• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Puteri Cove Residences Tower 1 is up to 21th floor. Can anyone confirm? Cos when I drive past Tuas it really don't look like 21th. More like 11th.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are talking about retirement here and the reasons why they would want to retire outside Singapore.
That will impact Iskandar's property market. What are the real push factors that Singaporeans want to get out? Or there isn't any really.
From my personal opinion, I can't see a strong push. Singapore is still liveable for retirement.

Freebies has got nothing to do with retirement :smile:

Yes, you are right. There's no push. It's because we are in this small forum and there are soon-to-be-retired people who are interested to go over to live in Iskandar but paint a bleak retirement scene in SG. I'm sure we are surrounded by colleagues, friends, etc in SG who are more optimistic.

I've 2 elderly colleagues nearing 70 years old who are living in landed properties in SG. Their children are grown up. Good careers: Doctor, accountants and graphics designer. My colleagues can easily retire and buy a few Iskandar properties! But nope. They are still working! To them, it keeps their minds active. They also sometimes look after their grandchildren and play with them.

Will they move to Iskandar? Not at all. As you've mentioned SG is a liveable place. It's some people here who paint a dead end picture of Singapore. .. expensive, crowded etc. You earn SGD why do you say a plate of chicken rice at S$4 expensive? Crowded? Don't travel during peak periods if possible. To me, crowds are good. It means the place is vibrant and in demand. That's why our properties in SG got value and continue to rise!

It will never be easy to move in and out of Johor, regardless of HSR or RTS. Causeway will always jam... 10 years ago, now and likely 10 years later. The culture and environment will always be different both sides of the causeway. So Singaporean families will never be pushed over except for a minority few.

Contrary to popular belief, there are still undeveloped lands in SG. Still many old low rise HDB flats that can be en bloc to make way for 40-storey BTO flats selling at affordable S$300-400k. Connectivity will be fantastic in future -- more complex MRT lines, cycling paths, new highways linking to many places. With "car-lite", most people don't even need a car to get to practically every part of SG. These are the things that Singaporeans want. Read and follow the news. The government has it going to retain its citizens in SG! It's far from a dead end.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my sweethearts in Malaysia told me that she went to 1MDB dental treatment at a public hospital for just RM1 for cleaning and RM3 for scaling. This is REAL subsidy and I don't understand why is it so cheap. And is not for Bumis and poor people. Its for MALAYSIANS.

No wonder Malaysians just want to fleech on Singapore PR but refuse to give up Malaysia citizenship. Heng ah! They are not Singaporeans. I just paid some $1000+ for my dental treatment and some stuff. After that heart feels more pain than my teeth!

My brother once fainted on the road. Ambulance came and took him to Hospital. He had ulcers in his stomach and had his colonoscopy. Doctors might as well did a total medical on him and treated him for high blood pressure and whatever. 3 weeks later, he was discharged. Medical Bill was RM2 per day for the ward charges. Medicine and doctor fees free. Total: RM66.00. Btw, I am a Chinese.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
My brother once fainted on the road. Ambulance came and took him to Hospital. He had ulcers in his stomach and had his colonoscopy. Doctors might as well did a total medical on him and treated him for high blood pressure and whatever. 3 weeks later, he was discharged. Medical Bill was RM2 per day for the ward charges. Medicine and doctor fees free. Total: RM66.00. Btw, I am a Chinese.

This is one of few malaysia boleh things I heartily salute.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just received a notice from Encorp on relocation of Encorp Iskandar office to its head office in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
All Buyers should also receive theirs. But if anybody need the contact details, you can pm me.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really do not understand why Singaporeans are so worried about retirement. You got your CPF, your HDB which should be fully paidup when you retired and Medisave. When you are old and do not have a job, you don't need a car. Your kids would have got married and probably have a HDB on his own. Food courts is cheap. I don't think it is hard to retire in Singapore unless you are itchy. Some retirees may not be rich but at least they won't starve. They have all sorts of activities from line dancing to taichi.

S$50 can buy you lots of groceries. RM50 can buy you only McDonalds. By comparison, do you know at least 50% of Malaysians have maximum RM50,000 in their EPF when they retire? How do they survive? Rich or poor, life still go on. So don't stress too much.

That's why I lepak all the way, even if you are common man, just have CPF, medisave, fully paid HDB, if Singapore too expensive just go Johor and rent lots of RM800 houses available .

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you are right. There's no push. It's because we are in this small forum and there are soon-to-be-retired people who are interested to go over to live in Iskandar but paint a bleak retirement scene in SG. I'm sure we are surrounded by colleagues, friends, etc in SG who are more optimistic.

I've 2 elderly colleagues nearing 70 years old who are living in landed properties in SG. Their children are grown up. Good careers: Doctor, accountants and graphics designer. My colleagues can easily retire and buy a few Iskandar properties! But nope. They are still working! To them, it keeps their minds active. They also sometimes look after their grandchildren and play with them.

Will they move to Iskandar? Not at all. As you've mentioned SG is a liveable place. It's some people here who paint a dead end picture of Singapore. .. expensive, crowded etc. You earn SGD why do you say a plate of chicken rice at S$4 expensive? Crowded? Don't travel during peak periods if possible. To me, crowds are good. It means the place is vibrant and in demand. That's why our properties in SG got value and continue to rise!

It will never be easy to move in and out of Johor, regardless of HSR or RTS. Causeway will always jam... 10 years ago, now and likely 10 years later. The culture and environment will always be different both sides of the causeway. So Singaporean families will never be pushed over except for a minority few.

Contrary to popular belief, there are still undeveloped lands in SG. Still many old low rise HDB flats that can be en bloc to make way for 40-storey BTO flats selling at affordable S$300-400k. Connectivity will be fantastic in future -- more complex MRT lines, cycling paths, new highways linking to many places. With "car-lite", most people don't even need a car to get to practically every part of SG. These are the things that Singaporeans want. Read and follow the news. The government has it going to retain its citizens in SG! It's far from a dead end.

Yep that's why my parents also refuse to live in Johor, I beg them and say "I buy house, you stay and look after for me" they also don't want. They enjoy very good quality life in Singapore with some financial planning, no need to go Johor.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not for everyone, only for Malaysians

Information from General Hospital

Foreigners pay Ward Charges of RM160 and In patient fee of RM100 per day.

Locals pay Ward Charges of RM3 and In patient fee free of charge per day.
For pensioner / government servant, it is FOC.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep that's why my parents also refuse to live in Johor, I beg them and say "I buy house, you stay and look after for me" they also don't want. They enjoy very good quality life in Singapore with some financial planning, no need to go Johor.

Your folks so rich, wat for go JB? Feed mosquitos meh?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Information from General Hospital

Foreigners pay Ward Charges of RM160 and In patient fee of RM100 per day.

Locals pay Ward Charges of RM3 and In patient fee free of charge per day.
For pensioner / government servant, it is FOC.

Big difference.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
They lead a simple life and are contented with Singapore. Like you said most Singaporeans have CPF and fully paid HDB, what is so tough about living in Singapore?

Some people like sitting at square table, some like round table yet some like irregular shaped table.
Square table sits 4 only, round table can squeeze 6 if possible or maybe 8, irregular shape is unknown. Which one they choose depend on their limit of challenge.
It all depends on individuals. Wat I like to know is the percentage of their preference.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They lead a simple life and are contented with Singapore. Like you said most Singaporeans have CPF and fully paid HDB, what is so tough about living in Singapore?

Quite true, most people are contented with what they have and prefer to remain status quo. This is good and should be encouraged. There will be 900000 people above 65 in a few years time, it will be chaos if everyone of them think the same way. We should respect the individual's choice of how they want to live.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG..Why buy? No brainless will rent a house so cheap cheap in jb. :p

Last edited:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Encorp said physical completion is sometime in Jan 2017. Anyone has latest photos of the site?
I just received a notice from Encorp on relocation of Encorp Iskandar office to its head office in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
All Buyers should also receive theirs. But if anybody need the contact details, you can pm me.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

In my view, most of those who have paid up their HDB and still have money in CPF for their retirement or are already retired and drawing from CPF, are those who bought their HDB units in the 80s or early 90s, when prices were affordable (not the same meaning given by Govt today LOL!) . But most who bought after that may not see such good fortune.