• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not so sure how the RM20 levy will affect the crowd but it does seem that its still super packed and crowded at major shopping joint in JB. Hope it can stay that way. Its time Johor strive to be less dependent on Sing dollars and S plate drivers. Already i can feel the changes.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Funniman and guys

I was there at Somerset Puteri Harbaour, Its happened that I was given to view a unit that is type D, 1087sqft and with connecting unit. I believe the floor area is smaller

In Singapore, Quality Surveyor (QS) certified the floor area before handing over to the buyers.

If the size is within +/- % of the floor area (about 3% to 5%) there is no penalty. Otherwise, the developer has to compensate the buyers the shortfall.
In the case of Somerset Puteri Harbour, there is no certification of the actual floor area.

Maybe someone like to share their experience or encounter such issue in Malaysia?

Interestingly in London also the same about the maximum 5% deviation rule. It is even stated in the S & P. But with the cost per sq ft so high, no one is happy about it. Wonder they are all from the same school.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can.provide link? Have tried but can find

sorry dunno how to attached photo of newspapers cutting. It says approval has been obtained from Maritime and port authority of SG to connect PH to Harborfront. UEM engaged Wavemaster ...targeted to start 2nd Qtr of this year.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also read in the money section of the hardcopy of the Straits Time. Cursory glance only but they stated its 3rd quarter and the MPA has given approval. Thumbs up. Also in the news is the convention centre will start construction next year and ready in 2018. Damn good place to be in 2018 cos come 2018 most of the condos will dot the skylines.

I am looking at 2020 though for Iskandar to be pieced together and evaluate my investments. The RM 20 VEP or 6% GST is not a killer at all.

Looking forward to it..

Strait Times (ST) no info.. Any link?

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
20150409_UEM_DEVLEOPMENT_PUB_.jpg
The start-up phase of Nusajaya Tech Park, a joint venture between Ascendas Group and UEM Sunrise, will be ready at the end of next year.

Development of one of Iskandar's flagship zones, Nusajaya, is being stepped up significantly. Master developer UEM Sunrise yesterday disclosed comprehensive plans for phase two of the project, west of Johor Baru city. The first phase had a strong focus on homes, while the second will be about job creation through boosting commercial and industrial heft. "We are growing Nusajaya organically and in phases, making sure supply and demand are balanced... It is not like pumping in steroids," Mr Raymond Cheah, UEM Sunrise chief operating officer, commercial, said yesterday. The second phase is focused on the 1,840ha Gerbang Nusajaya area, which will have a gross development value of RM42 billion (S$15.7 billion) and will be developed over 25 years. It is expected to create about 76,000 direct and 137,000 indirect jobs, with an estimated 220,000 population to boot. Key commercial features in the area include the Nusajaya Tech Park, FASTrack Iskandar and the Asian Trade Centre which will boast the China Wholesale Mall, akin to Dubai's Dragon Mart. The Puteri Harbour Convention Centre is also set to start construction next year, with completion aimed for 2018 with a total hall area of 5,000 sq m. Approval has just been obtained from the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore for a ferry service to connect Puteri Harbour to HarbourFront, Mr Cheah said. UEM has engaged WaveMaster with services targeted to start in the second quarter of this year. Nusajaya Tech Park got a huge boost last month as well, as Telekom Malaysia signed a land purchase agreement to build a data centre facility there. It will include the provision of cloud services and other smart services to all business owners in the park. "This enhances our capabilities, as we can attract industries which require high-speed connectivity, for example," said Mr William Tay, Ascendas South-east Asia chief executive officer. The start-up phase of the Nusajaya Tech Park, a joint venture between Ascendas Group and UEM Sunrise, will be ready at the end of next year. About 73 per cent of an initial release of 21 ready-built facilities have been sold at about RM380 per sq ft, mostly to Singapore companies. FASTrack Iskandar - the planned motorsports city - will soon start construction as well, pending government approvals. The projects will add to the budding 9,700ha Nusajaya region, where developments such as Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios and biotechnology park Bio-XCell are taking shape. UEM is also developing Gerbang Nusantara, a 63ha housing project of 7,735 units. The first phase of 975 units will be ready to be launched later this year.

[email protected]

http://business.asiaone.com/news/uem-ramps-nusajaya-development

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read that the advertised time from Puteri Harbour to Harbourfront is 1.5 hrs (excluding customs clearance). Seems a bit too long, though I understand there are speed restrictions.

joequek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rm 38.4b approved by lawmaker last Friday. I think they come out with 10 million for the start. News from: themalaysianreserve.com