• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its really still very early. I am looking at 2020 to 2030 for PH to turn into a world class marina

Your time-frame looks reasonable. But Johor/Malaysia still has to manage its crime rates. The problem is even if the standard of policing improves, criminals can come to Johor and escape easily to other states by highways.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor Crime rate has gone down so much since I first stayed in Johor some 10+ years ago. Those days its really a nightmare to venture out for rides after 10pm. But of course compared to Singapore it still has a long way to go.

I just came back via 2nd link @ 4am after a late night massage cum supper just now and was surprised to find the 10+ Ferrari cars in a convoy speeding into 2nd link. When Motorsports City is completed, these chaps wont have to speed all the way up to Sepang. Quite surprised to see them on a Thursday early morning as I usually see them on Fridays or Weekends

Your time-frame looks reasonable. But Johor/Malaysia still has to manage its crime rates. The problem is even if the standard of policing improves, criminals can come to Johor and escape easily to other states by highways.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
mets_my_1411_pg10bb_yvonneleemy_1.ashx

The Passage to Langkawi Yacht Rally will cover a distance of over 3,000 nautical miles from Darwin, Australia to Langkawi.

More jetties plannedto attract sailors to Johor

Published: Friday November 14, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Friday November 14, 2014 MYT 10:30:50 AM

by norbaiti phaharoradzi

NUSAJAYA: Johor is expected to build more jetties to welcome a greater number of local and international sailors within the next four years.

State Tourism Department director Dr Badrul Hisham Kassim said that currently there are only two jetties in Puteri Harbour and Danga Bay respectively offering such facilities for ships to berth.

He said the Danga Bay jetty has been temporarily closed.

“We hope to set up more such facilities in the west and east parts of the state as this will boost the tourism sector,” he said in a press conference here after attending the Passage to Langkawi Yacht Rally.

He added that the state would also assist the private sector in such ventures by helping them with Customs and immigration procedures.

“Puteri Harbour is a popular pit stop for sailors.

“Among the facilities available include laundry service, cafés, information centre, bathrooms and also transportation to travel to the Johor Baru city centre,” he added.

Meanwhile, SM Discovery Sdn Bhd managing director Sazli Kamal Basha said that the yacht rally, which began in July will cover a distance of over 3,000 nautical miles.

The sailors will travel from Darwin, Australia to Langkawi and the journey will take five months.

“There are about 80 people on 35 yachts from nine countries participating in this expedition.

Badrul said: “Puteri Harbour is a popular pit stop for sailors.Among the facilities available include laundry service, cafs, information centre, bathrooms and also transportation to travel to the Johor Baru city centre.”
Badrul said: "Puteri Harbour is a popular pit shop for sailors. Among the facilities available include laundry service, cafes, information centre, bathrooms and also transportation to travel to the Johor Baru city centre."

“Among the countries taking part are Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, Britain and the United States,” he said.

Sazli added that the objective of the expedition was to give participants a chance to experience the facilities available on the west coast of Peninsualr Malaysia apart from learning about different cultures.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Community/2014/11/14/More-jetties-plannedto-attract-sailors-to-Johor/

Last edited:

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering........have the keys been handed over to all owners of Somerset? How long is the delay already?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering........have the keys been handed over to all owners of Somerset? How long is the delay already?

VP expected end of year or latest by early Jan, after talking to
UM Land. Interior renovations n fittings are progressing well.
Expected to be ready too by VP date. Of course, the operation
date will be decided by Ascott Mgt. But we are not concerned,
cos on DIBS. And if UMLand missed deadline of March 2015 for
VP, they have to pay penalties.

joe88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has any update on Encore Marina? I heard construction had stopped.. Can it be completed in early 2016? Thanks

joe88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has any update of Encorp Marina? Has construction stopped? If it's going to TOP in early 2016?
Thanks

Was there 29 Oct last week, Imperia both towers reach top already. Encorp still car park level, don't know why. Overall public marina very well maintained, spoilt walk paths are patched back and seats are now covered with thick paint that doesn't fade easily. The wooden benches also well maintained and was not fading in colour.

This is very important for the area to be successful. Only issue I see is the open car park area of Hello Kitty and Traders hotel, in very bad state, much worse than my last trip there few months back. The pavements and roads are full of pot holes, making the area very cheap. However, think they didn't bother to maintain because of the construction trucks in and out BUT they must maintain properly if they want the area to be GEM OF PUTERI HARBOUR. Having such a badly maintained open space will not be good for the area.

Finally, as usual dined at Brussels cafe, this time burger is back to good in terms of taste and size, happy with the service and noticed most restaurants are quite packed for a weekday rainy evening. Also, all the open space car park almost full.

Cretan

I think very unlikely to complete by early 2016. I had a look at it from the hello kitty building a few months ago and it didn't look like anyone was working on it. And that was a weekday afternoon! So if construction has indeed stopped, that has been the case for a few months already....

Is there any problem with the developer?

Anyone has any update on Encore Marina? I heard construction had stopped.. Can it be completed in early 2016? Thanks

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has any update of Encorp Marina? Has construction stopped? If it's going to TOP in early 2016?
Thanks

I spoke to the management last week. They had slowed down recently as they are looking to appoint the contractors for the tower blocks. The podium contractors are different team. They said my level 20 unit would be structually up only in end 2015. This project is 30 plus floors.
The TOP is scheduled to be last quarter 2016. Personally I think it would be in mid 2017.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like that's the way they do construction here, separate tender for different parts of the building. Even puteri cove told me that after the foundation is done, they will contract another team to build the towers to get best value. But this may add delay to the schedule. I think only sunway don't do it this way, all build by their own sunway construction.