• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask yourself this question.
What will Singapore Government benefit if they solve all these transportation problems? People's problems are not their problems. Their problem is to make sure Singapore is economically protected.

counter argument is by letting some Sg stay in JB, the ppty prices in SG will not climb so high till biz suffers ? especially so if the 6.9m population thing comes true, which is increasingly likely since PAP won the landslide election.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
counter argument is by letting some Sg stay in JB, the ppty prices in SG will not climb so high till biz suffers ? especially so if the 6.9m population thing comes true, which is increasingly likely since PAP won the landslide election.

If the 70% Pap supporters also kena forced to stay in JB , PAP still can have lands slide victory huh ?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the 6.9 mil is definitely on the cards for the Singapore govt.
So for the potential oversupply is only temporary.
I don't see the potential for Iskandar @ the moment.
But then again. its also in Singapore interest to have access to a hinterland. Else where are you going to house all the economically not active old folks which would be a drain on the dynamic infrastructure that Singapore has to build to maintain the image of a thriving global city.
In the US there's still a florida to house all the retirees. So that New York can continue to have its avant garde Art Galleries

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the 6.9 mil is definitely on the cards for the Singapore govt.
So for the potential oversupply is only temporary.
I don't see the potential for Iskandar @ the moment.
But then again. its also in Singapore interest to have access to a hinterland. Else where are you going to house all the economically not active old folks which would be a drain on the dynamic infrastructure that Singapore has to build to maintain the image of a thriving global city.
In the US there's still a florida to house all the retirees. So that New York can continue to have its avant garde Art Galleries

In 10 years' time, 900,000 SG will be more than 60 yr old. SG will have to find ways to house these economically inactive folks whether we like it or not.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
900,000 willingly come to stay in JB , like it or not . Cannot use force .

Frankly if those that need to come to JB to stay and don't own property would be lower rung people, you would not be attracting the affluent people, who may have other alternatives, so what sort of rentals can you expect? numbers of down and out retirees who cannot afford to live in sg are coming, one day all of you owners would wish they stayed in Singapore.

Again, have you all even considered that?

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RM1 million barrier is the bigger barrier to the explosive sales of Johor properties to Singaporeans, hands up how many of you bought your units at a RM1 million or more due to this barrier and not by choice. I am curious to know.

The RM1 million dollar was a barrier to us, so we rushed to buy our landed in 2013 before it became official in 2014. Was glad we did so, or else I would not be in this forum. :p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the temptation to buy Johor properties is there cos of the lower cost compared to Singapore's properties, cheaper food/shopping and fewer crowds there. But if you are a working Singaporean, your job is firmly rooted here, your family and friends are here, it's very hard to travel every day and live there. Rental and capital appreciation have to be the supporting pillars for the investment.

For me, it was rather out of necessity that we bought a house in JB. :p And we get to enjoy the lower cost of properties, food and shopping too! Is it hard to commute to work each day? Well, there are good days and there are bad days, I learned to live with it and make the best of it, but must have phone with me to surf the net.

Ironically, ever since we moved into JB, our friends have visited us more in JB, compared to when we were in Singapore! :biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly if those that need to come to JB to stay and don't own property would be lower rung people, you would not be attracting the affluent people, who may have other alternatives, so what sort of rentals can you expect? numbers of down and out retirees who cannot afford to live in sg are coming, one day all of you owners would wish they stayed in Singapore.

Urr....nope.:p

I think we should avoid extremes, don't paint an overly rosy picture of Iskandar or an overly doomy picture of Iskandar. Buyers or investors should just be informed purchasers and know what and why they want to buy. Must be a person of conviction, then won't be easily swayed by the shifting opinions of others.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, it was rather out of necessity that we bought a house in JB. :p And we get to enjoy the lower cost of properties, food and shopping too! Is it hard to commute to work each day? Well, there are good days and there are bad days, I learned to live with it and make the best of it, but must have phone with me to surf the net.

Ironically, ever since we moved into JB, our friends have visited us more in JB, compared to when we were in Singapore! :biggrin:

must be tough gg in and out JB. what time do u have to leave yr house ? u stay at Nusajaya ?

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not all will be 'down & out' . some could be seeking a better environment at waterfront enclave . some may be tourists from Sentosa when the ferry link is up or students/ staff from
Educity / Pinewood etc. Even if the poorer folks rent, the yield can be good as the price psf is cheap .

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
must be tough gg in and out JB. what time do u have to leave yr house ? u stay at Nusajaya ?

I try to leave my home latest before 6.30am....on my bike. And it can take me as quick as 50min to reach office, or as slow as 1.5hr...sometimes 2 hours if the Aetos officers are being awfully incompetent traffic controllers. I made my home in Masai, so I take the Woodlands Causeway.:p

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I try to leave my home latest before 6.30am....on my bike. And it can take me as quick as 50min to reach office, or as slow as 1.5hr...sometimes 2 hours if the Aetos officers are being awfully incompetent traffic controllers. I made my home in Masai, so I take the Woodlands Causeway.:p

Jams at Woodlands causeway is much worse than Tuas link in the morning ?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jams at Woodlands causeway is much worse than Tuas link in the morning ?

Don't think so, I think Tuas is worst nowadays....but anyway I won't take Tuas as it doesn't make sense for me in terms of distance and cost and time. When I occasionally drive car into Singapore I have to leave home around 5am to 5.30am, not many cars when you are at CIQ before 6am...will usually clear Singapore side within 30 min...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RM1 million dollar was a barrier to us, so we rushed to buy our landed in 2013 before it became official in 2014. Was glad we did so, or else I would not be in this forum. :p

Yah so the RM 1 million was the biggest policy barrier which is causing the oversupply.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Urr....nope.:p

I think we should avoid extremes, don't paint an overly rosy picture of Iskandar or an overly doomy picture of Iskandar. Buyers or investors should just be informed purchasers and know what and why they want to buy. Must be a person of conviction, then won't be easily swayed by the shifting opinions of others.

I wouldn't post this, if not for incessant owners hoping for SG retirees helping to take up supply. In fact I am hoping all the old retirees stay in Singapore but for other reasons.