• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

just saw your post.

What do you mean by 'property with tie-ups'?

Pls explain.

Thanks.

Hi, I would advise you to go for a property with tie-ups, uniquely available in Malaysia. U still get the freehold title plus the added value management. You dun have to worry abt tenancy for 5-10 years, so it is good for holding out while the supply get absorbed and also wait out bank penalties, RPGT or market corrections. One such goood example is Somerset Puteri Harbour. There are also such projects elsewhere in Malaysia.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
For reputable serviced operators like Somerset & Fraser,
they dun own all their existing operations. Some projects
are owned enbloc by funds, while they manage, some cases
are even owned by strata owners. Its a hospitality partnership.

Hi,

just saw your post.

What do you mean by 'property with tie-ups'?

Pls explain.

Thanks.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont know if any of you have seen this emerald bay video but it could be an old one as the surrounding ph existing buildings are not properly featured but still EB looks stunning!

View attachment 17623
[video=youtube;nZ_UMvQ4a0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ_UMvQ4a0Q[/video]

The price is also stunning for those bone-eaters. They opened up the most value for money ( with yatch berthing at the back of the banglo ) for their own kind at very cheap cost.. then split out the bones and ask their salesgers to call up suckers like me to buy those remaining without any views or facilities at a much more expensive rate PSF.

I suppose all Malaysian developers got this practice over there. I dont mind if you open up to your management team but this developer is too much

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, not to mention a MYR100k booking fee

The price is also stunning for those bone-eaters. They opened up the most value for money ( with yatch berthing at the back of the banglo ) for their own kind at very cheap cost.. then split out the bones and ask their salesgers to call up suckers like me to buy those remaining without any views or facilities at a much more expensive rate PSF.

I suppose all Malaysian developers got this practice over there. I dont mind if you open up to your management team but this developer is too much

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've to agree on the comments on emerald bay.
It's beautiful but it's an insider's play.
Outsiders are there to make up the numbers.
Don't be suckered.
BRDB knows that they have a premium product . They also know how to play and price it.

Just be careful

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've to agree on the comments on emerald bay.
It's beautiful but it's an insider's play.
Outsiders are there to make up the numbers.
Don't be suckered.
BRDB knows that they have a premium product . They also know how to play and price it.

Just be careful

True true. Even if you have the budget, go for the best one that really interest you. Don't make up the numbers.
Anyway, BRDB is not bothered to push sales for this EB project. They already had the exclusive buyers.

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is a cronies land. This project - emerald bay is very expensive, unless u know someone inside and given VVIP treatment and preview price, may not be worth it to get trapped

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. But at least it sets a fantastic benchmark on the building standards in Johor.
Johor sorely needs something like this.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is a cronies land. This project - emerald bay is very expensive, unless u know someone inside and given VVIP treatment and preview price, may not be worth it to get trapped

Investments need to have access to privy information and first hand contact to reap maximum returns. If one does not want to be a crony or at least linked to be one, it is better to put its money under the pillows. My take is if you want to be fair and honest in this world of capitalism, I would rather take my money elsewhere. Just my opinion. :biggrin: :biggrin:

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just keep money under pillow and wait for sg market to drop. Its already dropping, not sure how low before the market stabilise.
Could be few more years......

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Straits View Looks like a normal development but the pricing from the first launch to the last phase is almost double. And there was not much difference if terms of design or build quality.
Really tough if you had bought at the the later stages.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody know what is this development? Is at which part of PH?

PH_sw2 (1).jpg

http://www.pab.com.my/

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BARU: Johor has finalised the track alignment of the high-speed rail link project connecting Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

State Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Committee chairman Datuk Hasni Mohammad told the New Straits Times that the track would run on the western side of the North-South Expressway whereas KTM Berhad’s track would run on
the eastern side of the expressway.

He said in Johor, the transit stations would be located between Sungai Mati and Bukit Pasir in Muar, Ayer Hitam in Batu Pahat and Nusajaya in Iskandar Malaysia before running across the Johor Straits through the Second Link to Singapore.

The Nusajaya stop, Hasni added, was quite close to the Second Link Expressway in Tanjung Kupang, enabling the track to run parallel with the Second Link when crossing over the straits into the city-state.

“The track alignment is expected to be the main agenda to be discussed during the 11th Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee meeting to be held next month.”

Hasni said the Transport Ministry had already completed its final stage of discussion with stakeholders in Johor, such as the land office, local authorities and district offices, as well as non-governmental organisations.

“One will notice that the track will avoid passing by big cities in Johor. However, all stations would have feeder buses to the nearest cities or towns.

“We will try to avoid passing by private land to minimise land acquisitions.

“At the Nusajaya station, it will be linked to the central business district in Johor Baru and vice versa by transit coaches and existing public transport.”

Hasni said it had not been decided whether there would be direct service between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong jointly announced the 330km project in February last year, which is set to change the land transportation landscape between the two capital cities.

According to transport industry players, the project is expected to affect the shuttle flight service between Changi Airport and the Kuala Lumpur International Airport or Klia2, depending on its fare structure.

This is in view that it may be faster to travel between the two cities by high-speed rail, taking into consideration the time it takes to travel to the airport, the wait before the flight, as well as flight times.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/45268?m=1