• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.....when we first purchased a unit. Each unit either comes with 1,2 or 3 carparks. The bigger ur unit for example penthouse, then u be alloted 3 carpark lots. There was no mention that we will be required to pay for these carpark lots as it all falls under the monthly maintenance fee that we all be required to pay after 1 year.....first year is free. Is there someone on this forum with legal knowledge that can advise owners what kind of legal recourse we can take???

Just wondering if there is any update on this topic. Has UEM responded in any manner to those that are not signing?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, the Maybank banker who gave this sort of coverage is just telling the whole world what we know. Oversupply, price drop. My 10 year old boy knows this as well.

One qn I would like to put it to her:" Seriously young girl, have you been to Iskandar before?? Do you know what is PH, Pinewood, Kota Iskandar etc. and have you seen it in your real life?"

But seriously, if that young girl had been up to PH and stayed a few days there and witnessed the void of patrons and lack of buzz and together with low occupancy in the whole neighbourhood, she may write an even grimmer report.
But then again, Maybank's report is really not something new, so far in the 6 to 8 months all reports (some which I have also posted here) were negative on the prospect on property market in Iskandar.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
But seriously, if that young girl had been up to PH and stayed a few days there and witnessed the void of patrons and lack of buzz and together with low occupancy in the whole neighbourhood, she may write an even grimmer report.
But then again, Maybank's report is really not something new, so far in the 6 to 8 months all reports (some which I have also posted here) were negative on the prospect on property market in Iskandar.

Low occupancy? For what? You mean Traders Hotel (sorry Hotel Jen) or Somerset Serviced Residences? None of the condos launched so far are ready for occupancy to my knowledge.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering if there is any update on this topic. Has UEM responded in any manner to those that are not signing?

No update from UEM's lawyer leh, since I last met them about a month ago and did not sign. Maybe they have yet to meet all the buyers first before deciding on anything, like some compensation?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just signed it bro. In the grand scheme of things, I saw these to be minor issues. I also saw some logic behind their explanations.

If I look at the overall finish so far from outside, it has exceeded my expectations. Of course the final product is yet to be seen, but things are shaping up very nicely at Imperia.

I am just trying to learn to be more satisfied, particularly when I hear about cases where developers have gone bust and projects have been left incomplete.

Just my view. :smile:
Can you please share your logic in regards to the car park lots ie stated in agreement "car park was provided " when signed, but now in supplementary agreement "car park is not provided but an accessory"? May be I am missing something here...

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you please share your logic in regards to the car park lots ie stated in agreement "car park was provided " when signed, but now in supplementary agreement "car park is not provided but an accessory"? May be I am missing something here...

Sure. Been through my SNP agreement. There is no mention of carpark anywhere except Page 18 of second schedule where it says Car Park - Provided. Provided, to me, does not necessarily mean Provided for Free. Also, it is not clear how many car parks are allocated to me. Furthermore, it is also not clear whether the car park is assigned or not. There is no detailed drawings of the carpark and no indication of any assigned spots (as they did in case of Impiana).

However, with a supplementary agreement, I have clear ownership of 2 reserved spots. So in my own view, I am much better off signing a supplementary agreement even if I have to pay 70 odd per month, than by not signing it and not having any clarity on the number of spots I own and also the fact that they are assigned spots.

If not anything else, in my case, they can easily get away with just giving me 1 parking spot instead of 2 ....

As I mentioned earlier, this is just my view.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure. Been through my SNP agreement. There is no mention of carpark anywhere except Page 18 of second schedule where it says Car Park - Provided. Provided, to me, does not necessarily mean Provided for Free. Also, it is not clear how many car parks are allocated to me. Furthermore, it is also not clear whether the car park is assigned or not. There is no detailed drawings of the carpark and no indication of any assigned spots (as they did in case of Impiana).

However, with a supplementary agreement, I have clear ownership of 2 reserved spots. So in my own view, I am much better off signing a supplementary agreement even if I have to pay 70 odd per month, than by not signing it and not having any clarity on the number of spots I own and also the fact that they are assigned spots.

If not anything else, in my case, they can easily get away with just giving me 1 parking spot instead of 2 ....

IR, in the "Imperial Sales Package", it does state that 2carpark lots for a 3 bed unit is part of the Sales Package. Which could only mean that the carpark lots are part of the purchase price of the said Unit. Furthermore, on page 21 of the S&P, Fifth Schedule under item 5, car Park Maintainence is part of the Service Charge that one has to pay.
Yes, there was no allocation at time of purchase as the building was not built yet. However, it would be taken that the carpark lots would be allotted at time of Vacant Possession. The choice of the carpark lots would then be decided!
What do you understand by the term ASSESSORY? Do you own the ASSESSORY? Then the question arises, that if one is already paying for Car Park Maintainence as part of the Service Charge under the Fifth Schedule, why would one need to pay an extra Rm70 a month again for something that one has already paid for?
If and when you decide to sell your unit, is the carpark part and parcel of the sale or do you need to get the permission of UEM to sell the car park lot which is supposedly you bought, twice over!
This discussion might give guidance to the other owners as to the course of action that they might want to take.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
IR, in the "Imperial Sales Package", it does state that 2carpark lots for a 3 bed unit is part of the Sales Package......

Does not say on mine. I was one of the first to sign during pre launch. Perhaps they made some amendments later. I don't know. I completely overlooked the parking part during signing. I have no documents whatsoever, other than the supplementary agreement, to prove that that I am entitled to 2 parking lots.

In terms of the permission required to sell - based on the supplementary agreement - my understanding is that you cannot sell the parking lots only. They have to be sold along with the condo. I did not get the impression that you need to get permission from UEM. I guess, that's what Accessory means, that they are attached and cannot be sold stand alone. I may be wrong. But too late. Orready signed it. :smile:

Still very happy with what I am getting for the price I paid ....... :smile:

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are in the dull period. In the property market, there are ups and downs. This is a fact we all have to accept when you are in the game. PH is quiet and serene during weekdays because there are 0 residents. And if she has a chance to drop by on Friday or Saturday nights, which I have done so recently, she might have a problem with parking space.

Those properties with the pay RM 5000 or RM 8888 to own a house incentives may find their units being forced-sale at much lower prices as the buyers have got no holding power. The monthly instalment of RM 2000-RM 3000 is many Malaysians monthly salary anyway. Recently I got some really good deals ( example semis which was selling for RM 2.6 million suddenly fire-sale for RM 1.8 or 1.9m. )

As I said, the ones who can hold out longer wins. This happens anywhere in the world.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree. Important to have cashflows coming in for your property investments.

We are in the dull period. In the property market, there are ups and downs. This is a fact we all have to accept when you are in the game. PH is quiet and serene during weekdays because there are 0 residents. And if she has a chance to drop by on Friday or Saturday nights, which I have done so recently, she might have a problem with parking space.

Those properties with the pay RM 5000 or RM 8888 to own a house incentives may find their units being forced-sale at much lower prices as the buyers have got no holding power. The monthly instalment of RM 2000-RM 3000 is many Malaysians monthly salary anyway. Recently I got some really good deals ( example semis which was selling for RM 2.6 million suddenly fire-sale for RM 1.8 or 1.9m. )

As I said, the ones who can hold out longer wins. This happens anywhere in the world.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree. Important to have cashflows coming in for your property investments.

Sad to say but it probaby is true that in later part of 2015 towards 2017 there will be cheap fire sales coming. But obviously in the longer term ( 10-20 years), Iskandar is going to be the Jewel or Masterpiece of Asia when the puzzle comes together whether one likes it or not due to jealousy, politically-motivated reasons or simply unhappy due to missing out the boat earlier.

Those pay RM 1000 to own a house buyers had better make sure they set aside RM 100,000 over 3-4 years for instalments. If the bank seizes it and auction off, they probably cant even find buyers who are willing to pay 20% off the market value

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
No update from UEM's lawyer leh, since I last met them about a month ago and did not sign. Maybe they have yet to meet all the buyers first before deciding on anything, like some compensation?

I have signed it.......reason being the lawyers were clever to "package" the carpark as the main issue. If i didnt sign it by end of this mth, my carpark lots will remain as a shared facility that is as good as saying i dun hv any carpark and anybody can park at my lots.

The aircon and library issues were no biggie to me as it is only a change of name.

The real issue of the rubbish vacuum thingy that each unit supposed to have which is now replaced by a central rubbish chute that each floor will have. No mention on the supplementary agreement that its operated by a vacuum function but lawyer email to me states that it is so. Why wasnt it indicated in the agreement that it is "vacuum"? The word "vacuum" is like purposely left out

Last edited:

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was the RM70 indicated in the supplementary agreement? Is it RM70 for each lot? Isnt the monthly maintenance fee that we supposed to pay after 1 year covers the parking lots that we have?

Any bro here bought extra carpark lots? How much did u guys pay?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was the RM70 indicated in the supplementary agreement? Is it RM70 for each lot? Isnt the monthly maintenance fee that we supposed to pay after 1 year covers the parking lots that we have?

Any bro here bought extra carpark lots? How much did u guys pay?

It was around RM 35 each .....

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
IR, in the "Imperial Sales Package", it does state that 2carpark lots for a 3 bed unit is part of the Sales Package. Which could only mean that the carpark lots are part of the purchase price of the said Unit. Furthermore, on page 21 of the S&P, Fifth Schedule under item 5, car Park Maintainence is part of the Service Charge that one has to pay.
Yes, there was no allocation at time of purchase as the building was not built yet. However, it would be taken that the carpark lots would be allotted at time of Vacant Possession. The choice of the carpark lots would then be decided!
What do you understand by the term ASSESSORY? Do you own the ASSESSORY? Then the question arises, that if one is already paying for Car Park Maintainence as part of the Service Charge under the Fifth Schedule, why would one need to pay an extra Rm70 a month again for something that one has already paid for?
If and when you decide to sell your unit, is the carpark part and parcel of the sale or do you need to get the permission of UEM to sell the car park lot which is supposedly you bought, twice over!
This discussion might give guidance to the other owners as to the course of action that they might want to take.

Without Prejudice, I would strongly suggest those of you who have NOT signed the Supplementary Agreement to seek legal advice as to your rights.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,sorry, its RM35/mth for the current carpark lots allocated to ur unit? Or RM35/mth for any extra lots that we want?

RM 35 per month each for the 2 assigned carparks, as per the Supplimentary Agreement.

The reason why I emphasize Supplimentary Agreement, because in my opinion as per my Sales Package or my SNP agreement, none was assigned .......

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 35 per month each for the 2 assigned carparks, as per the Supplimentary Agreement.

The reason why I emphasize Supplimentary Agreement, because in my opinion as per my Sales Package or my SNP agreement, none was assigned .......

I seriously dun get it. Why shud i pay extra for parking on top of the monthly conservancy charges?

Can any1 explain?

Is any other service apartment doing this? Parking fee and conservancy fee is 2 separate fees?

Btw, extra carpark lots can be bought at RM35k per lot. This i checked with the lawyers. Gulp-!

Last edited:

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal

It cud also be that IskandarRocks was the earliest batch of buyers so his Sales Agreement differs from us??? This is only an assumption......i could be wrong.