it was crazy to commute with the kind of traffic….but on hindsight, I see now that this is less crazy compared to missing out the other things we enjoy ever since we moved over. LOL! With our move to JB we enjoy so much more…that we don’t even like to come back to Singapore anymore. I mean…I balk at the price I am paying for lunch and meals in Singapore. Half a roasted chicken costs $15, but that translates to RM45 which can get me one bird (chai yuan ji), or 1.5 chicken if I buy Wang Wang Chicken. I don’t enjoy spending money in Singapore anymore….LOL!

It's good that you can make peace with the travelling time taken between JB and Sing. I do believe you can have a better living standard in JB providing you are earning SGD. Bigger house, cheaper food, nicer car. But what about school for children? Quality public schools in Singapore are really cheap. You probably need to send your kids to an international school if you want to get the same if not better standard of education. That choice of education may translate to a higher cost and cancel whatever savings you gain from living in JB, save for the larger space that you enjoy there. What do you think?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is like couple water drops in the lake...just like yours. So now u realize how small your carrot is...no need to wave around...

Who is waving around? Dunno why I ask for the hard evidence to invest you talk about whose money is smaller, really shake head. I know my money small that's why so scared lah, so rest assured you bigger money than me that's why dare to go in to invest.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is waving around? Dunno why I ask for the hard evidence to invest you talk about whose money is smaller, really shake head. I know my money small that's why so scared lah, so rest assured you bigger money than me that's why dare to go in to invest.

Wah,.. with S$2.6m cash and u call that small money, I think I better quietly stand at the corner. :biggrin:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal

TQ for acknowledging your 2.6m is off no significance to Iskandar (or any place). That is a point need to be address because in my line of work i met many 2.6m uncles whom talk want to step over everyone. But they seldom action on anything because they past their prime and main focus is wealth retention. It's understandable...and I won't probe on this point anymore since u acknowledged it has zero significance at all to this forum.

Also nice to acknowledged you are afraid to invest which your opinion has been well spoken for many times. On this point please please keep the 2.6m away from Msian soil. No need to keep asking to be convinced....so you can take your shots on forumers...it's very taxing...

By hard evidence you look into statistic and projection...and forecast from perspective of property specifically for investment...in short property is a piece of paper of % return yield.
By hard evidence I look into property built quality, surrounding amenities, infrastructure, community, exclusivity, location, distance to Singapore etc.

This hard evidence point we have yet to aligned therefore it's very difficult to discuss.

Because it's been evident numerous forumers expressed personal level of purchasing a property unit and the their outlook is comfortable. But couple of you kept tramping on them with general property media trend....and all this with the disguise of I want to help you....truly dumbfounded...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
TQ for acknowledging your 2.6m is off no significance to Iskandar (or any place). That is a point need to be address because in my line of work i met many 2.6m uncles whom talk want to step over everyone. But they seldom action on anything because they past their prime and main focus is wealth retention. It's understandable...and I won't probe on this point anymore since u acknowledged it has zero significance at all to this forum.

Also nice to acknowledged you are afraid to invest which your opinion has been well spoken for many times. On this point please please keep the 2.6m away from Msian soil. No need to keep asking to be convinced....so you can take your shots on forumers...it's very taxing...

By hard evidence you look into statistic and projection...and forecast from perspective of property specifically for investment...in short property is a piece of paper of % return yield.
By hard evidence I look into property built quality, surrounding amenities, infrastructure, community, exclusivity, location, distance to Singapore etc.

This hard evidence point we have yet to aligned therefore it's very difficult to discuss.

Because it's been evident numerous forumers expressed personal level of purchasing a property unit and the their outlook is comfortable. But couple of you kept tramping on them with general property media trend....and all this with the disguise of I want to help you....truly dumbfounded...

Sure no problems, there always people richer than you, whatever it is nano or not, my dad helped me make my first million before 29 and I am grateful for his guidance and continue to learn from him and intend to grow my portfolio from three properties to six before I hit 55 and I am on target as all my properties are fully paid so it is a matter of reinvesting in different countries and restructuring those in Singapore to reflect newer trends of Singapore's changing demographics, good luck to those who bet on JB, BTW I am posting from my hotel room in KSL after a nice and long day and look forward to another great day tomorrow, cheers!

Last edited:

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u are so darn anal about investing in Msia then why r u here in this forum? Go recreate a new folder bout renting then.......2.6mill also wanna talk so much. It's spare change to some of us here in this forum.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u are so darn anal about investing in Msia then why r u here in this forum? Go recreate a new folder bout renting then.......2.6mill also wanna talk so much. It's spare change to some of us here in this forum.

This is whole folder is about living in JB and this thread does not mention anything about buying in Puteri Harbour just about PH Community which includes renting you toot 2.6 million is my spare change too. I am posting here as some people just out for personal attacks in case you are blind.

You must be one of those sour grapes under the RM1 million crowd invested peanuts here and take loan by making bad decisions and still want to talk big.

Get lost!

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

:biggrin:

Human rat race.

Clerks uses ball point pens.
General Managers uses Mont Blanc and wear Dunhill ties.
Bosses uses any pens lying in front of them and wear short sleeves.

Rich people seldom talk of how rich they are.
Poor people normally dare not talk of rich they are.
It is usually the neither here nor there type who try to project how rich they are.

Been there, done that.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Human rat race.

It is usually the neither here nor there type who try to project how rich they are.

Been there, done that.

Of course, did I reveal my total wealth? People here blindly assume and as for myself, as long as I know I am better off than 95% of Singapore's population that's what drives me.

Been there done that too.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Post #5602

No, let me illustrate my scenarios, assume if you have a spare $2.6m cash like I do, as I am planning to sell one of my fully paid landed properties in SG, I intend to buy another FH landed Australian property for $1m for my daughter to stay and so still have $1.6m, I will use the $1.6 m and buy another two $800k FH MM apts in town for rental purposes and get about $5k rental income pm at $2.5k each and spend about $800 to rent a JB condo, my net yield in this scenario is $5k less $800 = $4.2k,

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Post #5602

No, let me illustrate my scenarios, assume if you have a spare $2.6m cash like I do, as I am planning to sell one of my fully paid landed properties in SG, I intend to buy another FH landed Australian property for $1m for my daughter to stay and so still have $1.6m, I will use the $1.6 m and buy another two $800k FH MM apts in town for rental purposes and get about $5k rental income pm at $2.5k each and spend about $800 to rent a JB condo, my net yield in this scenario is $5k less $800 = $4.2k,

Your point being? Are you trying to stir trouble here? Because if you do, I will rebut accordingly.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, did I reveal my total wealth? People here blindly assume and as for myself, as long as I know I am better off than 95% of Singapore's population that's what drives me.

Been there done that too.

Point being we did not blindly assume, you told us so.
You are a rich man, no need to be humble.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point being we did not blindly assume, you told us so.
You are a rich man, no need to be humble.

I said you all blindly assumed my total wealth, the $2.6 m was spare for reinvestment. Nobody is being humble, have more than me is fine, this is not a boasting game.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal

I like this. OL girls in my office buildings like to stare up and down at me inside the lift and give me the dirty look as if I am going to touch their butt anytime. No joke. For 10 years my office attire has been the same attire to East Coast beach for a stroll by the sea

Human rat race.

Been there, done that.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
How I envy you. My dad is a poor bloke and lousy gambler. If he was as capable as your dad, I would earn my first million at age 19! No joke here.

Sure no problems, there always people richer than you, whatever it is nano or not, my dad helped me make my first million before 29 and I am grateful for his guidance and continue to learn from him and intend to grow my portfolio from three properties to six before I hit 55 and I am on target as all my properties are fully paid so it is a matter of reinvesting in different countries and restructuring those in Singapore to reflect newer trends of Singapore's changing demographics, good luck to those who bet on JB, BTW I am posting from my hotel room in KSL after a nice and long day and look forward to another great day tomorrow, cheers!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
How I envy you. My dad is a poor bloke and lousy gambler. If he was as capable as your dad, I would earn my first million at age 19! No joke here.

My dad is a poor man.
Actually my dad is a illegal immigrant from China. We were poor but rich in family.
His real wealth is the few of us who are healthy.