• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I realized quite early on :smile: I just want to call people in it. I have concerns too as an investor, transport for 1, but based an a world view Iskandar and especially PH seem a good idea, sure gov can screw it up but that may only hurt both sides of the boarder, I see only win win here for both Malaysia and Singapore if they make this work, we need to get over petty issues and look to the next 20 years.

You are right. For your info, these bunch of jokers actually have bought landed properties in JB but childishly condemn all high rise projects in JB including PH.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. For your info, these bunch of jokers actually have bought landed properties in JB but childishly condemn all high rise projects in JB including PH.

actually many people have heard about ph. once I asked a malay guy why he bought a mutiara rini terrace and not a ph condo. his reply was it was high class and too expensive. so take heart, ph is not for anyone like puteriworld liked to say "deposit RM5000 and wait for pay day"- not exactly the words but to this effect. I must add that when you purchase a property that you like, you must be able to pay it regardless of economy otherwise its gambling in which case you must be prepared to lose.
so cant you see that if you can own a ph condo, you can own a jb terrace anytime? just like in spore, if your location is fabulous all you need is lower your rental expectations and tenants will come abegging.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The Republic's terminus for the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur High Speed Rail will be located at Jurong East.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced this on Tuesday (May 5) after the Leaders' Retreat with his Malaysian counterpart Najib Razak.

Jurong East was chosen as it dovetails with Singapore's overall plans to transform the area into a second Central Business District, according to a statement.

Malaysia had earlier identified five terminus stations: Kuala Lumpur (at Bandar Malaysia), Seremban, Melaka, Muar, Batu Pahat, Nusajaya and the final stop in Singapore.

The High Speed Rail project, which was agreed upon in 2013, has been described by both leaders as a "game changer". It aims to cut down on travel time between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore to just 90 minutes.

The Prime Ministers also noted that the initial target of completion of the project - which was the year 2020 - needs to be re-assessed due to the scale and complexity of the project. No new time frame has been provided.

Both Malaysia and Singapore have been in active discussion on the technical, operational, security and other aspects of the High Speed Rail. Both sides have also come to in-principle agreements on a few areas, and both leaders reaffirmed that both countries are fully committed to the success of the project.

- CNA/eg/av

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The Republic's terminus for the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur High Speed Rail will be located at Jurong East.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced this on Tuesday (May 5) after the Leaders' Retreat with his Malaysian counterpart Najib Razak.

Jurong East was chosen as it dovetails with Singapore's overall plans to transform the area into a second Central Business District, according to a statement.

Malaysia had earlier identified five terminus stations: Kuala Lumpur (at Bandar Malaysia), Seremban, Melaka, Muar, Batu Pahat, Nusajaya and the final stop in Singapore.

The High Speed Rail project, which was agreed upon in 2013, has been described by both leaders as a "game changer". It aims to cut down on travel time between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore to just 90 minutes.

The Prime Ministers also noted that the initial target of completion of the project - which was the year 2020 - needs to be re-assessed due to the scale and complexity of the project. No new time frame has been provided.

Both Malaysia and Singapore have been in active discussion on the technical, operational, security and other aspects of the High Speed Rail. Both sides have also come to in-principle agreements on a few areas, and both leaders reaffirmed that both countries are fully committed to the success of the project.

- CNA/eg/av

So..... with this news, can we still invest in JB properties?

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me with HSR in Jurong East, it will provide an additional avenue into PH. Hopefully the station in Nusajaya is linked to PH by shuttle or monorail. This will means hopefully one day I can have choices to access PH via Jurong East (rail), Raffles Marina (ferry) or HarbourFront (ferry).

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The timing of completion of HSR after 2020 will be right as major development should be completed by then. It will also instill more investor to the area. Good news for all investors in nusajaya.
To me with HSR in Jurong East, it will provide an additional avenue into PH. Hopefully the station in Nusajaya is linked to PH by shuttle or monorail. This will means hopefully one day I can have choices to access PH via Jurong East (rail), Raffles Marina (ferry) or HarbourFront (ferry).

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed Properties not that steady also by the way. HH has semis selling at lelong prices of RM 1.x millon recently.. down from high of RM 2.5m

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call me short term but the HSR still feels too far away to be real.... More interested in the here and now... Any news/ statements regarding the ferry service? They were going to sign something? With that, I can buy a second-hand Malaysian car and park it at my PH property. Take ferry there and then have mobility in Malaysia. Take ferry back and then hop into my Singapore car which will be parked at my workplace which is near Harbour front... :smile:

Sure 90 minutes is a long while. But on Friday nights getting into JB takes longer than that. And in the ferry I just have to read a book. By car I have to watch the road...

Any news?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without HSR I will still invest in Iskandar. I don't take HSR to my JB home daily.. maybe to KL or Batu etc for lunch and shopping. Recently went to view Cambodia, China, Philipines, Oz, Thailand properties.. One big round still come back to Malaysia cos its the cheapest and most value for money. The Malaysians are really the luckiest lot in Asia

So..... with this news, can we still invest in JB properties?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without HSR I will still invest in Iskandar. I don't take HSR to my JB home daily.. maybe to KL or Batu etc for lunch and shopping. Recently went to view Cambodia, China, Philipines, Oz, Thailand properties.. One big round still come back to Malaysia cos its the cheapest and most value for money. The Malaysians are really the luckiest lot in Asia

Hahaha...you are right. And not necessarily you buy residential properties. Industrial properties is good if you have holding power.

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call me short term but the HSR still feels too far away to be real.... More interested in the here and now... Any news/ statements regarding the ferry service? They were going to sign something? With that, I can buy a second-hand Malaysian car and park it at my PH property. Take ferry there and then have mobility in Malaysia. Take ferry back and then hop into my Singapore car which will be parked at my workplace which is near Harbour front... :smile:

Sure 90 minutes is a long while. But on Friday nights getting into JB takes longer than that. And in the ferry I just have to read a book. By car I have to watch the road...

Any news?

Just found out the ferry signing is for something else... not PH... bleah... sniff

jbhunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore and Malaysia agree to deepen cooperation in urban search and rescue capabilities, and plan to provide more ferry services between the countries.

SINGAPORE: Singapore and Malaysia will deepen their cooperation in urban search and rescue capabilities.

A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on this was inked between the Singapore Civil Defence Force and Malaysian National Security Council on Tuesday (May 5), as part of the Annual Singapore-Malaysia Leaders' Retreat.

The MOU seeks to further strengthen and promote cooperation between the two agencies in terms of training, techniques and information-sharing pertaining to urban search and rescue (USAR) and disaster management.

PLANS FOR MORE FERRY SERVICES

Additionally, Singapore and Malaysia are planning to provide more ferry services between the countries. The supplementary agreement was signed between the Maritime Port Authority of Singapore and the Johor Port Authority on Tuesday.

The supplementary agreement provides for the possibility of additional ferry services between Peninsular Malaysia and Changi Bay North.

Currently, under an agreement signed in 1993, there are ferry services between Changi Ferry Terminal and Tanjung Belungkor in southeastern Johor.

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
ferry signing not for PH ? so what what ferry sevice their signing for?:*:

Seems to be for increase in frequency for boats between Changi Jetty and Tanjong Belungkor near Desaru...

Arghh... I just want them to get a simple thing like the PH-Singapore ferry going to show they mean business... No need grand RTS or HSR...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems to be for increase in frequency for boats between Changi Jetty and Tanjong Belungkor near Desaru...

Arghh... I just want them to get a simple thing like the PH-Singapore ferry going to show they mean business... No need grand RTS or HSR...

Doing business means to make money and nobody will do any business that can't sustain and make money!
How many people will take the ferry from PH to SG everyday or everyweek - 20 to 50 or 100 to 200?
As alternative transportation to CBD like Hongkong and Bangkok, people were also talking about ferry from Bedok pier to Clifford Pier with expectation of a few thousand people using it and still............. its just talking only.

joequek

Alfrescian
Loyal

haizz... who cares about what Belungkor ? anyway thanks for the info buddy.

joequek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel you bro! Mega plans for game changers won't come early. Some investors here may not live to see it!

No choice but wait patiently, hopefully have progress every year. Completion of Many other catalytic project will keep us happy.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed Properties not that steady also by the way. HH has semis selling at lelong prices of RM 1.x millon recently.. down from high of RM 2.5m

Yup. You are right. Even houses like Setia Eco Cascadia lelong also no one want now. As mentioned in some earlier posting, propertyguru site shows that about 230 units are for sale before getting VP!! Incredible indeed. Record breaking figure!

Btw, some units (Mahogany type 22x80) selling only RM 760K recently....down from high of RM900K.

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. You are right. Even houses like Setia Eco Cascadia lelong also no one want now. As mentioned in some earlier posting, propertyguru site shows that about 230 units are for sale before getting VP!! Incredible indeed. Record breaking figure!

Btw, some units (Mahogany type 22x80) selling only RM 760K recently....down from high of RM900K.

Serious? why so?

It seems like most buyers are just investors.