• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone going Puteri Harbour tonight ? I am staying over at Somerset and would like to check out DINE. I heard Puteri Harbour has changed a lot during the past 3 months!
Amazing!

Me and family went there twice within a week.one is a day and one in the evening.during the day,probably due to rain,there wasn't much people 7out of ten shops opened.Restaurants are plenty and seems to offer good food and ambience BUT the staff are not that attentive.Overall it was nice.It reminds me of sentosa cove infact 80% similar.it lacks the crowd .During the evening you can see European and Indian expats(dunno where they come from).Check outb Jen's hotel's lobby.its beautiful .

If you want peace and quiet you can go to Starbucks and sit outside ..nice.

If Puteri Harbour were to pull it off..with the crowd,it will be an awesome place

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets not forget 20 years ago, Sentosa is a piece of shit too. I remembered Fantasy Island starting out with a bang but ended up closing shop. Those were the days when Sentosa is devoid of human beings. Now its overcrowded

Me and family went there twice within a week.one is a day and one in the evening.during the day,probably due to rain,there wasn't much people 7out of ten shops opened.Restaurants are plenty and seems to offer good food and ambience BUT the staff are not that attentive.Overall it was nice.It reminds me of sentosa cove infact 80% similar.it lacks the crowd .During the evening you can see European and Indian expats(dunno where they come from).Check outb Jen's hotel's lobby.its beautiful .

If you want peace and quiet you can go to Starbucks and sit outside ..nice.

If Puteri Harbour were to pull it off..with the crowd,it will be an awesome place

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets not forget 20 years ago, Sentosa is a piece of shit too. I remembered Fantasy Island starting out with a bang but ended up closing shop. Those were the days when Sentosa is devoid of human beings. Now its overcrowded

Seriously? Now Sentosa properties are the biggest losers in the property market with the biggest hits. To those who bought it is still shit. Those who didn't invest there just enjoy the place.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously? Now Sentosa properties are the biggest losers in the property market with the biggest hits. To those who bought it is still shit. Those who didn't invest there just enjoy the place.

Personally I got ex sch mates who made 2-3 millions after offloading their sentosa properties. Then come the downturn. PH has a long way to go to reach that cycle. Easily 10 years later.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
A new football stadium cum theme park would be built in Kota Iskandar...slowly the waterfront pubs PH will be the staging point for sport fans.
====================================================

Construction of Johor Darul Ta'zim's (JDT) new stadium in di Nusajaya, Johor will start in November, according to the Johor FA (JFA).

JFA said the stadium which would have a capacity to seat 45,000 fans would be built on a 20.23-hectare site in Kota Iskandar, Nusajaya, on land alienated by the Johor government for football development.

"The project which will be completed in three years will also feature a theme park, football golf for children, restaurants, shopping outlets, and a shop specifically selling JDT items," JFA said in its official JDT Facebook page Johor Southern Tigers today.

Tunku Mahkota Johor, Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim during his tenure as the president of JFA was reported to have said that JFA would be channelling more funds for development of football in Johor. He stepped down from the post recently. – Bernama, July 24, 2015.

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...uction-to-start-november#sthash.UerH5pKZ.dpuf

Last edited:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The FootBall Stadium for JDT @ Kota Iskandar come as a surprise to me really. Initially the Sultan and Crown Prince had wanted to build it somewhere near PTP side.

For those who don't know what is JDT, they are the hottest club in Asia right now having won Championship in the AFC ( first time in the history of South East Asia ). Singaporean Midfielder and playmaker Hariss Haron is on their player list ( sometimes as reserve ) and he is paid about S$20-$30k a month.

Johor recently had a Public Holidays because JDT won the Championship.

However, I am not sure how the match day traffic will affect those returning to Puteri Harbour! Its gota be very very crowded PH.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri Harbour is getting more and more exciting and amazing. In 2-3 years time we shall see several Skyscapers dotting the harbor and the completion of Private Marina by One 15, inclusion of Pan Pacific into the arena, completion of Convention Centre will add value to the place. Its awesome to even think of it

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the best pic

ph.jpg

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyday, PH is changing. In 3 years time the changes will be drasic. Many more skyscapers would have been completed up to level 33 and these swanky buildings are going to change the landscape of Nusajaya. Anyone entering Malaysia from Tuas will be awed by the stunning views of PH from the 2nd link bridge.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyday, PH is changing. In 3 years time the changes will be drasic. Many more skyscapers would have been completed up to level 33 and these swanky buildings are going to change the landscape of Nusajaya. Anyone entering Malaysia from Tuas will be awed by the stunning views of PH from the 2nd link bridge.

I always hold a believe that PH would replace Medini as the center of action for Nusajaya.
I think Medini is too sparse to develop fully.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Naysayers of PH suck thumbs now :wink:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stunning !

It had been envisoned as a lifestyle waterfront living. 2 years ago, there's nothing. Hello Kitty hasn't even open yet. There's no Encorp or Teega. Just Imperia,Traders and Sommet being built. And the Clubhouse serve lemonade and strictly no beers.

Fast forward to 2015. Traders had been changed to Hotel Jen, Sommerset opened, Imperia handed over. Teega is almost TOP and Encorp is 50% up. Almas, Pinetree, Puteri Cove, Southern Marina all had their basements and first few floors added to them. Restaurants, Pubs, Shops all opened. Weekends full of crowds all cheering for their fav. football teams.

Say what you like about over supplies and downturn. Puteri Harbour will still be Puteri Harbour. It is very very different from anywhere else in JB.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When everything is done in 25 years then slam the naysayers, no point having a glitzy gleaming ghost town, the place must be filled with people and that is the biggest question mark.

Puteri Harbour do not need crowds and over packed restaurants. If it is, then the concept of PH is lost forever.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri Harbour do not need crowds and over packed restaurants. If it is, then the concept of PH is lost forever.

Then it better be able to be vibrant and able to sustain without the people. Anyway that is never going to happen with a few hundreds of thousands of condos empty.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental is still falling in SG, so there will be direct competition from SG for rental. A 2-bedder can be rented from SGD $3k in SG, so the rental of this type in Puteri Harbour and Medini could be from SGD $1.5k to be attractive. Any higher is challenging. It is better for an area to be vibrant to sustain the F&B, retail and theme parks, and this will support higher rental.