• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any recent photos of Imperia and Encorp?

By the way, when is Somerset PH opening? Can't wait to stay there to enjoy the ambience for a few days! :smile:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any recent photos of Imperia and Encorp?

By the way, when is Somerset PH opening? Can't wait to stay there to enjoy the ambience for a few days! :smile:

Got to wait till at least 3rd quarter 2014, cos now is the stage whereby alot of detailing involved like carpentry, etc. And even after the dry run, the contractors got to keeep coming back for rectifications etc.

I cant wait to see the cashflow coming in too.... almost a year delay

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have patience ladies and gentlemen. Focus on what you are doing in Singapore and heck care about your investments up north. You wont worry so much this way cos in 5-10 years time, PH is going to be a wonderful and high class relaxation haven.

Relaxing by the marina daily is a joy, really. Nothing beats that

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
When is the legal completion? Do you know the LD rates?
Got to wait till at least 3rd quarter 2014, cos now is the stage whereby alot of detailing involved like carpentry, etc. And even after the dry run, the contractors got to keeep coming back for rectifications etc.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
sommerset feb 2014

somerset1.jpg

somerset2.jpg

sommerset4.jpg

Last edited:

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stayed at Traders hotel last year and remembered paying Rm380+ per nite. What do you envisage the room rates are gonna be like at Somerset PH? Is it fair to apply a discount rate of 30% to service apartments rental against that of a 4-star hotel? Say, approx Rm270+ per nite?

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stayed at Traders hotel last year and remembered paying Rm380+ per nite. What do you envisage the room rates are gonna be like at Somerset PH? Is it fair to apply a discount rate of 30% to service apartments rental against that of a 4-star hotel? Say, approx Rm270+ per nite?

rm270+ I'll take it any day....

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal

i see. I have received a recent progress update. electrical component and others are completed, they are still doing the internal/external wall finishing within the unit. the notice was in Mar.

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree... am looking forward to sipping a small glass of champagne while relaxing by my balcony at puteri harbour in the morning. Then take the HSR back to SG to run errands/do shopping in a matter of minutes. Quite an enticing lifestyle, I must say.

Have patience ladies and gentlemen. Focus on what you are doing in Singapore and heck care about your investments up north. You wont worry so much this way cos in 5-10 years time, PH is going to be a wonderful and high class relaxation haven.

Relaxing by the marina daily is a joy, really. Nothing beats that

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For folks who are vested in Battersea Phase 1 - Congratulations!

Phase two of the Battersea Power Station redevelopment project is being priced at a record level in London’s Nine Elms area, said media reports.

At an average psf price of £2,300 (RM12,627), the price is more than double than the first phase price of £1,100 (RM6,039) psf. Property consultancy Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward noted that it is also 176 percent higher compared to the average price of £832 (RM4,567) psf for newbuilds within the Nine Elms area.

With a gross development value of £1.6 billion (RM8.78 billion), the project’s second phase comprises 254 units and is set to be launched in London next Thursday.

Last year, phase one sold all 861 units within three weeks from launch. Meanwhile, the phase two apartments are considered “hotter property” since they are located at the heart of the power station.

Given the successful preview for said apartments, there is a strong likelihood that they will be fully snapped up “on the day of the launch itself”, noted a Battersea insider.

“The benchmark pricing set by Battersea showcases the success of a Malaysian developer. It puts Malaysia’s name among the list of premium developers such as Ballymore, Barratt Homes and the Berkeley Group in the UK,” commented one observer.

Recent preview of phase two in Singapore showed that prices for studio apartments will start from £800,000 (RM4.39 million), £1 million (RM5.49 million) for one-bedroom unit, £1.5 million (RM8.24 million) for two-bedroom unit, while three- and four-bedroom units will cost from £2.7 million (RM14.82 million) and £4 million (RM21.96 million) respectively. Penthouse prices will be upon application.

Apart from the 254 new homes, the second phase will also include 1.3 million sq ft of commercial space, including three levels of retail. It will also feature a leisure and entertainment zone, which will include cinemas, a 2,000-capacity auditorium, conference spaces, restaurants, a boutique hotel as well as offices for around 10,000 people.

Set for completion in 2022, the redevelopment of the Battersea Power Station is being undertaken by Battersea Project Holdings Co Ltd (BPHC), which is controlled by Malaysian firms Sime Darby Bhd and SP Setia Bhd, with a 40 percent stake each, as well as the Employees Provident Fund with 20 percent.

Image Source: The Star

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
For folks who are vested in Battersea Phase 1 - Congratulations!

Phase two of the Battersea Power Station redevelopment project is being priced at a record level in London’s Nine Elms area, said media reports.

At an average psf price of £2,300 (RM12,627), the price is more than double than the first phase price of £1,100 (RM6,039) psf. Property consultancy Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward noted that it is also 176 percent higher compared to the average price of £832 (RM4,567) psf for newbuilds within the Nine Elms area.

With a gross development value of £1.6 billion (RM8.78 billion), the project’s second phase comprises 254 units and is set to be launched in London next Thursday.

Last year, phase one sold all 861 units within three weeks from launch. Meanwhile, the phase two apartments are considered “hotter property” since they are located at the heart of the power station.

Given the successful preview for said apartments, there is a strong likelihood that they will be fully snapped up “on the day of the launch itself”, noted a Battersea insider.

“The benchmark pricing set by Battersea showcases the success of a Malaysian developer. It puts Malaysia’s name among the list of premium developers such as Ballymore, Barratt Homes and the Berkeley Group in the UK,” commented one observer.

Recent preview of phase two in Singapore showed that prices for studio apartments will start from £800,000 (RM4.39 million), £1 million (RM5.49 million) for one-bedroom unit, £1.5 million (RM8.24 million) for two-bedroom unit, while three- and four-bedroom units will cost from £2.7 million (RM14.82 million) and £4 million (RM21.96 million) respectively. Penthouse prices will be upon application.

Apart from the 254 new homes, the second phase will also include 1.3 million sq ft of commercial space, including three levels of retail. It will also feature a leisure and entertainment zone, which will include cinemas, a 2,000-capacity auditorium, conference spaces, restaurants, a boutique hotel as well as offices for around 10,000 people.

Set for completion in 2022, the redevelopment of the Battersea Power Station is being undertaken by Battersea Project Holdings Co Ltd (BPHC), which is controlled by Malaysian firms Sime Darby Bhd and SP Setia Bhd, with a 40 percent stake each, as well as the Employees Provident Fund with 20 percent.

Image Source: The Star

Phase 2 is special as it is inside the Power station itself, therefore fetches a premium. Expect phase 3 to be around GBP 1800 psf.
Anyway, properties in general in London had risen by about 50% over the last 6 months. Even the 31 storey Stratford Central, East London near the Olympic stadium was launched 2 days ago which is in Zone 3 London is selling for average GBP 700.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Battersea power station bedsit goes on sale for almost £1m
Homes in not-yet-converted landmark will cost up to £4m, but developers insist they want to attract owner-occupiers
Robert Booth
theguardian.com, Friday 28 March 2014 00.01 GMT

For sale: Battersea bedsit. Price: close to £1m. In the latest sign of the boiling hot London property market, two-bedroom flats in the soon-to-be-converted Battersea power station have gone on sale for more than £1.5m, three-beds for more than £2.7m and four-beds for at least £4m. The 254 homes mostly fashioned from the derelict switch houses in the converted Grade II*-listed 1930s colossus will go in sale in May with "refined industrial-authentic" designs by the architect of David Cameron's former home, Michaelis Boyd.

The developers claim they will be approximately 40% larger than the average London new-build, but with even a studio flat starting at £800,000 what London buyers can afford them? The Malaysian developers have responded to growing political concern at foreign investors snapping up British homes and leaving them empty by launching the scheme only in London "to attract owner-occupiers based in the UK or who have a commitment to the UK". Yet they admit they will not restrict purchasers, leaving the door open for agents for Hong Kong or Singapore "buy-to-leave" investors to fly in with bids. About 500 of the 866 flats being built by the same developer beside the power station were sold in east Asia.

Rob Tincknell, chief executive of the Battersea Power Station Development Company, said the latest homes had been "designed with a view to attracting owner-occupiers who want to be at the heart of the vibrant community".

The rest of the power station is to be converted into a "unique luxury retail, office and gastronomic experience" and apartments on neighbouring land will eventually create 3,400 new homes.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/mar/28/battersea-power-station-bedsit-sale

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Battersea power station bedsit goes on sale for almost £1m
Homes in not-yet-converted landmark will cost up to £4m, but developers insist they want to attract owner-occupiers
Robert Booth
theguardian.com, Friday 28 March 2014 00.01 GMT

For sale: Battersea bedsit. Price: close to £1m. In the latest sign of the boiling hot London property market, two-bedroom flats in the soon-to-be-converted Battersea power station have gone on sale for more than £1.5m, three-beds for more than £2.7m and four-beds for at least £4m. The 254 homes mostly fashioned from the derelict switch houses in the converted Grade II*-listed 1930s colossus will go in sale in May with "refined industrial-authentic" designs by the architect of David Cameron's former home, Michaelis Boyd.

The developers claim they will be approximately 40% larger than the average London new-build, but with even a studio flat starting at £800,000 what London buyers can afford them? The Malaysian developers have responded to growing political concern at foreign investors snapping up British homes and leaving them empty by launching the scheme only in London "to attract owner-occupiers based in the UK or who have a commitment to the UK". Yet they admit they will not restrict purchasers, leaving the door open for agents for Hong Kong or Singapore "buy-to-leave" investors to fly in with bids. About 500 of the 866 flats being built by the same developer beside the power station were sold in east Asia.

Rob Tincknell, chief executive of the Battersea Power Station Development Company, said the latest homes had been "designed with a view to attracting owner-occupiers who want to be at the heart of the vibrant community".

The rest of the power station is to be converted into a "unique luxury retail, office and gastronomic experience" and apartments on neighbouring land will eventually create 3,400 new homes.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/mar/28/battersea-power-station-bedsit-sale

Strange that you mentioned this... a friend of mine told me he's buying Westfield House for this reason... only 2-3 stops (I think) from Battersea and yet the 1 bedder only costs £450K vs Battersea selling at £800K! He's confident London prices will continue to go up due to supply shortage

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would use KL as comparison

PH Trader's rate and KL Trader's rate pretty close

so it is quite conservative to use Somerset Ampang's rate as comparison
cos the location of it is not as good as KL's traders

So Somerset Ampang in KL k give u a good indication, conservatively.

But I strongly believe the prices will be a premium due to lack of competition from similar products
Is it the first international serviced apartments in JB? not to sure abt tat..

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
nice field report. bro, Its been a while since I go back there... Used to work in F&B there as waiter when on a commonwealth working holiday visa when I am younger.

Left shortly after 911 incident.

During that time, it is not difficult to find a job, so much easier than finding accomodation.

I haven't been visiting the forum because

1. I have been out partying with SYTs again.
2. I just went to London.

This was a scouting trip to London to get a feel of the mkt. Although I CAN'T claim to know London well, I think Battersea at GBP1,800 psf is a bit far fetched. If GBP1,800 is the true price, then why wouldn't someone get an apartment in Zone 1 and walking distance to Bond Street?

I suspect Battersea's price is before discount, legal subsidy and whatever other freebies they can come up with. But even then, GBP1,800 really seems quite improbable. Anyway, I am just sharing. No vested interest.

However, I will share abt my experience in London. The women there are FANTASTIC! the white gals were amazing. Other than the English gals, there were also Eastern and Northern Europeans to prey on. And these gals were model quality pretty. No kidding. From the gals in the pubs to the staff in the hotels, they were smoking hot! Pretty face, big boobs, small waist. OMG! When the opportunity arise, I will try to go without the wife. Then I can let the hunter in me out.

On the economic front, London looks really really good. Streets were clean. Buses new. Lots of ppl buying. TONS of Arabs. Hotels were FULL. A lot of Singaporeans too. Unless they come out with some drastic measures, London looks like a dam good place to invest and/or live in.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange that you mentioned this... a friend of mine told me he's buying Westfield House for this reason... only 2-3 stops (I think) from Battersea and yet the 1 bedder only costs £450K vs Battersea selling at £800K! He's confident London prices will continue to go up due to supply shortage

As a general rule, properties north of river Thames and along the river banks is higher in demand.The rail infrastructure is also better developed in those areas. Properties further south is cheaper and less developed. Westfield house is in Wandsworth which is in zone 2 whereas Battersea is zone 1. The valuations is also affected by the zoning.