• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everybody,

Every time there is renewed talk about big things like HSR, I go here to check if they have done the small things...

So, one year after it was first supposed to commence, does anybody know if there is any ferry service between Singapore and PH?

If both countries can't even do that after talking for so long, makes me very skeptical of bigger talk.

There's no problems with Malaysia side as the ferry to Indonesia is running since last year. Therefore the CIQ is fully operational.

I sense there will be a time where things will become so frustrated that Malaysia will just let go of the whole connectivity. The euphoria of this project is just not there anymore. If I am not wrong, there's once some talk that the HSR will end at Nusajaya. And I think if Malaysia has the funds or China is willing to practise chequebook diplomacy just like it did in Indonesia, Malaysia will proceed with or without Singapore.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everybody,

Every time there is renewed talk about big things like HSR, I go here to check if they have done the small things...

So, one year after it was first supposed to commence, does anybody know if there is any ferry service between Singapore and PH?

If both countries can't even do that after talking for so long, makes me very skeptical of bigger talk.

Aiyo , they can even bother with the Causeway and Tuas links , most of the time operating at 1/3 strength. They have being saying of installing more counters over the years or so . If it takes years to have more counters , how long it will take to built HSR ?

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo , they can even bother with the Causeway and Tuas links , most of the time operating at 1/3 strength. They have being saying of installing more counters over the years or so . If it takes years to have more counters , how long it will take to built HSR ?

I'm not talking about the HSR. I'm just talking about the ferry service between PH and Singapore (Harbour Front?) Is it operating already?

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no problems with Malaysia side as the ferry to Indonesia is running since last year. Therefore the CIQ is fully operational.

I sense there will be a time where things will become so frustrated that Malaysia will just let go of the whole connectivity. The euphoria of this project is just not there anymore. If I am not wrong, there's once some talk that the HSR will end at Nusajaya. And I think if Malaysia has the funds or China is willing to practise chequebook diplomacy just like it did in Indonesia, Malaysia will proceed with or without Singapore.

Hmmm....

So your opinion is that it is the Singapore side which is causing problems? Hmmm.... Possible, possible... Economy slowing, domestic consumption low... Dowan further slippage to Malaysia?

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everybody,

We seem to visit this every few months, yes there may be issues between the gov but for the most part it is economics, no one lives in PH yet so there will not be a large enough market to make this viable yet. Which comes first chicken or the egg, do we need a ferry to make rentals more attractive or do we need more rentals to make the ferry viable. I am sure it will hit critical mass by the time Teega is occupied and the green line extension is complete to Tuas Second link boarder crossing there will be a ferry as well as other entrepreneurs figuring out shuttles and other forms of transport for those residing in Nusajya but working in Singapore. And we can only hope by then Singapore changes the law for top speed in the Straights and we can get both a ferry to the green line extension at Second link as well as a fast ferry to Harbourfront to Purple line.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suspect Singapore wouldn't be too keen with hsr connectivity with Malaysia and rest of one belt one road project since the benefits for Singapore are not overwhelming. Singapore's air and sea transport industries are important components of Singapore's economy and future. As far as calculation goes, how much foreseeable revenue could singapore derives out of hsr fairs are not at all attractive at the moment. It is possible for Singapore to charge full fair for an air journey between Singapore and a malaysian destination while in hsr, how big a portion of the full fair could be shared by Singapore, considering the fact that the overwhelming part of the rail would be in Malaysia?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect Singapore wouldn't be too keen with hsr connectivity with Malaysia and rest of one belt one road project since the benefits for Singapore are not overwhelming. Singapore's air and sea transport industries are important components of Singapore's economy and future. As far as calculation goes, how much foreseeable revenue could singapore derives out of hsr fairs are not at all attractive at the moment. It is possible for Singapore to charge full fair for an air journey between Singapore and a malaysian destination while in hsr, how big a portion of the full fair could be shared by Singapore, considering the fact that the overwhelming part of the rail would be in Malaysia?

Precisely. The notion of the last stop in Nuasajaya may happen afterall.

That's why I would not put too much weight on the connectivity. Just take it as it is today and you won't be too disappointed. If there's additional traffic, let the solutions present itself naturally. Who knows, the next PM of both countries would have second tots?

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is set back if your purchase of a unit at ph is for investment only, for switching residence eg working in spore and travel back to ph. but if yours is like mine, to stay there and to travel from there to other parts of msia and occassionally to return to spore if good traffic then you probably wont have any issue. i already am looking around for a used bmw in msia and planning with my aged friends to frequent genting. of course its an advantage if causeway trafic is smooth and ferry service and hsr and rtl all come into place. so if you are like me just be ready to enjoy it.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is set back if your purchase of a unit at ph is for investment only, for switching residence eg working in spore and travel back to ph. but if yours is like mine, to stay there and to travel from there to other parts of msia and occassionally to return to spore if good traffic then you probably wont have any issue. i already am looking around for a used bmw in msia and planning with my aged friends to frequent genting. of course its an advantage if causeway trafic is smooth and ferry service and hsr and rtl all come into place. so if you are like me just be ready to enjoy it.

Sounds familiar ☺ No pressure at all. Why stress on what the governments will do? We buy PH to enjoy our life.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite right on this. In fact I am seeing more and more residents of Nusajaya not entering Singapore at all as their job is either work from home or they work in Malaysia.

Gone are those days when Iskandar economy almost depend on Singapore economy solely. Chatted with my agents over the Friday night and realise more and more tenants are viewing condos and they don't enter Singapore at all as they either study or work in Malaysia.

It can only get better regardless of what the press paint.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard its RM 2.95 already.. anyone wanna verify? This happens before MAS announce the change in monetary policy. I suppose ringgit will appreciate more come Nov or Dec 15 when they officially announce the changes in policy stance. Probably to RM 2.80 and if oil prices shoot up, RM 2.50 might be very possible

For those who dint convert your fortunes to ringgit at RM 3.10, you should shoot yourself.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard its RM 2.95 already.. anyone wanna verify? This happens before MAS announce the change in monetary policy. I suppose ringgit will appreciate more come Nov or Dec 15 when they officially announce the changes in policy stance. Probably to RM 2.80 and if oil prices shoot up, RM 2.50 might be very possible

For those who dint convert your fortunes to ringgit at RM 3.10, you should shoot yourself.

in a sense its a missed chance but for me i had little choice because my bigger sums will only come in next year so i hope it hovers around 2.9 up. if it goes down to 2.5, #@&%?"!

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who have not changed, don't worry. Why hold on to a depreciating currency when you don't need it immediately?

The last time when RM hit 2.72,then dropped back to 2.65, some said, Aiyah, I should have changed when it was above 2.70. Then not long after, it went from 2.65 to 2.75, people went to change more, thinking that's the peak. But it went past 2.8. WOW.. Change change quickly! But what happened after that... we all know. :smile: 2.85, 2.9, 2.95, then 3. Ok... MUST CHANGE!!! I won't miss it this time! Change S$50k! It's as high as it can possibly go. Then what next? 3.10! So those who changed a lot at 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, you can calculate how much you've lost just on the depreciating currency.

There will be a chance for RM to depreciate further. The fundamentals are not sound. If not the next few months, perhaps in the next 1 year or so.

Just because RM got stronger recently cannot be taken to mean it will continue becoming stronger. Do not speculate. That's risky. Why RM2.5? Is there a strong signal oil prices will be back to the previous prices?

Be cautious how you interpret this whole currency exchange thing.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Masterpiece on Economics.

One day a tourist comes to the only hotel in a debt ridden town in Kenya. He lays a 100 dollar note on the table & goes to inspect the rooms. Hotel owner takes the note & rushes to pay his debt to the butcher. Butcher runs to pay the pig farmer. Pig farmer runs to pay the feed supplier. Supplier runs to pay the prostitute, who in these hard times gave her services on credit. Prostitute then runs to pay off her debt to the hotel owner for the rooms she rented for her clients. Hotel owner then lays the 100 dollar note back on the counter. The tourist comes down, takes his money & leaves as he did not like the rooms.
No one earned anything. But that group of people is now without debt & looks to the future with a lot of optimism.

And that is how1MDB is doing business.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor. Its like when Bungalows were RM 1.5 million in Nusajaya.. Some smart " investors" say overpriced. Went up to RM 2m still say overpriced. Some bungalows are selling for RM 6 million after the price rebates and corrections and these same chaps are saying overpriced. I came to realise these are very shrewd "investors" as they never lose money. ( and they never earn of course )

It all depends on yourself when and how much you need ringgit

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with the premise that the ringgit is fundamentalLy weak and the current respite is more of market anticipating that the sing dollar will weaken instead of the ringgit strengthening.

The debt load of the Malaysian economy is pretty huge regardless of what Zeti says about the Malaysian fundamentals

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with the premise that the ringgit is fundamentalLy weak and the current respite is more of market anticipating that the sing dollar will weaken instead of the ringgit strengthening.

The debt load of the Malaysian economy is pretty huge regardless of what Zeti says about the Malaysian fundamentals

So what you are saying is like not saying anything. Singapore dollar weaken or RM strengthen is the same, even if RM remain weak but Singapore dollar is devalued is the same thing and all now points at MAS purposely devaluing Singapore dollar.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what you are saying is like not saying anything. Singapore dollar weaken or RM strengthen is the same, even if RM remain weak but Singapore dollar is devalued is the same thing and all now points at MAS purposely devaluing Singapore dollar.

The banking circles had predicted MAS will devalue by small percentage many months ago to ensure it remained competitive. It will stay at the lower limit of its stable outlook of its portfolio. However against RM whose fluctuations is very big, therefore S$ is still a safe currency.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The banking circles had predicted MAS will devalue by small percentage many months ago to ensure it remained competitive. It will stay at the lower limit of its stable outlook of its portfolio. However against RM whose fluctuations is very big, therefore S$ is still a safe currency.

Yes agree, so the good old days of a unrelenting slide of the RM are numbered, and we cannot expect any more big slides. We will probably be stable at under RM3 to 1SGD.