• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next Fri/Sat One 15 will officially announced their 2nd Marina location in Private Marina, Puteri Harbour. Very good news again after their official announcement of Pan Pacific as their Tower 3 operator.

I am lucky to be one of those invited to grace the event. Any fellow residents here who are invited? I will not be going cos I am holidaying.

They have chartered yachts to ferry residents and guests along the borders of Sentosa. I think it will be a cool and romantic evening by the sea

http://prnw.cbe.thejakartapost.com/...es-co-presenting-and-supporting-sponsors.html

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG - a missed opportunity to talk about 'kampong spirit'?! Impossible!

As long as one does not annoy others, I think that is a good start.
The problem is one does not know when and how he annoyed others.
The solution is to allow others annoy him in return without him getting annoyed.

That is the kampung spirit. :biggrin: :biggrin:

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
today's 14nov15 straitstimes page B11 advertisement

Principal Gardens at Redhill/Alexandra

principalgdns.jpg

look at price and compare with puteri cove below

photo-23.jpg
pcprice.png

Last edited:

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am seriously very worried about Singapore's future. Its going downhill. 106% CHEAPER in Malaysia for a Heart By-Pass than Singapore.

What is it about Singapore healthcare which make it so expensive that it had to double? The long 3 hours Q and beds being located in lobbies due to shortage of doctors?
It seems many things are more expensive compared to other countries now. I love our subsidised transit I take the bus and met to work daily, hawker food is cheap, i had my fish ball noodle this morning for $3. But things that used to be cheap just 10 years ago are more expensive than other countries now. Shoes, Polo shirts, TVs, tablets all 10-20% more when I compare to Canada where the people selling the stuff are making $20 an hour and gst is 12%. My Wife works for Versace in MBS and when we visited Vienna the products were 20% cheaper and the sales ladies in Austria are not making $1500 SGD a month like her. Even my European colleagues with their 19% gst say normal dinners out and consumer goods are cheaper at home. I really don't know the justification for how expensive things have become, it is not wages or taxes, is it all rent going to the land owners? If it weren't for the 30% import tax in China we would be in trouble on the retail level, they are the only ones visiting and buying. This is one reason for trying to live in PH money will go further.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am seriously very worried about Singapore's future. Its going downhill. 106% CHEAPER in Malaysia for a Heart By-Pass than Singapore.

What is it about Singapore healthcare which make it so expensive that it had to double? The long 3 hours Q and beds being located in lobbies due to shortage of doctors?

Just checked Sg gleneagles most expensive room is S$7000 a night while Gleneagles Medini is rm600! Think I should semiretire in jb soon. Just spent nearly S$1000 on my boy who was hospitalised for a day in Kkh.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just checked Sg gleneagles most expensive room is S$7000 a night while Gleneagles Medini is rm600! Think I should semiretire in jb soon. Just spent nearly S$1000 on my boy who was hospitalised for a day in Kkh.

Gone are the days when the Singapore govt cant control the media and brainwash Silly singaporeans ( got 70% of them no kidding ) into believing that Singapore healthcare and HDBs are HEAVILY AND SUPERBLY SUBSIDIED.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
today's 14nov15 straitstimes page B11 advertisement

Principal Gardens at Redhill/Alexandra

View attachment 24591

look at price and compare with puteri cove below

View attachment 24589
View attachment 24590

Cant compare Principal Garden to Puteri Cove la. The former to me is shit and viewless, lifeless anda somemore leasehold. The latter is Freehold marina living at its finest with sweeping and panoramic views of the sea, port, forest, etc.

On a clear normal day, any seaview units here can see Indonesia and planes landing at Changi Airport.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems many things are more expensive compared to other countries now. I love our subsidised transit I take the bus and met to work daily, hawker food is cheap, i had my fish ball noodle this morning for $3. But things that used to be cheap just 10 years ago are more expensive than other countries now. Shoes, Polo shirts, TVs, tablets all 10-20% more when I compare to Canada where the people selling the stuff are making $20 an hour and gst is 12%. My Wife works for Versace in MBS and when we visited Vienna the products were 20% cheaper and the sales ladies in Austria are not making $1500 SGD a month like her. Even my European colleagues with their 19% gst say normal dinners out and consumer goods are cheaper at home. I really don't know the justification for how expensive things have become, it is not wages or taxes, is it all rent going to the land owners? If it weren't for the 30% import tax in China we would be in trouble on the retail level, they are the only ones visiting and buying. This is one reason for trying to live in PH money will go further.
I think SG govt is Singapore Incorporated. It's other mission besides providing good governance, is to optimize its income and wealth by providing high quality services to the people and businesses, including foreigners. Key streams of S Inc revenue are the traditional taxes and fees, land sales, investmens returns. Most real estates in SG is leasehold and so is coe lifespan, both these streams provide tens of billions annually renewable streams of income for the govt. LKY was once quoted "it wouldn't be harmful for the govt to make more money"

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi brothers out there, I heard the flash floods are bad today in JB. By any chance, anyone know if Puteri Harbour is affected at all?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope. I was having lunch at Indian Kitchen after collecting my rental and went on PH to stroll and enjoy kopi for 2 hours before entering Singapore. No flash flood but there was a flash jam at Tuas. Saw online no jam but when I reach Tuas, flash jam. Surprisingly, Malaysia side no jam. Damn efficient and kudos to them.

Hi brothers out there, I heard the flash floods are bad today in JB. By any chance, anyone know if Puteri Harbour is affected at all?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone going Puteri Harbour tonight ? I am staying over at Somerset and would like to check out DINE. I heard Puteri Harbour has changed a lot during the past 3 months!
Amazing!

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
what do u all think guys? with pit bulls targeting travellers enmasse, will the two main travelling mode; ferry and hsr ever proceed let alone hurriedly implemented?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
what do u all think guys? with pit bulls targeting travellers enmasse, will the two main travelling mode; ferry and hsr ever proceed let alone hurriedly implemented?

Its just a matter of time my friend. UEM has made Imperia the most high-class condos in the southern part of Johor. I am sure they wont allow PH to falter. They done the first step with a very high benchmark.. I am sure more high class developers for Pinetree, Puteri Cove and maybe Southern Marina will have to dish out higher class and quality furnishing to meet the high standards there

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its just a matter of time my friend. UEM has made Imperia the most high-class condos in the southern part of Johor. I am sure they wont allow PH to falter. They done the first step with a very high benchmark.. I am sure more high class developers for Pinetree, Puteri Cove and maybe Southern Marina will have to dish out higher class and quality furnishing to meet the high standards there

And not forgetting the 4-5 stars hotels like Pan Pacific, Traders and maybe Fullerton setting up shop at PH. They must have been pretty confident of the tourists coming in from Harborfront :smile: