• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
My is leaseback..you got your keys already? ...met up with some umland guys a couple months back in kl , they are expecting keys handover in July...thanks...

Hi, not yet. But was told no keys for us. In the leaseback agreement, the place will be handed over directly to the operator.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you. I have a vested interest in Danga Bay ( maybe they should change the name to Yuan$Yuan$ Bay )........so this article has relevant information for me.

main point I want to point out is "Danga Bay can never be compared to Puteri Harbour" as mentioned by UEM chief

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
some facts regarding berthing and custom clearance

There are 2 marinas here, Puteri Harbour and Danga Bay. However, Danga Bay has now closed permanently and it is no longer possible to berth here. The area will be absorbed into the huge satellite residential development that has been taking place in the area for the last 2 years.

All yachts requiring clearance here must ensure they fly the Q flag, otherwise they may be fined.

Yachts coming from Sebana and other ports in Malaysia also have to do harbour clearance here.

Clearance can be completed at Puteri Harbour Marina.

Immigration is at the causeway and the Harbour Master (in Jabatan Laut), 1km along the waterfront from the anchorage, towards the causeway, as is the Customs office.

Yachts aiming for Senibong Cove Marina would be advised to first stop at Pengileh to clear in. There is a marina there but it's not suitable for a cruising yacht. Anchoring just outside is tenable, and all the officials are in the same building so clearance is quick and efficient. You then proceed around the east/northeast side of Singapore to Senibong or the anchorage east of the causeway. You will see Singaporean police boats monitoring the border pretty consistently along this 20NM stretch.

Customs is only required for outward clearance and issue of Port Clearance after clearing out with the Harbour Master.

Immigration outward clearance is not required if stopping at further Malaysian ports on the Penninsula. Clearance is required if heading to Sarawak or Sabah on Borneo.

Many nationalities will receive a new entry stamp, which is good for a three months stay in Malaysia, each time they return across the causeway from Singapore or on arrival. However, it's best to do up-to-date research on your own situation first, as the list of permitted nationalities is ever-changing.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone tried the new sports bar Magnum? How is the food?

I normally frequent Olive and Brussels. These two rock! I have surprisingly seen quite a few people hanging out even during the weekday evenings. Have not tried Magnum yet.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone tried the new sports bar Magnum? How is the food?

I normally frequent Olive and Brussels. These two rock! I have surprisingly seen quite a few people hanging out even during the weekday evenings. Have not tried Magnum yet.

I saw a few salesmen/salesger from a nearby developer having dinner at PH last Friday. Its really a wonderful place!

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a few salesmen/salesger from a nearby developer having dinner at PH last Friday. Its really a wonderful place!

Thanks PuteriWorld! Just had lunch. A bit pricey by Malaysia Standards. However, food quality and service is really good.

I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few folks having lunch for a weekday late afternoon.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
No choice la.. they cant offer you hawker centre price in Puteri Harbour you know?

Anyone been to UM gallery? Think I am dropping down tomorrow. The only place where I can safely park my car without fear is only Puteri Harbour now in fact..

Thanks PuteriWorld! Just had lunch. A bit pricey by Malaysia Standards. However, food quality and service is really good.

I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few folks having lunch for a weekday late afternoon.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
No choice la.. they cant offer you hawker centre price in Puteri Harbour you know?

Anyone been to UM gallery? Think I am dropping down tomorrow. The only place where I can safely park my car without fear is only Puteri Harbour now in fact..

Haha, well said! Agreed.

On second thoughts, given the service, food quality, ambiance, definitely worth it.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all fanatic PH/East Ledang Heights, Leisure Farms, Emerald Bay fans and investors. I am glad that the VEP + Tolls have been increased ( Even though its not a drastic increase ). With the increase in Tolls and VEP, more affluence Singapore-based investors or residents who are resident will now find it easier to invest and come to PH for short stay or long term retirement. Afterall, RM 100-RM 200 per entry is simply peanut for someone who has saved a few millions ringgit in buying a high-rise marina view FREEHOLD condos with their yacht parked in front of their condos ot at their back yard.

It cost just RM 1.5 million on average ( S$600,000 ) compared to S$2.5million to S$5 million in Singapore Keppel Bay or Sentosa Cove. So Cheap!

Overall savings is about S$2 million to S$4 million Singapore dollars. Tell me, if you are someone who has the money to buy a million dollar unit in a place like Puteri Harbour or Sea-facing 129year leasehold facing Ocean at Sunway Iskandar to relax or a 45000 sq feet bungalow in Leisure farm, what is a RM 100 toll to you?? For so long, I have spoken to my friends and associates who are living along Sentosa Cove and GCBs along Victoria Park or Cornoration road etc... many avoid JB not because of crimes. These people dress so down that you wont suspect they got S$500 million fortune. They avoid JB due to the JAMs. Yes. Jams. So the REAL money are not flowing into JB. People who want to save RM 18.88 will spend 2-3 hours cheonging JB and jam up the place, leaving the bona-fide travellers stay in Singapore.

I am vested in Leisure Farm, PH and Ledang Heights recently. I know the new investors will flock in to enjoy the higher standard of living and fresher air in Nusajaya. Those pests will start to jam up Singapore once again and I hope the immigration will be free from these people

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time is money. Time is money. Time is money. I lost count of how many times I wanna drive into Johor thru either entry points but decided against it as the custom camera showed horrible jams into or out of JB. I don't mind paying S$50 just to enter JB in 20 minutes without jams. Serious.

20 years ago I rem walking thru customs and the 3 hours trademark jams at JB choked and airless immigration always make me faint. Those were the days where I feel immigration counter staff purposely went slow and make us wait for 3 hours. Then u see those illegal "cabbies" shouting S$10 per pax just to drive us across the counter which is just 10m away. Once collected S$40, he will proceed to bring us to his car parked next to a counter and drive us in in less than 2 minutes. BIG BIG business as he told me one day he can easily drive in almost 30 trips ( or S$1200 a day after covering the counter staff )

Well said. I simply got to agree with you because I really value my time. Time is money for me.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in PH Fri night and seems more environment is well maintained, even the Marina club restaurant look nicer now. Only a few pavements need patch up but satisfactory. Was told for lower level Encorp buyer, get cash ready by Jul 14 BUT I am surprised Encorp is still at car park and foundation only. Think it will take sometime before even the lower levels need to pay up. Is there a late rebate for Encorp ? Anyone know when is it supposed to be ready ? Tks.

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
menghuii, on the eastern side, where's the nearest point to the causeway to clear immigresen by boat? can it be done at Stulang? Thanks.

some facts regarding berthing and custom clearance

There are 2 marinas here, Puteri Harbour and Danga Bay. However, Danga Bay has now closed permanently and it is no longer possible to berth here. The area will be absorbed into the huge satellite residential development that has been taking place in the area for the last 2 years.

All yachts requiring clearance here must ensure they fly the Q flag, otherwise they may be fined.

Yachts coming from Sebana and other ports in Malaysia also have to do harbour clearance here.

Clearance can be completed at Puteri Harbour Marina.

Immigration is at the causeway and the Harbour Master (in Jabatan Laut), 1km along the waterfront from the anchorage, towards the causeway, as is the Customs office.

Yachts aiming for Senibong Cove Marina would be advised to first stop at Pengileh to clear in. There is a marina there but it's not suitable for a cruising yacht. Anchoring just outside is tenable, and all the officials are in the same building so clearance is quick and efficient. You then proceed around the east/northeast side of Singapore to Senibong or the anchorage east of the causeway. You will see Singaporean police boats monitoring the border pretty consistently along this 20NM stretch.

Customs is only required for outward clearance and issue of Port Clearance after clearing out with the Harbour Master.

Immigration outward clearance is not required if stopping at further Malaysian ports on the Penninsula. Clearance is required if heading to Sarawak or Sabah on Borneo.

Many nationalities will receive a new entry stamp, which is good for a three months stay in Malaysia, each time they return across the causeway from Singapore or on arrival. However, it's best to do up-to-date research on your own situation first, as the list of permitted nationalities is ever-changing.