• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PRC economic story is quite a miracle. All the major cities are growing every day.

The Malaysian economic story unfortunately is very different. I hope JB can look like SZ during my lifetime, but I seriously doubt. As long as it does not go backwards is good enough for me.

Took this from 40th floor mbs 5mins ago. I heard shenzhen can do like this within 15yrs. or rather the chinese did something similar within those yrs there.

View attachment 16257

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I second that. Frankly speaking. I don't have high expectations for Johor development.
Just too many cases of big mega projects that fall flat on their face.

If it works out then it's a bonus but not hoping for much.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor wont go backward for as long as it is situated next to the Financial Hub of Asia. Spillover effect is very important for success

The PRC economic story is quite a miracle. All the major cities are growing every day.

The Malaysian economic story unfortunately is very different. I hope JB can look like SZ during my lifetime, but I seriously doubt. As long as it does not go backwards is good enough for me.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia posseses what Singapore has. Malaysia has also what Singapore don't possess. Its not possible for Malaysia to remain stagnant for the next 20 years even if they have a f-up government in power. They have all the resources, the land, the right people and I am utterly surprised at Iskandars' growth for the past 5 years. It reminds me of Singapore's growth from 1980 to 2000 but of course it takes 20 full years here

Malaysia will still grow steadily, cos of the "population dividend" effect which is missing in Singapore.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
some boaters who stayed at PH took this pic of traders with the uncompleted imperia as backdrop but sort of lighted up? i guess um wanted this condo to be seen afar off!

14783231074_5f8fb7c305_n.jpg

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
some boaters who stayed at PH took this pic of traders with the uncompleted imperia as backdrop but sort of lighted up? i guess um wanted this condo to be seen afar off!

14783231074_5f8fb7c305_n.jpg

Why we Singaporean love to see ang moh in our places? We worship them as high class people. We wish they come and stay in our best neighborhood, rent our houses, and sleep our prettiest women...

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teega Update

After paying for stage 2A early this year, nothing heard so far from UEM. Anyone knows when is payment for Stage 2B due? Received an letter from UEM to the lawyer that as we have not settled the difference btw purchase price and approved loan sum, deed of Assignment cannot be executed. Should I be unduly concerned? Or can I pay in advance of Stage 2B to get the DOA completed.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why we Singaporean love to see ang moh in our places? We worship them as high class people. We wish they come and stay in our best neighborhood, rent our houses, and sleep our prettiest women...

I neither feel loved nor worshipped, I feel kind of tolerated. In regards to renting houses, who else but an expat would be dumb enough to pay the prices you ask for renting a house, Singaporeans should be thrilled to stick it to foreigners who will pay more to rent a house here than just about anywhere else on the planet (do you or any of your local friends want to pay those prices)? And in regards to dating local women, if you come here alone who should/can they date, only ugly chicks to make you happy? If you had a delegation in Korea wouldn't it be ok to date a pretty Korean, or to satisfy the locals you would pick an ugly one? I come from Vancouver where there is a much higher visibility of "mixed" racial couples as compared to Singapore, and no one cares or comments. My wife is Chinese/Canadian and we are stared at in Singapore all the time, it is like being in farm town in China, and one here appears "happy" we are together. So I do not share your views as experienced from the other side. You have more billionaires in Singapore than anywhere else, worship them for their 4 Ferraris and their 5 hot young wives scattered round the city, don't worry about the visible minorities. And as they say it is called an “Inferiority” complex not a “Superiority” complex, because it the fault of the one who feels it. Singaporeans have an amazing country/city, life and opportunities few in this region have. And yet people appear so miserable, always comparing themselves to others and feeling bad for what they do not have, you need to travel man.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those Suckers, opps I mean tenants/buyers who either buy or rent my houses in Iskandar are Expats of all different nationalities. That include those from India and China.

I worship God every Sunday and worship Expats from Monday-Friday. Without expat, I would have been a poor bloke. This happens everywhere. Nothing to do with inferiority or Superiority

I neither feel loved nor worshipped, I feel kind of tolerated. In regards to renting houses, who else but an expat would be dumb enough to pay the prices you ask for renting a house, Singaporeans should be thrilled to stick it to foreigners who will pay more to rent a house here than just about anywhere else on the planet (do you or any of your local friends want to pay those prices)? And in regards to dating local women, if you come here alone who should/can they date, only ugly chicks to make you happy? If you had a delegation in Korea wouldn't it be ok to date a pretty Korean, or to satisfy the locals you would pick an ugly one? I come from Vancouver where there is a much higher visibility of "mixed" racial couples as compared to Singapore, and no one cares or comments. My wife is Chinese/Canadian and we are stared at in Singapore all the time, it is like being in farm town in China, and one here appears "happy" we are together. So I do not share your views as experienced from the other side. You have more billionaires in Singapore than anywhere else, worship them for their 4 Ferraris and their 5 hot young wives scattered round the city, don't worry about the visible minorities. And as they say it is called an “Inferiority” complex not a “Superiority” complex, because it the fault of the one who feels it. Singaporeans have an amazing country/city, life and opportunities few in this region have. And yet people appear so miserable, always comparing themselves to others and feeling bad for what they do not have, you need to travel man.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those Suckers, opps I mean tenants/buyers who either buy or rent my houses in Iskandar are Expats of all different nationalities. That include those from India and China.

I worship God every Sunday and worship Expats from Monday-Friday. Without expat, I would have been a poor bloke. This happens everywhere. Nothing to do with inferiority or Superiority

Are you free on Sat? wink wink..

Jogger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got a message'' UEMS TRESOR EXCLUSIVE EVENT LAENDA APPRECIATION 23/08, 12PM@TRADERS HOTEL PUTERI HARBOUR JB RSVP BEOFRE 22/08 ''

Anyone attended it before &can share?

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I heard Hong Kong rental is higher than Spore. Singaporeans have an amazing country and plentiful opportunities. The issue is who get to enjoy these opportunities these days and in future. Don't dismiss Singaporeans' feelings of miserableness. They are valid and people were not always miserable, started only in the recent years after the massive influx of foreigners crowding locals out of jobs, housing, mrt, schooling etc space.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you waste 2 years of your time serving the country, behind your back the govt import millions to fill the void without serving NS, tell me, wouldnt you be miserable?

I heard Hong Kong rental is higher than Spore. Singaporeans have an amazing country and plentiful opportunities. The issue is who get to enjoy these opportunities these days and in future. Don't dismiss Singaporeans' feelings of miserableness. They are valid and people were not always miserable, started only in the recent years after the massive influx of foreigners crowding locals out of jobs, housing, mrt, schooling etc space.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Self righteous Ang Mo coming here give lectures on how to be a better person???
He is definitely not qualified to judge us. His views are only skin deep yet he dare to judge us openly.
Can u imagine in private how he judges & compares us??? Can't fathom.

Anyway the World is now spinning Asia Pacific. If not why are so many of them (Ang Mo) in this part of the World?
When u go to people's home, pls keep ur comments to yourself. Otherwise u are so free to take ur leave.
We will not miss you. Neither do we need you. LOL

:kma:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you waste 2 years of your time serving the country, behind your back the govt import millions to fill the void without serving NS, tell me, wouldnt you be miserable?

That is true, it is not possible to convert a family home to budget hotel with budget travellers including angmoh, and yet still expect family members to defend it like a home. People will feel it is an exploitation and waste of time.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Self righteous Ang Mo coming here give lectures on how to be a better person???
He is definitely not qualified to judge us. His views are only skin deep yet he dare to judge us openly.
Can u imagine in private how he judges & compares us??? Can't fathom.

Anyway the World is now spinning Asia Pacific. If not why are so many of them (Ang Mo) in this part of the World?
When u go to people's home, pls keep ur comments to yourself. Otherwise u are so free to take ur leave.
We will not miss you. Neither do we need you. LOL

:kma:

Many foreigners working in Spore feel very entitled to talk down to Singaporeans. No thanks to PAP giving them the wrong idea they are indispensible and help create jobs, in other words they think they are doing Sporean a big favour by coming to Spore to work. In reality, many are tom, dick, harry in their home country with no special talent and come here to do jobs that Sporeans are willing and able to do and they should be thankful to Spore and Sporeans for letting them earn a good living at Sporeans' own expense.