• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not only the signing for the parking bay as an accessory vs common facility, there're also changes to the building specifications eg library and waste disposal. Not that professional the way its being handled, ignoring due process.

Ok. Had a long chat with my Sales lady today. Apparently, the assigned lawyers were supposed to call up every customer, explain the changes, and schedule appointment for signing. In my case at least, never got a call from any lawyer. Given my past experience with lawyers in Malaysia, not surprised. My sales lady got me an appointment for tomorrow for signing.

As per what she explained on phone and if I did not misunderstand anything:

Central Cooling - will now be renamed to Central Airconditioning due to some nomenclature issue, no change in specs.

Library - will now be renamed to Reading Room, again due to nomenclature issue. A Library would need them to provide with a full time librarian. No change in building specs.

Waste Disposal - Instead of providing a vacuum and chute in individual units, they will provide with 2 on every floor next to the service lifts. This was done to avoid security and maintenance issues as I was told.

Car park - in laymans term as I understood, these will not be a part of common facilities but the individual titles will be given to assigned owners. The big implication - RM 33 per month + GST for each parking will be added to the standard maintenance fees.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok. Had a long chat with my Sales lady today. Apparently, the assigned lawyers were supposed to call up every customer, explain the changes, and schedule appointment for signing. In my case at least, never got a call from any lawyer. Given my past experience with lawyers in Malaysia, not surprised. My sales lady got me an appointment for tomorrow for signing.

Central Cooling - will now be renamed to Central Airconditioning due to some nomenclature issue, no change in specs.

Library - will now be renamed to Reading Room, again due to nomenclature issue. A Library would need them to provide with a full time librarian. No change in building specs.

Waste Disposal - Instead of providing a vacuum and chute in individual units, they will provide with 2 on every floor next to the service lifts. This was done to avoid security and maintenance issues as I was told.

Car park - in laymans term as I understood, these will not be a part of common facilities but the individual titles will be given to assigned owners. The big implication - RM 33 per month + GST for each parking will be added to the standard maintenance fees.

Bro, isn't maintenance fees exempted from GST on Strata Tiitles??? Isn't Imperial Strata titled?

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not sign the supplementary agreement. Developer can not just simply ask buyer to sign without detail explanation

Yes they cannot suka suka just change like that, have to clarify with their lawyers first. The vacuum inside the units is one of their main selling point for this building, besides the central aircon.. To me, it looks like cost cutting in order to pay the late delivery payments to buyers.

If still feel shortchanged after their explanation and don't sign, what will happen?

BobBob

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes they cannot suka suka just change like that, have to clarify with their lawyers first. The vacuum inside the units is one of their main selling point for this building, besides the central aircon.. To me, it looks like cost cutting in order to pay the late delivery payments to buyers.

If still feel shortchanged after their explanation and don't sign, what will happen?

Hope all buyers can get together to protect buyer right until the developer compensate us

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owned and managed by Khazanah. They have the contacts, so will be proper.

does anybody know why the supposed-to-be-shops at ground floor of somerset ph are walled up as observed by this blogger with photos.

http://iread-ishare.blogspot.sg/2015/02/somerset-puteri-harbour-in-iskandar.html

20150207_180626.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

All seems to be cost cutting measures for the developer/operator and shifting of maintenance costs to owners. From the photo, there seems to be individual air-con compressors behind the louvers instead of centralised cooling tower.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good question. Did you pose this question to the relevant person representing the developer? By right, although an accessory parcel is that parcel of the grounds irrevocably tied to an individual parcel (lot or unit) itself but as it sits in common areas, the maintenance fees should cover any repair and maintenance of said accessory parcel.

However my MA recently told me I had to pay for repairs to my own letter box even (which is not even an accessory). When I told them the letter box falls under common property and should be covered by maintenance fees, they kept mum. So far no resolution to this issue although I just fixed it myself eventually.

There are certain things that are deemed to be owner's responsibility such as water meter, electricity meter, letter box, etc even tough they are situated outside the units in the common areas. Only shared items are deemed to be covered under common properties.

Normally when you buy a condo, there's a separate DMC agreement which specifically address these issues. It is not normal to sign a supplementary agreement unless these developer foresee legal problems long term.
Buyers had paid for what is specified in the original plan and any changes would mean that there's a cost difference. Are the owners compensated? If there's no librarian, is there anyone who manage the reading room? Who pay for the management or is the room left to the JMC to manage in future?

naved

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told the developer will replace central waste vacuum with central waste collection system, instead in each parcel now in each floor. I wonder can developer change the design at almost last stage of construction?

Yes I received a call stating the same for three issues, car park the waste disposal.., i did not agree to the waste disposal as to how can one take our rubbish outside the door through the living room..therefore all imperia puteri harbour unit holders do not agree to sign this clause as it was initially installed for every unit garbage disposal..the car park allotment is ok...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I received a call stating the same for three issues, car park the waste disposal.., i did not agree to the waste disposal as to how can one take our rubbish outside the door through the living room..therefore all imperia puteri harbour unit holders do not agree to sign this clause as it was initially installed for every unit garbage disposal..the car park allotment is ok...

And the garbage room would be dirty, full of roaches and ants over time. Not forgetting foul smell for the units near the garbage rooms.
Also the garbage disposal would be done by contractors using service lifts hopefully.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is similar to the newer HDB flat in Singapore. Some condos have this design too. The only question is that you have already paid for it as part of your unit's GFA with Rubbish Chute within your unit. Now with the completed unit, the chute is moved out, developer has gained from it. I understand that air-conditioning of units are done via a central system (district cooling system). Is it true?

BobBob

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is similar to the newer HDB flat in Singapore. Some condos have this design too. The only question is that you have already paid for it as part of your unit's GFA with Rubbish Chute within your unit. Now with the completed unit, the chute is moved out, developer has gained from it. I understand that air-conditioning of units are done via a central system (district cooling system). Is it true?

Based on the supplementary agreement, the air cond system is a centralized cooling system not split.

hope more owners to pressure the developer on the supplementary agreement issues

BobBob

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would like to check so far after reading the supplementary agreement how many of you had signed the agreement?

Speedo

Alfrescian
Loyal

We went to the law firm last Sunday but did not sign anything. We wrote to UEM Land on Monday till now no respond from them. We asked them why the changes to Central Waste Collection System has not been communicated to the purchasers at the earlier stage? Also, what is the compensation to the purchasers from the planned Central Waste Vacuum inside each parcel to a common one at each floor?

Later, we Google the definition of accessory property from common property. It is stated in the in the Second Schedule of the S&P that common facilities and services includes swimming pools, BBQ pits...car park etc. Also in the Fifth Schedule, the Form of Service Charge Statement includes the line item of car park maintenance fee. If a monthly fee to be charged post accessorized, the monthly maintenance fee should have been reduced accordingly.

What are the implications if purchasers or some purchasers refused to sign the Supplementary Agreement?

louvre

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the garbage room would be dirty, full of roaches and ants over time. Not forgetting foul smell for the units near the garbage rooms.
Also the garbage disposal would be done by contractors using service lifts hopefully.

My understanding is that every level will have a central rubbish disposal chute. This is not a manual rubbish collection room but a vacuum operated chute. So there should be no problem with smell or pests. Of course there is the inconvenience of having to bring your rubbish out of your unit to the central disposal chute.