• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever I drove past that stretch of Danga Bay just outside Country Garden entrance in the wee hours of the morning, I see Mat Rempits racing and weaving in and out of traffic without any compunction for traffic rules. They seem to be in their own laws and life. Souped-up cars will sometimes rev thru the entire vacant stretch of Danga Bay. No wonder most of the bungalows facing this road are deserted and owners have moved out. Its really a run-down place and I wonder how these Country Garden residents will feel every night when they return home. Sad

Very funny hahaha...

A planned and managed Medini/PH vs the opposite Danga Bay/JB contrast will show more and more as time comes.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
As we are digesting the entry of a big Chinese developer, another developer has joined the party. Recently it does seem the govt curbs have gone down well and people have moved on with new benchmarks.
LBS Bina to build more projects in Iskandar
Get Daily Property News in Malaysia, News Powered by PropertyGuru Malaysia

Apr 17, 2014 - PropertyGuru.com.my
table_add Comment email_go E-mail to friend share Bookmark & Share
In order to take advantage of Iskandar’s booming property market, LBS Bina Group is poised to unveil two additional developments there, according to its Managing Director Datuk Seri Lim Hock San.

Comprising mid-tier units, these projects will be carried out by the company itself. Although he refused to reveal other details, an announcement will be made in two months.

In February, LBS Bina said it was building a mixed-use project in Iskandar with an estimated gross development value of RM2 billion. Spanning 2.2 hectares, a huge portion of the site was purchased from the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) for RM71.82 million.

Costing about RM1.5 billion, the construction of the high-end project is expected to take eight years, starting from 2015.

Meanwhile, LBS Bina remains bullish on Iskandar just like Chinese developers, who are embarking on a building spree there.

“I don't see over supply in Iskandar. If Chinese developers are eagerly tapping the development there, they must have done their homework,” said Lim. Apart from being heavily promoted in China, the area is also the darling of investors due to its proximity to Singapore.

Furthermore, Johor and Iskandar are anticipated to benefit from Singapore, just like Shenzhen in China, which is enjoying the flourishing economy of nearby Hong Kong, he added.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news. It was announced on 17 Apr that Johor identifies Nusajaya as the first area to have free wifi connection in all government bldgs, commercial bldgs, and public spaces.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see the need for spending millions on wifi la. Most of us have mobile broadband on our phones. Nowadays I see Blanglas in my office holding smartphone and using voice note on We chat and whatsapp.

SG also had a grand plan 7-8 years back to wifi e whole island. It was a major flop.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see the need for spending millions on wifi la. Most of us have mobile broadband on our phones. Nowadays I see Blanglas in my office holding smartphone and using voice note on We chat and whatsapp.

they need to spend the millions in order to "masuk".

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The telcos will complain. It willl fail like SG.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://m.todayonline.com/voices/expand-sea-links-ease-causeway-woes

someone suggested expanding sea links in spore papers.
i really 2nd it.

Expand sea links to ease Causeway woes

FROM EE TECK SIEW

PUBLISHED:*APRIL 22, 4:12 AM

Both the Causeway and the Second Link are congested with vehicles on weekends, eve of public holidays and public holidays. Many Singaporeans like to drive into Malaysia for short getaways, and the number seems to be growing, given the strong bilateral ties. The trend may escalate when Iskandar Malaysia is fully developed in a few years’ time.

I was happy that a third road link, to enhance connectivity and create stronger links, was mooted during the recent Malaysia-Singapore leaders’ retreat. More importantly, I expect it to further spur Iskandar’s economic growth. The long hours spent waiting to clear the checkpoints speak volumes about the current bottleneck, which causes inconvenience and economic losses. A third road link and the high-speed-rail link should go a long way to ameliorate this.

While waiting for the two proposals to materialise, though, why not expand sea links and ferries as a mode of transport to ease the land traffic woes?

There are now ferries and bumboats that take passengers from Changi, Tanah Merah and HarbourFront to Johor. We should have more departure points by opening jetties and checkpoints at Raffles Marina, Sarimbun, Woodlands Waterfront, Seletar and Punggol-Serangoon.

Such terminals could attract bumboat and ferry operators to ply between Singapore and Johor as well as further north to Malacca and Klang. This could ease the burden on coaches and public buses competing for limited space with lorries and private cars on the two border crossings, and also entice those who drive to Malaysia (and vice versa) to switch to ferries.

We should be like Hong Kong; it is well linked to Macau and many cities in the Pearl River Delta region via high-speed ferries.

Last edited:

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://m.todayonline.com/voices/expand-sea-links-ease-causeway-woes

someone suggested expanding sea links in spore papers.
i really 2nd it.

Expand sea links to ease Causeway woes

FROM EE TECK SIEW

PUBLISHED:*APRIL 22, 4:12 AM

Both the Causeway and the Second Link are congested with vehicles on weekends, eve of public holidays and public holidays. Many Singaporeans like to drive into Malaysia for short getaways, and the number seems to be growing, given the strong bilateral ties. The trend may escalate when Iskandar Malaysia is fully developed in a few years’ time.

I was happy that a third road link, to enhance connectivity and create stronger links, was mooted during the recent Malaysia-Singapore leaders’ retreat. More importantly, I expect it to further spur Iskandar’s economic growth. The long hours spent waiting to clear the checkpoints speak volumes about the current bottleneck, which causes inconvenience and economic losses. A third road link and the high-speed-rail link should go a long way to ameliorate this.

While waiting for the two proposals to materialise, though, why not expand sea links and ferries as a mode of transport to ease the land traffic woes?

There are now ferries and bumboats that take passengers from Changi, Tanah Merah and HarbourFront to Johor. We should have more departure points by opening jetties and checkpoints at Raffles Marina, Sarimbun, Woodlands Waterfront, Seletar and Punggol-Serangoon.

Such terminals could attract bumboat and ferry operators to ply between Singapore and Johor as well as further north to Malacca and Klang. This could ease the burden on coaches and public buses competing for limited space with lorries and private cars on the two border crossings, and also entice those who drive to Malaysia (and vice versa) to switch to ferries.

We should be like Hong Kong; it is well linked to Macau and many cities in the Pearl River Delta region via high-speed ferries.

I read this article with much interest on the various ideas that various parties has.
I think we need to discern the different between HK/Macau/Shenzhen (China) and Singapore/Malaysia.
The former comes under the unified control of China (with overall control and ownership of all the lands mentioned and more), whilst the latter example was a distinct scenario of two separate sovereign nations with neighbouring borders.

It would be possible to have many connections to depart from the various ferry terminals in HK for the various locations as they either land within HK or to another Chinese controlled territory.

We just had another breached of unauthorised attempted to get into Singapore yesterday at the Woodlands checkpoint.

As much as it would be efficient to increase the number of crossing points, cross border security still need to be enforced (esp in Singapore's interest) given the fact that we are currently still a prominent target for potential terrorists and smuggling transit point/destination for drugs/illegal immigrants etc.

The current Puteri Harbour connection to Harbourfront in Singapore can be improved if the travel time can be cut from 2 hour to 1 hour though.

A separate lane at the current crossing for a special group (eg, Singaporeans with Iskandar residences) can be considered to be set up for speedier access.

Just sharing some of my personal thoughts.

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from UEM that 'Imperia' will be delayed till 1st quarter 2015.

According to SPA, if the vendor fails to deliver vacant possession with 36 mths from the SPA, the vendor shall be liable to pay liquidated damages calculated from day to day at the rate of 10% per annum of the purchase price until vacant possession has been taken.

I believed most of the buyers signed SPA on Sep'2011 and will get their compensation from the vendor.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEM is not the master developer anymore. More to Master of Compensation

According to SPA, if the vendor fails to deliver vacant possession with 36 mths from the SPA, the vendor shall be liable to pay liquidated damages calculated from day to day at the rate of 10% per annum of the purchase price until vacant possession has been taken.

I believed most of the buyers signed SPA on Sep'2011 and will get their compensation from the vendor.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
even b4 ph residents are there, lounge entertainment are already happening:

Nuradee brothers impromptu performance live at Puteri Harbour on 19th April 2014

[video=youtube;C0kIvCIqkwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0kIvCIqkwU[/video]

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me for my ignorance but who are they?

even b4 ph residents are there, lounge entertainment are already happening:

Nuradee brothers impromptu performance live at Puteri Harbour on 19th April 2014

[video=youtube;C0kIvCIqkwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0kIvCIqkwU[/video]

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well it was meant to be a high end tourist haven in the first place. If not why would Emerald Bay be the most expensive and exclusive bungalows in the entire Malaysia? Even Moonlight Bay in Penang ( with perfect ocean facing view and back facing hills ) don't command more than RM 3m when they were first launched.

Very soon, you will have buskers there.
Not surprising as PH is turning into a tourist hub.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well it was meant to be a high end tourist haven in the first place. If not why would Emerald Bay be the most expensive and exclusive bungalows in the entire Malaysia? Even Moonlight Bay in Penang ( with perfect ocean facing view and back facing hills ) don't command more than RM 3m when they were first launched.

It would be a joy living in a tourist area as tourists are generally happy people. Cannot wait to see the whole PH come alive !