• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you be more specific, what issues and based on what information, please share. I understand this discussion is not only to blindly chear Puteri Harbour and negative facts are valid, so I would like to know what you base this comment on? I see recently lots of discussion on quality, well my friend just moved to a new place in Potong Pasir, when he turns on the oven the fuse trips, only 3 of 4 aircon work, and other issues, so this is what you get for a million+ dollars in Singapore, I will go with Singapore lite as you say and take my chance things will work out fine in the next 10 years.

You will realise later that some people here in this forum just wanted to talk bad about the whole JB development without much substances.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will realise later that some people here in this forum just wanted to talk bad about the whole JB development without much substances.
Oh I realized quite early on :smile: I just want to call people in it. I have concerns too as an investor, transport for 1, but based an a world view Iskandar and especially PH seem a good idea, sure gov can screw it up but that may only hurt both sides of the boarder, I see only win win here for both Malaysia and Singapore if they make this work, we need to get over petty issues and look to the next 20 years.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, some definitely want to talk bad about the entire Iskandar development. Some missed the boat. Some don't understand the risk-return tradeoff, invested money can render higher profits only if it is subject to the possibility of being lost.

However, the problem here on the Puteri Harbour Community is different. Most who talk down Puteri Harbour are vested elsewhere in Iskandar and are not happy at all with the way PH shaping up. Some most likely have not even been there at all.

Just look at the popularity of the Puteri Harbour Community. Getting close to 1 million views. Only closely behind the main thread and the new developments to share thread.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a high level meeting between the two PMs today in Singapore. Hope to hear some good news.
Ya, some definitely want to talk bad about the entire Iskandar development. Some missed the boat. Some don't understand the risk-return tradeoff, invested money can render higher profits only if it is subject to the possibility of being lost.

However, the problem here on the Puteri Harbour Community is different. Most who talk down Puteri Harbour are vested elsewhere in Iskandar and are not happy at all with the way PH shaping up. Some most likely have not even been there at all.

Just look at the popularity of the Puteri Harbour Community. Getting close to 1 million views. Only closely behind the main thread and the new developments to share thread.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to get into an online spat, we're just trying to balance some of the optimistic views in Iskandar.
Personally I hope Iskandar will flourish as well.
Buying as a getaway from crowded singapore is ideal. especially for landed properties with big space. that's why I think sun way has the right idea.
But that's only 1 of the few developer who is doing it. The rest are building high density housing which currently I have difficulty seeing how the demand will catch up.

But it's just my opinion and I am willing to stand to be corrected Provided there's good evidence to back up the claims.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I said I don't normally agree with those so-called experts analyst but I have to agree with what was written this time. ( trying not to be bias here )

This chap said PH houses are selling @ 70-80% discount compared to Sentosa Cove. This is a fact which was not a figment of his or her imagination. I have to agree with what was written. Those jobs claims etc and economy etc etc I cant believe everything until I see for myself as they are not facts

Wouldn't it be a bit biased since its from the developer website?
I would say that puteri Harbour or for that matter the entire Iskandar project is still not sure whether it's gonna succeed or not.
To say that it's going to be singapore lite is stretching the imagination.
There are still quite a bit of issues to overcome.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to get into an online spat, we're just trying to balance some of the optimistic views in Iskandar.
Personally I hope Iskandar will flourish as well.
Buying as a getaway from crowded singapore is ideal. especially for landed properties with big space. that's why I think sun way has the right idea.
But that's only 1 of the few developer who is doing it. The rest are building high density housing which currently I have difficulty seeing how the demand will catch up.

But it's just my opinion and I am willing to stand to be corrected Provided there's good evidence to back up the claims.

Well to each his own and whatever that suits him or her. For myself I will not be able to handle big getaway homes in terms of upkeep and maintenance. 2 bedders will be just nice for me. Build quality and environment is also important to me, I need to feel the serenity of the place and that its worth going home to. So far only PH gives me that so I am eagerly awaiting to make that place my getaway place. Away from hustle bustle in Sgp for me is therapeutic and also allows me to work from there one day cos I am home based.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well to each his own and whatever that suits him or her. For myself I will not be able to handle big getaway homes in terms of upkeep and maintenance. 2 bedders will be just nice for me. Build quality and environment is also important to me, I need to feel the serenity of the place and that its worth going home to. So far only PH gives me that so I am eagerly awaiting to make that place my getaway place. Away from hustle bustle in Sgp for me is therapeutic and also allows me to work from there one day cos I am home based.

let us await today or tomorrow's announcement rgds HSR
tell u, the whole sentiment will change soon.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most electrifying news to come out from the talks today will be:-

Lee / Najib: " Sorry peasants. We have decided to scrap the HSR plans"

haha, then it will also change the whole sentiment regardless.
and here's the latest from thestar

KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak is on a two-day working visit to Singapore beginning Monday to attend the Malaysia-Singapore 6th Leaders' Retreat.

During the retreat, Najib is scheduled to have a four-eyed meeting with his counterpart Lee Hsien Loong, followed by a delegation meeting where both sides will discuss bilateral issues of mutual concern and review the progress of existing bilateral cooperation, including initiatives upon agreed during the 2014 Leaders' Retreat.

According to a Foreign Ministry statement here today, a memorandum of understanding between Malaysia and Singapore on Co-Operation in Developing Urban Search and Rescue Capabilities and Supplemental Agreement to the Agreement for the Construction and Operation of a Ferry Terminal and the Operation of a Ferry Service between Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore will be signed during the retreat.

During the visit, the Prime Minister will be accompanied by his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman, several cabinet ministers and senior government officials.

"The Prime Minister is also scheduled to meet the representatives of Malaysian Association in Singapore and attend a dialogue session with top business leaders and influencers in Singapore," said the statement.

Najib is also scheduled to deliver a keynote address at the Economic Society of Singapore (ESS) annual dinner tomorrow.

In 2014, Singapore was Malaysia's second largest trading partner globally and largest trading partner among member countries of ASEAN with a total trade of RM194.52 billion (US$59.5 billion), between the two countries.

This year also marks the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Malaysia and Singapore. - Bernama

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/05/04/Najib-Singapore-Malaysia/

Last edited:

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, the big news and game changer is when Raffles Marina is connected with PH. With the huge developments in Raffles Marina vicinity and upcoming MRT, once it is linked, it is going to be a huge catalyst for PH.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm hoping for the RTS announcement.
Johor needs to quickly improve its cross border links.
Guess we'll know soon enough.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most electrifying news to come out from the talks today will be:-

Lee / Najib: " Sorry peasants. We have decided to scrap the HSR plans"

No lah, it'll be something a little more political correct statement like :
"Due to the complexity of this mega project, more time will be needed from both country to provide an indepth and thorough study on all fronts so as to give neccessary inputs to the final design and implementation of the system."

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, the big news and game changer is when Raffles Marina is connected with PH. With the huge developments in Raffles Marina vicinity and upcoming MRT, once it is linked, it is going to be a huge catalyst for PH.

Actually the link from Harborfront to PH is equally important. It will bring tourists from Sentosa to PH and raise the profile of PH tremendously. Foreigners will know of PH first among all other places in Nusajaya and hopefully they will invest as PH prices are so low for a marina enclave:smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the link from Harborfront to PH is equally important. It will bring tourists from Sentosa to PH and raise the profile of PH tremendously. Foreigners will know of PH first among all other places in Nusajaya and hopefully they will invest as PH prices are so low for a marina enclave:smile:

More links are good to have, but at 90 mins travel time betw Harbourfront & PH (excluding waiting and customs clearance time), I feel it is a wait too long. MY and SG should do a ferry service between the causeway or 2nd link. That will surely help the suffering daily commuters who walk across the causeway every morning.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
More links are good to have, but at 90 mins travel time betw Harbourfront & PH (excluding waiting and customs clearance time), I feel it is a wait too long. MY and SG should do a ferry service between the causeway or 2nd link. That will surely help the suffering daily commuters who walk across the causeway every morning.

For daily commuting may be a bit too long but for tourists it's another story as the ferry ride itself can be pleasurable. The ferry ride between HK and Macau did not deter tourists from using it as far as I know tho I cannot recall how long it takes.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just watched the Channel 5 news, Najib and LHL will announce the location of HSR in Sgp tomorrow whether West, Central or East. From this, HSR seems a done deal, only location in Sgp to be shared tomorrow.Hope it will be in the West as will bring more activities to the west end of Sgp and another avenue to access Malaysia.