• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see a lost of variation on the wording, it would be good to see what was really said, it started with this "Abd Latiff said among the suggestions in the plan was the international strategic zone policy with the main focus on not giving freehold ownership of property to foreigners, but only leasehold."
Later I see "foreigners MUST buy leasehold"
I understand their political attempt to appease the public who are afraid foreigners of swooping un buying up everything, fine for me I on only interested in the new areas catering to foreigners. Singapore protects/subsidizes its citizens allowing only them to buy new HDBs, other countries are looking at laws to prevent dwellings owned by foreigners sitting empty (which would hurt more people buying in Iskandar I think). So the JB gov is looking tough to protect its people, no surprise.
But after all the investment do we believe the gov of JB would shoot itself in the foot at this tipping point by screwing existing foreigners and scaring away future buyers?
Its not enacted yet, if we all give a damn then as foreign freehold owners we need to be heard and take part in the public comments.

After I dig out some past articles in Chinese, which have detailed reports of what goes on in the meetings, we k roughly gauge the relevance of certain pointers. Some most likely will get through and some most likely won't as they are raised by opposition MPs."Highlighted in Bold"

The article is as follows:
柔佛州务大臣卡立诺丁说,截至2014年,柔州共有130万4975个有地房产单位,而注册在外国人名下的房产只有9459个单位,只占0.72%。在9万3900个公寓单位中,只有1088个单位是注册在外国人名下,或仅占1.16%。
(新山综合讯)马来西亚柔佛州务大臣卡立诺丁强调,柔州政府严格控制外国人在州内购置房地产的数量,并驳斥外国人在当地置产“失控”的说法。
他说,截至2014年,柔州共有130万4975个有地房产单位,而注册在外国人名下的房产只有9459个单位,只占0.72%。在9万3900个公寓单位中,只有1088个单位是注册在外国人名下,或仅占1.16%。

柔州依斯干达特区近年来房地产热卖,使外国人在当地置产课题一直以来成为焦点。卡立诺丁前天在柔州立法议会回答国阵实马廊区州议员三苏巴里的附加提问时援引数据强调,外国人在柔州置产仍然占很小的比例。
往后外国人只限在“国际区”置产  
他表示,为了进一步限制外国人在当地置产,以免影响当地人的权益,州政府正着手进行“国际区”的规划,有关工作希望在今年底前可完成。
他说,州政府将限定外国人只能购买“国际区”房产,如此一来,即使外国人在当地置产,“国际区”以外的房价也不会大受影响。
他批评有人试图混淆视听,让人以为外国人买房的情况已经失控,但其实州政府一直都致力控制外国人在本地置产的交易额。
他说,州政府除了根据中央政府土地局的条例落实限制外国人在当地置产,同时也实行自己的打房策略,其中包括如今外国人只能购买100万令吉(约37万新元)以上的房产。
他指出,根据国家房地产资料中心发表的《2014年房地产报告》,柔州在2014年全年的房地产交易达5万8547宗,其中7830宗涉及外国人房地产交易。
“在7830宗外国人房地产交易中,6315宗住宅及建筑物单位获得批准转手,其他是遗产转移(140宗)及以租赁方式的土地买卖(1375宗)。”
他说,在州政府的努力下,柔州马来保留地的面积进一步扩大。截至今年4月,全柔马来保留地的面积达55万4924公顷,占柔州总面积达29.2%,比2014年的43万2157公顷(占全柔土地面积22.8%),增加6.4个百分点。

尽管如此,在野的民行党士乃区州议员黄书琪在州议会午休时召开记者会指出,柔州大臣以外国人在全柔拥有房产的数据比例,来指外国人在当地置产比例不高,并没有反映实情。
她认为,柔州大臣应该以个别地区数据来比较,才能看出外国人在当地置产的变化。“根据上一季的议会资料,2014年中国人在依斯干达特区置产多达2078
个单位,比2013年的436个单位相较迎来大幅增长,而中国人置产以公寓居多。”
为此,她敦促州政府推出外国人在当地置产更严例的条例,包括外国人置产应以土地租借的方式拥有土地,而非享有永久地契。
她也建议在“国际区”的房产计划中,落实30%当地人限额制,以便当地人不被排除在外。

议员巫程豪:
建马新地铁更迫切
另一方面,马来西亚与新加坡将兴建新隆高铁引起关注,民联柔州议会领袖兼民行党士姑来区州议员巫程豪认为,连接新山与新加坡兀兰的马新地铁系统(RTS)是更迫切的工程。
他说,马新地铁系统预计耗资12亿令吉,估计每天往来人数达三万人次。因此,他觉得有关工程应比新隆高铁更快完成。“一旦这项便利建设完毕,会迎来更多的人民使用,同时也会带动周边旅游业。”

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy shit..

International zone coming.. where could it be?
If our current properties are located outside of international zone, how to find buyers for our properties as we can only sell to local and am doubting we can find buyer easily... shit...

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy shit..

International zone coming.. where could it be?
If our current properties are located outside of international zone, how to find buyers for our properties as we can only sell to local and am doubting we can find buyer easily... shit...

Hmm. I really have not read anywhere that they will stop foreigners from selling existing properties to foreigners ......

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't need to speculate.
If you're in already then just enjoy your new house when it's

There's not much that we can do

johnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another article from NST on Johor Strait Development Corridor.
Johor Strait Development Corridor Master Plan timing could be wrong: Consultant
14 AUGUST 2015 @ 7:00 AM
BY CHUAH BEE KIM
JOHOR BARU: The Johor Strait Development Corridor Master Plan is a good policy, but the timing could be wrong, said a property consultant.
KGV International Property Consultants executive director Samuel Tan, who has viewed the master plan, which is up for public viewing at six venues until Aug 19, said he understood the need for the state government to protect the interest of Malaysian property owners and to ensure sustainability of the environment.
However, he said the implementation of the master plan now could possibly deter investors from coming to Iskandar Malaysia. Tan said the 99-year lease imposed on foreign property owners, which is one aspect of the master plan, could drive investors to areas which have no such restrictions. “This would drive the investors to go to Medini, a premium waterfront urban development that has no restrictions on foreign ownership, no minimum price threshold for foreign property buyers, and where investors are exempted from real property gains tax until December 31, 2025. “The price threshold of RM2 million for landed properties and RM1 million for strata-title on foreign property owners could spur developers to push up prices of properties built for Malaysians in Iskandar Malaysia,” said Tan, adding that foreigners would pay three times more for quit rent and assessment as compared with Malaysians in the growth region.
Tan was commenting on the Johor Strait Development Corridor Master Plan, which was unveiled last week and covered housing, green technology, sustainability, reclamation and setting up of international zones for foreign property owners. The corridor for development stretches 98km from the Tanjung Piai in the west to Sungai Johor in the east, and covers areas that are expected to have a population of 1.5 million people by 2025.
State Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Abdul Latif Bandi said the state government would uphold environmental concerns including preserving the Ramsar wetlands sites in areas of the master plan. He said that local authorities would not grant approval for the development of new coastal projects situated on environmentally sensitive areas, without a Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment report.
The viewing period for the Johor Strait Development Corridor Master Plan is until Aug 19 at six venues — Johor Baru City Council, Johor Baru Central Municipal Council, Pasir Gudang Municipal Council, Pontian District Council, Iskandar Regional Development Authority office and Dato Abdul Rahman Andak building in Nusajaya. Viewing is from 9am to 4pm.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Some of the policies that's implemented by the Malaysian govt seems mind boggling.
The rationale is hard to fathom.

This type of implementation seems to be wrongly timed. I hope the feedback from the public and developers will be able to sway the govt to adopt a more reasonable policy approach and not to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm. I really have not read anywhere that they will stop foreigners from selling existing properties to foreigners ......

It mentioned foreigners will be restricted to buy freehold in crtain designated locations..

So if we have purchased freehold outaide of these international zone.. it effective means we can only sell to locals.

Anyway.. now its just proposal.. hope no implementation..

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was reading this chinese paper link on the proposal
Here is the link: http://mykampung.sinchew.com.my/node/376564

Can someone with more 'powerful' mandarin explain what this sentence means: 若國際區房產項目的永久地契已被發出,地主受促租賃相關地段予外國公司不超過99年。

In the event that a freehold title has been issued in the international zone, the landowner shall not lease the land to a foreign entity for more than 99 years.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want freehold land as a foreigner, suggest to consider Australia. The law is clear and straight forward, you can own freehold land and house for Aud 300k in the world's most liveable city, what else can you ask for?

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was reading this chinese paper link on the proposal
Here is the link: http://mykampung.sinchew.com.my/node/376564

Can someone with more 'powerful' mandarin explain what this sentence means: 若國際區房產項目的永久地契已被發出,地主受促租賃相關地段予外國公司不超過99年。

●國際區購屋的外國人,再也不享有永久地契,改以租賃地契
No more feehold for foreigners inside International Zones

●在非國際區,外國人士也只能以租賃地契的方式購買新的產業.
Foreigners can only purchase Leasehold property for new property. (Which means current freehold owners not affected? Foreigne buyers can continue to buy from secondary market?)

New rules very confusing leh....

Tobutobu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Foreigners can only purchase Leasehold property for new property. (Which means current freehold owners not affected? Foreigne buyers can continue to buy from secondary market?)

Yes I think it is very confusing too. :*:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Below are my direct translation (please correct me if I'm wrong). You can judge the impact yourself.

Within international zone, foreign buyers of residential properties will not be allowed to enjoy freehold ownership of their properties, and the status will be converted to leasehold.

Outside international zone, foreign buyers will only be allowed to buy new properties on leasehold basis.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Furthermore as appended below, all foreigner buyers within and outside international zone will need to pay higher property and land taxes.

●國際區購屋的外國人,將被徵收較高的門牌稅與土地稅。

●在非國際區,外國人也會被徵收較高的門牌稅及土地稅。

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property owners in these 9 international zones could be adversely affected, but do note that new zones or existing zone boundaries can be added as and when there are economic benefits to do so. In summary, once implemented in the raw form as proposed, at a stroke of the pen, the investments in Iskandar will be taken back by the Johor government.

2w5mw3k.jpg

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
All are just proposals . Don't panic . They are still asking for feedback from public. Please give them your comments to help each other.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below are my direct translation (please correct me if I'm wrong). You can judge the impact yourself.

Within international zone, foreign buyers of residential properties will not be allowed to enjoy freehold ownership of their properties, and the status will be converted to leasehold.

Outside international zone, foreign buyers will only be allowed to buy new properties on leasehold basis.

That how i read also..

But still struggle to figure where current foreigner owners of freehold property will have their land title changed to leasehold..

Or only affect future transactions..

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property owners in these 9 international zones could be adversely affected, but do note that new zones or existing zone boundaries can be added as and when there are economic benefits to do so. In summary, once implemented in the raw form as proposed, at a stroke of the pen, the investments in Iskandar will be taken back by the Johor government.

2w5mw3k.jpg

Very aggressive and regressive...