• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I missed the Sunway @ Ipoh development some years back because its 99 years leasehold. Before I knew it, the development was up and running and RM 300psf bungalows suddenly shoot up to RM 800psf.

I realise 99 years lease in Malaysia doesn't really mean its condemned. And I realise Malaysia properties prices can shoot up even without Singapore dollars flooding in.

Sunway SPK Damansara and 3 Harmoni are selling at RM700psf, KL address and free hold, who the hell will buy in Ipoh??

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Sunway township similar to Country Garden township? I haven't gone through Country Gardens map.

Or there are differences?

I hate the idea of having 10-12 condos in a township concept like the Chinese eg. Princess Cove. Takes away the beauty of having just 3-4 blocks of condo. No difference from living in HDB estates.

They no need to see so many.
Just wait till Sunway Iskander is fully up can already. Wonder what will they think as township living is a very new concept for many Singaporeans? Condos, landed, clubhouse, offices, hotels, Sunway medical, Sunway college, Monash U, Sunway theme park, shopping centres with hypermart, pubs, beach, river, lakes....etc. all at their doorsteps. Also 5 mins from 2nd link. And I believe many Malaysians have quite a good impression of Sunway.

Price of RM600-700psf for this upcoming Citrine apt pre-launch next week, although lease is 129yrs, quite tempting. About S$260k for 1087sf 2 bedder after discount.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Sunway township similar to Country Garden township? I haven't gone through Country Gardens map.

I hate the idea of having 10-12 condos in a township concept like the Chinese eg. Princess Cove. Takes away the beauty of having just 3-4 blocks of condo. No difference from living in HDB estates.

http://www.sunwayiskandar.com/

Cannot support those Chinese developers. Otherwise many, many more will continue to come in to super flood the property mkt here without any consideration.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yea I read about the Haven in Ipoh before...looks very very nice...

Those who bought early are primed for a big profit if they sell...

Seems like in property, the early bird catches the worm and the late birds got to wait for a major correction huh!!??

In Ipoh I am talking about landed houses.. Don't think there are any condos by Sunway in Ipoh but got one Haven which was selling at RM300psf also and now at least RM 800-1000psf

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Ipoh I am talking about landed houses.. Don't think there are any condos by Sunway in Ipoh but got one Haven which was selling at RM300psf also and now at least RM 800-1000psf

Thats true; I was about to buy Haven when the price quickly rise until I backed out at 700 psf. It kept going up and I heard its one of the best place to stay in Malaysia.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal

The issue is also the built quality; Country Garden design is very much basic HDB and R&F is better like the Design and Build HDB. Why pay RM1200+ psf (partial sea view) to live in dense high rise (heard R&F higher density than Country), both look similar to those high dense development in HK, which is quite a turn off especially if not maintained well. Might as well buy Woodlands HDB. Those 700 to 800 psf above are big units ~1300 sqft no view but not available already.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. A good condo design ideally should have just 2-4 blocks, not dense high rise buildings like HDB estates. Otherwise, what's the point.

HDB estates such as Choa Chu Kang is near Choa Chu Kang sports complex with spas, wave pool, sliding pool, kid's pool, Olympic pool. And amenities such as basketball court, badminton court, table tennis room, food courts, shopping mall, schools all readily available. The facilities in a HDB estate are formidable, only without the prestige and private living of a condo.

Condo owners mostly want the privacy. I get turned off by Princess Cove concept. Maybe the Chinese has 1.3 billion population, so everything think BIG. Their townships also think big. Not to mention many of their 'townships' in China are ghost towns. A city meant for 1 million people now only has 20,000 living in it.

The Sultan is kinda stupid and greedy, screwing up the whole property market. Where the hell is the demand for all these upcoming condos? And land reclamation without asking Singapore? Wow, genius.

Maybe he should just F***ing step down? Let the people elect a new sultan.

The issue is also the built quality; Country Garden design is very much basic HDB and R&F is better like the Design and Build HDB. Why pay RM1200+ psf (partial sea view) to live in dense high rise (heard R&F higher density than Country), both look similar to those high dense development in HK, which is quite a turn off especially if not maintained well. Might as well buy Woodlands HDB. Those 700 to 800 psf above are big units ~1300 sqft no view but not available already.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sultan has also has a large share in the reclaimed land (Forest ..) off 2nd link.
Agreed. A good condo design ideally should have just 2-4 blocks, not dense high rise buildings like HDB estates. Otherwise, what's the point.

HDB estates such as Choa Chu Kang is near Choa Chu Kang sports complex with spas, wave pool, sliding pool, kid's pool, Olympic pool. And amenities such as basketball court, badminton court, table tennis room, food courts, shopping mall, schools all readily available. The facilities in a HDB estate are formidable, only without the prestige and private living of a condo.

Condo owners mostly want the privacy. I get turned off by Princess Cove concept. Maybe the Chinese has 1.3 billion population, so everything think BIG. Their townships also think big. Not to mention many of their 'townships' in China are ghost towns. A city meant for 1 million people now only has 20,000 living in it.

The Sultan is kinda stupid and greedy, screwing up the whole property market. Where the hell is the demand for all these upcoming condos? And land reclamation without asking Singapore? Wow, genius.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal

this sultan is never for the state or people.
he is just living and behaving as if he rules johore and someone told me he wants to be the riches sultan ever. everyone in the govt dares not even discuss with him how things should be done properly and orderly. this hassle will always be around btwn the state and the sultan unless someone like the mad man comes around.

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats true; I was about to buy Haven when the price quickly rise until I backed out at 700 psf. It kept going up and I heard its one of the best place to stay in Malaysia.

From what I know, only orang kampung will buy in Ipoh, cannot even find a proper shopping mall there. The best place to stay in Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur Embassy row, Kenny Hills, Damansara Height or Desa Park City.

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Uncle, the Sultan and most rich people are smart, only the cheapskate normal people like you and me are stupid. The Sultan sold the land at high price to Chinese developers, the Chinese developers build and sell condos at very high price to the normal people, the normal people buy condos at very high price and get bankrupt when property bubble bursts. So who is the stupid one?

Just ask yourself, if someone wants to buy your Proton Wira at RM 1 million, will you sell it? Are you stupid and greedy in that case?

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I visited Ipon Sunway, I was amazed by the roaring of supercar engines during the weekends. Seem many rich Malaysian has 2nd homes facing the million year olds quarries and lakes. I cant rem if there are any shopping malls but from what I see it is not so rowdy like JB nor urbanized by KL.

And Ipoh girls they say are very pretty although I think they looked normal. Maybe the young girls all left for cities to find work.

From what I know, only orang kampung will buy in Ipoh, cannot even find a proper shopping mall there. The best place to stay in Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur Embassy row, Kenny Hills, Damansara Height or Desa Park City.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I visited Ipon Sunway, I was amazed by the roaring of supercar engines during the weekends. Seem many rich Malaysian has 2nd homes facing the million year olds quarries and lakes. I cant rem if there are any shopping malls but from what I see it is not so rowdy like JB nor urbanized by KL.

And Ipoh girls they say are very pretty although I think they looked normal. Maybe the young girls all left for cities to find work.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alas, with all the Sultan's riches, can he bring to his grave when he dies?

He wants to be the richest sultan in JB? gimme a farking break man.

You can and may burn lots of paper money for him, when he goes.

Nah, the sultan is a dumbass, aint smart at all. If he's smart, he would have figured out long ago that he aint bringing his gains to his grave when he goes.

Uncle, the Sultan and most rich people are smart, only the cheapskate normal people like you and me are stupid. The Sultan sold the land at high price to Chinese developers, the Chinese developers build and sell condos at very high price to the normal people, the normal people buy condos at very high price and get bankrupt when property bubble bursts. So who is the stupid one?

Just ask yourself, if someone wants to buy your Proton Wira at RM 1 million, will you sell it? Are you stupid and greedy in that case?

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
And btw,

you can be cheapskate and buy condos at RM1000 psf for all you want. But I aint taking the bait and aint cheapskate like you.

So watch what you say, son.

End of conversation.

Alas, with all the Sultan's riches, can he bring to his grave when he dies?

He wants to be the richest sultan in JB? gimme a farking break man.

You can and may burn lots of paper money for him, when he goes.

Nah, the sultan is a dumbass, aint smart at all. If he's smart, he would have figured out long ago that he aint bringing his gains to his grave when he goes.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry hor, normal people don't have the money to buy high end condos.

Only rich people have the cash to burn.

I'm sure sg ministers won't mind plowing RM1500 psf into a few condo units.

Get your facts right.

I think I'm in the wrong thread here. Nothing to see here anymore.

Won't be reading and returning to this thread.

You take care, cheapskate.

Calling ppl cheapskate isn't exactly smart. Oh I forgot, only the Sultan is smart and the rest are dumbasses.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunway SPK Damansara and 3 Harmoni are selling at RM700psf, KL address and free hold, who the hell will buy in Ipoh??

Whenever the Ipoh property developers were in Singapore for property shows, road shows, promotions, all the Singaporean prospective buyers also tell them the same thing---- who the Hell will buy Ipoh?

Singaporeans need better reasons to buy a Property. You have a big huge Lake in front of the condo is not enough reason. For example, Singaporean has a K.L. girlfriend ---- like this, he is very likely to buy a K.L. property.