• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure or not when the majority of our citizens voted for the incumbent, I am sure PAP is the BESTEST party the world will ever have!

They do it because it caters for rich and cheapskate Ang Mos, who usually go because they get in free. PAP has done many money wasting useless events, the F1 is only one of the many.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did F1 bring in any atmosphere or make property prices increase in Singapore?
In the case of Singapore F1 is "maintenance" keeping the world's attention, the people who have money to protect/invest know Singapore. But for PH this is an introduction to new people, any attention they can get is positive, people in JB city don't even know what PH is, so it is a positive move to introduce PH to a wider world audience. Events such as Expos (in the past) were watershed moments for places like Vancouver that captured work attention and changed the city forever. No I am not saying a yacht race is a world Expo, but any attention to a wider world audience is welcome in my point of view and I hope for more events like this in the future. It was seeing PH that made me want to purchase and live there.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG F1 hosting rights was renewed...F1 bring benefits...most of all put the place in world map. However, FasTrack is not hosting F1.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the event that can bring instant results.
But it is global marketing and advertisement through live telecasts beamed to millions of viewers to introduce Puteri Harbour to the world.
People must find a reason to go to a certain place apart from being a tourist. Spectator sports is one of them.

yes, no point being the bestest if the world doesn't know you are the bestest.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kids in candy store moment...If FasTrack get F1 or other major event around SG F1 season...wave of crowd cross border...Asia sporting pilgrimage event of the year

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG F1 hosting rights was renewed...F1 bring benefits...most of all put the place in world map. However, FasTrack is not hosting F1.

Besides hotels and f&b please name me the tangible benefits of F1? Putting Singapore on the world map is a vanity thing.

Property market has more or less crashed, wealth is depleting, common man not getting pay increases, investors leaving and companies retrenching. Don't give airy fairy benefits.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the event that can bring instant results.
But it is global marketing and advertisement through live telecasts beamed to millions of viewers to introduce Puteri Harbour to the world.
People must find a reason to go to a certain place apart from being a tourist. Spectator sports is one of them.

How long? 25 years? Investors look for immediate pay back. You are Malaysian, you have all the time in the world. Singkies are different, always look for fast returns.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
How long? 25 years? Investors look for immediate pay back. You are Malaysian, you have all the time in the world. Singkies are different, always look for fast returns.

I thought gamblers are those that look for instant paybacks?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property investments is a journey. You savour the experience the minute you sign the S & P and drive over almost every month to see the earthworks and the structures. You car tires get stuck in the red m&d every now and then. And you find every little excuse to visit the site once you see the tiles and the roof is completed. And you go hunting for furnishings long before TOP visiting home fairs one after another. That is what we call a proper marriage of a property investment and after many years, you repair cracks here and there. The house is just like part of your family. Growing up together.

Well said! Though when my condo unit is done I only have to look for lightings and a couple of white goods. Still I cannot resist looking at the construction progress whenever I drive pass it along the Pasir Gudang Highway!:p

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
They do it because it caters for rich and cheapskate Ang Mos, who usually go because they get in free. PAP has done many money wasting useless events, the F1 is only one of the many.

Another one is the YOG , WTF wasting everybody time and money ! And also all the useless Ping pong girls , at least those X prc mei mei service our didi when it got jam .:biggrin:

Last edited:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides hotels and f&b please name me the tangible benefits of F1? Putting Singapore on the world map is a vanity thing.

Property market has more or less crashed, wealth is depleting, common man not getting pay increases, investors leaving and companies retrenching. Don't give airy fairy benefits.

Major sporting event...I do mean major...and SG gov agreed...worth the trouble to close down CBD for full 3 days.

To play it down just because you don't want to associate big event to iskandar. I thought you are better than this. F1 is big, it okay to say it...because it's not coming to iskandar.

Tangible benefits of F1 for whole month
- My nephew benefit it because he is a student and work part-time at events.
- An audio visual technician i know seem to like F1...he get plenty of jobs.
- My old florist friend do not travel on Sept...hot biz for her...
- Middle age ex colleague drive Uber like it too

Above benefits to real people satisfy you?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Major sporting event...I do mean major...and SG gov agreed...worth the trouble to close down CBD for full 3 days.

To play it down just because you don't want to associate big event to iskandar. I thought you are better than this. F1 is big, it okay to say it...because it's not coming to iskandar.

All I can say is your examples of benefits are OMG. You really do not understand what I am trying to say. Never mind.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another one is the YOG , WTF wasting everybody time and money ! And also all the useless Ping pong girls , at least those X prc mei mei service our didi when it got jam .:biggrin:

Exactly right, you know what I mean, not all such big events encouraged by the PAP brought in any tangible economic benefits and so one should not bench mark them as being useful in any way but boosting their own egos.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

How much tax money they poured in ? Few hundreds millions , more than enough to give all these people a few Ks each , don't need to work . Oppies asked how much profit generated from F1, nobody can answer , mostly goes to waste or profit by F1
Why don't they spent the money to pay our NS boys extra bonus , or low rank workers some bonus . They money will also filter into the economy what.

Last edited:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I can say is your examples of benefits are OMG. You really do not understand what I am trying to say. Never mind.

men on the street example make you catch no ball.

Events = MICE industry
Audio Visual = Technical industry
Florist = Design/Creative industry
Uber = Personal/small group transportation service industry

Any major event that draw large crowd will require support services for uncountable activities....result are many main or sub-industries will get a boost, not just Hotel/FnB. Dont you think?

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much tax money they poured in ? Few hundreds millions , more than enough to give all these people a few Ks each , don't need to work . Oppies asked how much profit generated from F1, nobody can answer , mostly goes to waste or profit by F1
Why don't they spent the money to pay our NS boys extra bonus , or low rank workers some bonus . They money will also filter into the economy what.

Hand out few millions bonus to NS vs Hosting F1 race event

Do not want to argue....this beyond my pay grade....beyond my control. And fact will remain SG F1 hosting is certainty next few years to come....when it end....extreme remote chance gov use the $ give bonus handout as replacement