• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

Another question.

I would like to hear your professional opinion which of the 2 units below would be easier to rent out in terms of location, tenant market, and also assuming minimum just to cover monthly loan + maintenance for 1st 2 years.

1) a Grand Medini unit 517 sq ft (no bedroom) , TOP 2017
2) a Iskandar Residence unit 633 sq ft (1 bedroom), TOP 2018

Thanks.

There is no rental market there now.... coz no unit completed. Nearest comparison now is Bukit indah or East Ledang condo. Can look up in prop guru abt rental and drawn ur own conclusion. Now 1 rm abt 2k at current market. Your mileage may vary based on many circumstances. Safest to buy for own stay

Cretan

Was there 29 Oct last week, Imperia both towers reach top already. Encorp still car park level, don't know why. Overall public marina very well maintained, spoilt walk paths are patched back and seats are now covered with thick paint that doesn't fade easily. The wooden benches also well maintained and was not fading in colour.

This is very important for the area to be successful. Only issue I see is the open car park area of Hello Kitty and Traders hotel, in very bad state, much worse than my last trip there few months back. The pavements and roads are full of pot holes, making the area very cheap. However, think they didn't bother to maintain because of the construction trucks in and out BUT they must maintain properly if they want the area to be GEM OF PUTERI HARBOUR. Having such a badly maintained open space will not be good for the area.

Finally, as usual dined at Brussels cafe, this time burger is back to good in terms of taste and size, happy with the service and noticed most restaurants are quite packed for a weekday rainy evening. Also, all the open space car park almost full.

I went to traders recently too. Imperia does look like it is progressing well, but encorp seems to have stalled? Doesn't appear to have made any progress since I was last there a few months ago.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was pleasantly surprised to hear from my various agents ( real ones not those bogus agents ) who told me the market rate for condos is easily RM 2000-RM 4000 for budget type.. I seriously dint know there is such a huge demand for condos.

Somehow I guess swimming pools, security and ease of maintainance make many condo residents choose to stay in apartments rather than landed houses.

There is no rental market there now.... coz no unit completed. Nearest comparison now is Bukit indah or East Ledang condo. Can look up in prop guru abt rental and drawn ur own conclusion. Now 1 rm abt 2k at current market. Your mileage may vary based on many circumstances. Safest to buy for own stay

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was pleasantly surprised to hear from my various agents ( real ones not those bogus agents ) who told me the market rate for condos is easily RM 2000-RM 4000 for budget type.. I seriously dint know there is such a huge demand for condos.

Somehow I guess swimming pools, security and ease of maintainance make many condo residents choose to stay in apartments rather than landed houses.

Not to forget there are no Mozzies and other bugs high up in the condo, and cooler in the afternoon too. And with a view. I stayed in a JB landed for a few days when I was young and I had to kill at least 10 mosquitoes every night trying to suck me dry. No air con back then though. Air con can solve most of the problems nowadays.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you are in your fifties, the last thing you want is a 7 room landed. Your aging bones would not able to withstand the torture of being a house slave.You have no time to clean the lizard shits or mop the floor. Gated and guarded landed may sound great but security is only 80% at the most. Big houses are great for grandchildren to come around but it only happen a few times a year.

Condos is different. It is about average 900 to 1400 sq ft and easy to clean. Kids won't stay with you and in the end, it is just the old folks around. Afterall, you pay maint. fees and someone will clean anything outside your unit for you. Just bang the front door and you don't have to worry about anything when going on holiday. High end condos will be the trend of the future.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are in your fifties, the last thing you want is a 7 room landed. Your aging bones would not able to withstand the torture of being a house slave.You have no time to clean the lizard shits or mop the floor. Gated and guarded landed may sound great but security is only 80% at the most. Big houses are great for grandchildren to come around but it only happen a few times a year.

Condos is different. It is about average 900 to 1400 sq ft and easy to clean. Kids won't stay with you and in the end, it is just the old folks around. Afterall, you pay maint. fees and someone will clean anything outside your unit for you. Just bang the front door and you don't have to worry about anything when going on holiday. High end condos will be the trend of the future.

I do agree. High end condos are also usually bought by foreigners who value security more as they are new to the place so won't want to take too much risks. Singaporeans retirees will also likely form a substantial part of these foreign buyers and they are used to high rise living.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those interested, a few selected returned Teega units are available from 800 psf to 1050 psf. Please check directly with the sales office at Puteri Harbour Marina.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spent about RM 100-RM 200 every month buying mozzie repellent. those burn ones and power supply ones.. and also lizard traps in the past. Its quite financial draining. Imagine coming home every evening you see 3-4 lizards struck in the trap.. and when u want to throw them away, the rubbish truck comes once every 1-2 weeks so that dead lizards are with u for another 1-2 weeks. On average I caught 50 lizards a month using the traps and after a few months I realise the population is ever increase so I don't bother at all.

Not to forget there are no Mozzies and other bugs high up in the condo, and cooler in the afternoon too. And with a view. I stayed in a JB landed for a few days when I was young and I had to kill at least 10 mosquitoes every night trying to suck me dry. No air con back then though. Air con can solve most of the problems nowadays.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
once i asked a neighbour who bought a huge semi for half a mil at mutiara rini and i curiously asked him why he didnt choose puteri harbour. he only say its expensive. so i believe all ph owners can buy a semi anytime but for obvious reasons like some of you guys have said.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spent about RM 100-RM 200 every month buying mozzie repellent. those burn ones and power supply ones.. and also lizard traps in the past. Its quite financial draining. Imagine coming home every evening you see 3-4 lizards struck in the trap.. and when u want to throw them away, the rubbish truck comes once every 1-2 weeks so that dead lizards are with u for another 1-2 weeks. On average I caught 50 lizards a month using the traps and after a few months I realise the population is ever increase so I don't bother at all.

Food chain in your house: man (prey) -> mosquitoes (predator and prey) -> lizards (apex predator).

Your blood must be very delicious. You drink bird's nest and cordyceps every day right?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess when you just move into new neighborhood where half the houses belong to Singaporeans who don't return only during weekends, you will be main targets for lizards or mozzies.

Food chain in your house: man (prey) -> mosquitoes (predator and prey) -> lizards (apex predator).

Your blood must be very delicious. You drink bird's nest and cordyceps every day right?

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the next door development, Encorp Marina? Which floor?

20141106_162730.jpg

Hi DCputeri,
attach is the Imperia photo. It is raining today, so taking this pic from Puteri Cove showflat.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe possible. But owners at imperia will face two construction site for as least 3-4years with Encorp Marina for 2years and 4year from the Wave.

I doubt that. Even if they miraculously complete the facade and the internal finishings in 4 and half months to the end of Q1, they will not get instant CFO. This is a Class A building and the approval process from authorities is much more complicated, and this is as per UEM Sales. Realistically speaking, they would do well if they handover by the end of Q3.

Ya, there will be construction sites, such will be the state of Puteri Harbour for quite some time. There is Almas as well, and that will go on for a while. On the positive side, this will be the only high rise completed in PH for quite some time, there will be some great view of the marina and straits from some of the units and I look forward to it .... :smile:

Last edited: