• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pic taken today from Somerset resident lounge.

IMG_4673.JPG

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok. Had a long chat with my Sales lady today. Apparently, the assigned lawyers were supposed to call up every customer, explain the changes, and schedule appointment for signing. In my case at least, never got a call from any lawyer. Given my past experience with lawyers in Malaysia, not surprised. My sales lady got me an appointment for tomorrow for signing.

As per what she explained on phone and if I did not misunderstand anything:

Central Cooling - will now be renamed to Central Airconditioning due to some nomenclature issue, no change in specs.

Library - will now be renamed to Reading Room, again due to nomenclature issue. A Library would need them to provide with a full time librarian. No change in building specs.

Waste Disposal - Instead of providing a vacuum and chute in individual units, they will provide with 2 on every floor next to the service lifts. This was done to avoid security and maintenance issues as I was told.

Car park - in laymans term as I understood, these will not be a part of common facilities but the individual titles will be given to assigned owners. The big implication - RM 33 per month + GST for each parking will be added to the standard maintenance fees.

On the Imperial purchase, has anyone signed the Supplementary Agreement....?????
Not sure whether I should signed, as the Car park was originally part of the Sales Package...

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the Imperial purchase, has anyone signed the Supplementary Agreement....?????
Not sure whether I should signed, as the Car park was originally part of the Sales Package...

Im not signing anything. A few more have not signed it too......

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im not signing anything. A few more have not signed it too......
Thanks for the reply, considering not signing as the Supplementary Agreement is a fundamental change to the terms and conditions of the original Contractual Agreement ( Sale and Purchase agreement ) that was signed.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the reply, considering not signing as the Supplementary Agreement is a fundamental change to the original Contractual Agreement that was signed.

Just curious.
Isn't the carpark part of the S & P and has an attachment page with its location clearly marked?
I never heard of a separate additional maintenance fee for it.

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious.
Isn't the carpark part of the S & P and has an attachment page with its location clearly marked?

True.....when we first purchased a unit. Each unit either comes with 1,2 or 3 carparks. The bigger ur unit for example penthouse, then u be alloted 3 carpark lots. There was no mention that we will be required to pay for these carpark lots as it all falls under the monthly maintenance fee that we all be required to pay after 1 year.....first year is free. Is there someone on this forum with legal knowledge that can advise owners what kind of legal recourse we can take???

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.....when we first purchased a unit. Each unit either comes with 1,2 or 3 carparks. The bigger ur unit for example penthouse, then u be alloted 3 carpark lots. There was no mention that we will be required to pay for these carpark lots as it all falls under the monthly maintenance fee that we all be required to pay after 1 year.....first year is free. Is there someone on this forum with legal knowledge that can advise owners what kind of legal recourse we can take???

In my case which is Encorp, the purchasers are required to pay service charge for the "Parcel". The Parcel consist of the apartment together with the car parks. Even the carpark numbers and its location map is part of the S & P agreement. The service charge of RM0.30 psf and RM 0.05 psf is also part of the DMC agreement.
I think you need to ascertain that your S & P consist of the apartment and the carpark (not alloted but form part of the S & P).

Speedo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious.

The very beginning when I called UEM office, they explained to me due to the "unfamiliarity"...that they missed out the car park thing in the S&P, and they learned that and rectified it in the subsequent projects after Imperia.

However, we are just wondering how could this thing being overlooked by an experience developer?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There seems to be some progress at Encorp site. Have they restarted the construction after quite a long haul?

Yes, there's 2 additional floors since January. T2 looked like it is at the 10th floor while at the back, T1 is at 7th floor. Actually the project consist of 2 blocks at T1 and another 2 blocks for T2 all being built simultaneously apart from the carpark / swimming pool block.
The project people told me that there would be a delay of about 6 months. Frankly I am not too happy at the pace. I went behind to view and I saw Teega working furiously even on Sunday whereas Encorp is taking its own sweet time.

I suggest all buyers call their Encorp office to pressure them. Details are as follows:

Mr Kong / Mr Micheal - Project manager 03-62867684
Mr Wong - Site office at Bukit Indah 012-7733126

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
T2 will be taller than T1 by 5 storey and that could be reason why T2 is constructed a bit faster. It is a good idea to pressurize them. Any email?
Yes, there's 2 additional floors since January. T2 looked like it is at the 10th floor while at the back, T1 is at 7th floor. Actually the project consist of 2 blocks at T1 and another 2 blocks for T2 all being built simultaneously apart from the carpark / swimming pool block.
The project people told me that there would be a delay of about 6 months. Frankly I am not too happy at the pace. I went behind to view and I saw Teega working furiously even on Sunday whereas Encorp is taking its own sweet time.

I suggest all buyers call their Encorp office to pressure them. Details are as follows:

Mr Kong / Mr Micheal - Project manager 03-62867684
Mr Wong - Site office at Bukit Indah 012-7733126

joe88

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what I received in Nov 2014 for Encorp Marina...

Wong Jia How <[email protected]>
11/27/14

Hi,

I'm not so sure about the main reason of changing contractor.
Yes. Definitely the project will continue as usual.
Refer to our SPA, developer will pay late delivery interest charges at 10% p.a. to purchaser if any delay.
Date of completion : Mid 2017.

Regards'
Jia How

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal

11/27/14

Hi,

Refer to our SPA, developer will pay late delivery interest charges at 10% p.a. to purchaser if any delay.

Regards'
Jia How

thats a fair reply, thks for sharing joe88

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good to know that Jia How is still with Encorp. I have been responding with him all these while. My SPA has indicated Mar 2016 as the legal completion date. Wow, they will be paying more than a year of interest (about 12%) to me.

11/27/14

Hi,

Regards'
Jia How

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good to know that Jia How is still with Encorp. I have been responding with him all these while. My SPA has indicated Mar 2016 as the legal completion date. Wow, they will be paying more than a year of interest (about 12%) to me.

i hope its not slipshod job just to lessen penalty.
btw, because this development comes with ID so i believe TOP
would mean without ready ID? does anyone know this?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope its not slipshod job just to lessen penalty.
btw, because this development comes with ID so i believe TOP
would mean without ready ID? does anyone know this?

The S & P does not have any clause that say ID is part of the S & P.
So I believe the ID package is a freebie. I remembered the sales told me the ID would take another 3 to 6 months.
Whether the total hand over date include the ID or not, it is not clear.

btw, here's a reply from Mr Kong, the Project manager.

Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 4:39 PM

Subject: RE: Site progress - Encorp Marina

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feedback and concern on the progress of Encorp Marina.
For your info, we are working very closely with the contractor to speed up the work progress and I will inform my management on your concern on the site progress.

Thank you

Kong

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I believe the ID package is a freebie. I remembered the sales told me the ID would take another 3 to 6 months.

It should be stated clearly in separate letter for the freebie. Mine is liddat one (Not EM).

May the force is with you.
laojedi.JPG

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

It should be stated clearly in separate letter for the freebie. Mine is liddat one (Not EM).

May the force is with you.
View attachment 20455

Yes. I do have a separate letter as well as list of items eg tv, sofa, bed, pillows, kitchen wares, etc.
However, is the duration of providing / furnishing freebies within of the contractual period of 42 months or not? Cos we are talking of possible late delivery charges which can run into extra 3 to 6 months for furnishing apart from the normal late TOP charges.