• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If army camps are to remain, but the only military training ground is Pulau Tekong, does that make sense to you? Anyway, time will tell who's right. For the benefit of those unaware, the gate of Sungei Gedong camp opens directly to Area D.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The camps can stay for as long as they like. The main complaint is the live firing exercises anyway. They can build 50 camps in Tengah so long that there is no live firing, I am ok
Well its a fact that 15 years time there wont be live firing in Tengah anyway but camps might stay even though 2 big camps are absent from the maps

If army camps are to remain, but the only military training ground is Pulau Tekong, does that make sense to you? Anyway, time will tell who's right. For the benefit of those unaware, the gate of Sungei Gedong camp opens directly to Area D.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone heard about the phase 2 launch for Pinetree Residences & Puteri Cove? Someone told me the price has gone up again to about RM1,500 psf! Whereas next door Medini is selling at less than half the price from only RM700 psf (according to the Iskandar Residences Medini website)

With Sunway Medini coming in soon, I think more people looking for better value for money will start to choose Medini over Puteri Harbour. Any thoughts?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different target market.

I suspect Medini was carved out and created solely for Singapore. It is one big retirement village (as I have said many times before).

PH is targeted towards a more affluent crowd. For ppl who wants a higher quality lifestyle. That's why there is a Traders Hotel.

That being said, this is still Malaysia. Actual realities may differ greatly from the original ideas.

Anyone heard about the phase 2 launch for Pinetree Residences & Puteri Cove? Someone told me the price has gone up again to about RM1,500 psf! Whereas next door Medini is selling at less than half the price from only RM700 psf (according to the Iskandar Residences Medini website)

With Sunway Medini coming in soon, I think more people looking for better value for money will start to choose Medini over Puteri Harbour. Any thoughts?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini is not freehold. Sporeans are very practical. Unless the developers of these leasehold residences gave more freebies and sell houses with 5-star finishing and half the price of freehold, I will buy it.

By the way the cheapest of Puteri Cove (lowest floor viewless ) is about RM 1100 + and Medini is RM 700+ psf. Lets not compare the most expensive PSF with wonderful views of Puteri Cove and lowest floor of Medini here.

Sunway has just contacted me regarding offices for sale at just RM 700+ psf which might be tempting to investors as we are not subject to 70% loan but up to 85%. Its tempting when the salesger said they would lease back from us.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not? There are countless army camps around Pasir Ris, Sembawang, Changi etc which are not military training ground. Have you seen Guardsmen having live firing exercises and bombing along Sembawang Road?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will not buy even at half the price given Malaysia has so much FH land. How to compete with the others when it depreciates. Can consider with 70% discount.
Medini is not freehold. Sporeans are very practical. Unless the developers of these leasehold residences gave more freebies and sell houses with 5-star finishing and half the price of freehold, I will buy it.

By the way the cheapest of Puteri Cove (lowest floor viewless ) is about RM 1100 + and Medini is RM 700+ psf. Lets not compare the most expensive PSF with wonderful views of Puteri Cove and lowest floor of Medini here.

Sunway has just contacted me regarding offices for sale at just RM 700+ psf which might be tempting to investors as we are not subject to 70% loan but up to 85%. Its tempting when the salesger said they would lease back from us.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

the offices may be worth it.. if they build up the population there within the next few years. btw topping up of lease in malaysia may be a lot easier than in singapore, just pay money.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will not buy even at half the price given Malaysia has so much FH land. How to compete with the others when it depreciates. Can consider with 70% discount.

again, depend on one's view. LH is cheaper, so rental yield will be better, can get positive gearing and so on.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today newspaper, puteri cove puts up a 2 full page colour ads and there is one articles write up on this launch. Strong marketing to generate wide interest especially in a Singapore newspaper as there are also many rich foreigners to target at.

Biggest group of interested parties are Singaporeans at 60% followed by Malaysians and other nationalities.

Over 700 have registered for the 400 units.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today newspaper, puteri cove puts up a 2 full page colour ads and there is one articles write up on this launch. Strong marketing to generate wide interest especially in a Singapore newspaper as there are also many rich foreigners to target at.

Biggest group of interested parties are Singaporeans at 60% followed by Malaysians and other nationalities.

690 sft apartment start from 850k RM?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Location is the best in Puteri Harbour so far. I am not surprised at the number of cheques given for booking. Its just S$500+ PSF, Freehold living by the marina and panoramic view of Singapore for most sea-facing units as Tengah is nothing but bare land.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah the new Sunway office launch is just 500m away from the seaside. I was thinking of buying a couple of units and just put there for 20 years wait for entire Gerbang to be developed or just rent out cheaply. After all its gota be high-end offices, not those shophouses businesses like those u find in Tun Aminah or Bukit Indah.

Its free from govt curbs and no RPGT. Can take up to 85% loan even if you have 10 existing residential properties.

Really tempting.. hmm

the offices may be worth it.. if they build up the population there within the next few years. btw topping up of lease in malaysia may be a lot easier than in singapore, just pay money.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Location is the best in Puteri Harbour so far. I am not surprised at the number of cheques given for booking. Its just S$500+ PSF, Freehold living by the marina and panoramic view of Singapore for most sea-facing units as Tengah is nothing but bare land.

can buy bangsar new condo with that psf. :smile:

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah the new Sunway office launch is just 500m away from the seaside. I was thinking of buying a couple of units and just put there for 20 years wait for entire Gerbang to be developed or just rent out cheaply. After all its gota be high-end offices, not those shophouses businesses like those u find in Tun Aminah or Bukit Indah.

Its free from govt curbs and no RPGT. Can take up to 85% loan even if you have 10 existing residential properties.

Really tempting.. hmm

you all got a lot of moolah to throw in johor, huh? :p think it's good to diversify. try other places la. don't put all the eggs etc

Last edited: