• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Merlion

Alfrescian
Loyal
The liabilities would also outlast you. Buying for own stay in Puteri Harbour is quite safe but many, many sinkies bought hoping to make a quick buck, notice that this thread only have a handful of die hard posters who may have money and holding power, the rest are quietly bleeding for fear of posting here and exposing their stupidity, can't blame them as I would be very quiet too for making such an obviously bad choice. There are rights and wrongs, if you lose your money and bank foreclose that is obviously wrong.

When you talk about cycles in properties, different people also have different capabilities and capacities to weather the storm, to some 25 year cycle is ok, to some 2 years and cannot see any hope for returns, the banks would start foreclosing, so please post on the cycles with more depth in your claims. Everyone knows that are cycles in property markets, without any depth analysis, you are just another Captain Obvious.
Enjoying my condo at Imperia.
Watching some sail activities going on from my high floor sea view balcony whilst having a cuppa. So nice....

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry even if you are a man with nerves of steel but no brains and money, still won't help investing in the property market. That's why in property investing it is only the stupid and the astute with foresight.

You are such clever man in property investment. Best in Singapore and Johore Baru.
You are nothing but the best man around here. I am the guy without any brains.
No problems with that. Afterall it is my nerves, my money and my laughter. Not anybody else.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are such clever man in property investment. Best in Singapore and Johore Baru.
No problems with that. Afterall it is my nerves, my money and my laughter. Not anybody else.

Sarcasm will get you nowhere, I never claim to be smart, as the people here are really really just an insignificant minority compared to the whole Singapore population who did not invest here, I am just one of the many who did not, so how can I claim to be most clever?

Those who made the wrong decisions are stupid, there is no other words to describe such decisions. Anyway you don't count, as this is your home country and you have tons of money, unlike the average small timer, salaried sinkie.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry even if you are a man with nerves of steel but no brains and money, still won't help investing in the property market. That's why in property investing it is only the stupid and the astute with foresight.

Scarcasm has a new dimension these days.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jus ignore him.. or her

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
We cannot ignore the fact that those who bought 2-3 properties a few years ago with no down payment is going to sweat this and next year when the properties are delivered. On the other hand, for those who bought for own stay and chosen a unit of your choice, it's a year of eager anticipation to collect your key and start living your dream.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder there is a surge in the number of Singaporean buyers coming to view resale properties in Iskandar recently.
Read More - http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/strong-interest-in-overseas-property-investment-at-property-seminar-showcase-2016

12540519_10153625968594667_1551388913306747846_n.jpg

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am in IT industry. it is a usual practice that an IT company will let the contract lapse when one reaches 50s.

most salaried people in early 50s , if salary is ok, willl have no hdb loan but stilll have a hefty condo loan. the rental income from hdb or condo is barely able to cover the condo monthly installment. kids will soon go to univ and you also got to spend a lot.

if no job, how to survive in sg? ten k is needed for using a car in sg.

so i simply bought a jb house cause i do not want to work as a taxi driver or at supermarkets. it is too crampy to share a flat with tenants. and i like the idea of living in my own house.
why should be worried about the returns on investments? if moving to jb when retrenched, you just need less than ten year rental from hdb to recover your whole investment. and you do not have to lose your condo.
after all, what can you invest in sg using 300 k? if invested into oil and gas shares already see half blown away.
unless you are really an smart investor and buy properties in beijing shenzhen or auckland ten years ago. then the appreciation is almost ten times now..

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
at least Iskandar is accessible, k stay in it. maintenance costs are not high and legal matters quite straightforward. not so sure if buy into places like vietnam & cambodia which is not cheap also.

honestly my bet is still on emerging markets with young population.

i am in IT industry. it is a usual practice that an IT company will let the contract lapse when one reaches 50s.

most salaried people in early 50s , if salary is ok, willl have no hdb loan but stilll have a hefty condo loan. the rental income from hdb or condo is barely able to cover the condo monthly installment. kids will soon go to univ and you also got to spend a lot.

if no job, how to survive in sg? ten k is needed for using a car in sg.

so i simply bought a jb house cause i do not want to work as a taxi driver or at supermarkets. it is too crampy to share a flat with tenants. and i like the idea of living in my own house.
why should be worried about the returns on investments? if moving to jb when retrenched, you just need less than ten year rental from hdb to recover your whole investment. and you do not have to lose your condo.
after all, what can you invest in sg using 300 k? if invested into oil and gas shares already see half blown away.
unless you are really an smart investor and buy properties in beijing shenzhen or auckland ten years ago. then the appreciation is almost ten times now..

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone during this economic time watches the forest city video clip which i had posted earlier will agree it's quite scary that cc is so daring to draw up such humongous plans for a man made island. but i thought princess cove was already quite a mammoth development but hey hey, here is puteri harbour, just go and visit, it's very liveable even now. of course i dont envisage anyone thinking of flipping properties now not even in spore or perhaps not anywhere globally. so then if you are staying in your puteri harbour pty when it's ready, i can guarantee, you will enjoy for whatever reasons. but surely and i can also guarantee that if my property is ready in ph and if i want to sell it, i 100% can! it's only whether how much loss i can accept. so if anyone of you kiasu fellow who wants to sell your property and 50% loss of purchase price, let me know. my advice is as good as your guesses, you wont sell right. so whats the issue.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone during this economic time watches the forest city video clip which i had posted earlier will agree it's quite scary that cc is so daring to draw up such humongous plans for a man made island. but i thought princess cove was already quite a mammoth development but hey hey, here is puteri harbour, just go and visit, it's very liveable even now. of course i dont envisage anyone thinking of flipping properties now not even in spore or perhaps not anywhere globally. so then if you are staying in your puteri harbour pty when it's ready, i can guarantee, you will enjoy for whatever reasons. but surely and i can also guarantee that if my property is ready in ph and if i want to sell it, i 100% can! it's only whether how much loss i can accept. so if anyone of you kiasu fellow who wants to sell your property and 50% loss of purchase price, let me know. my advice is as good as your guesses, you wont sell right. so whats the issue.

Your logic is totally flawed, nobody sells properties at 50% losses intentionality, usually they are forced to sell due to financial reasons for example bank foreclosures, or maybe to cut losses and channel the funds elsewhere to make back the losses.

Anyone in the caliber of Tekkun would be well experienced in business strategies.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you be following up wih the auction results and update us?

I'm afraid not - am down in oz that week.

Incidentally, I was over in puteri on Sunday. At 11:00 there were only 3 lights on in imperia. Perhaps busier on Saturday.

Still, I do see real value in Puteri, particularly once the ferry link is up. It's a lovely spot, puteri cove building works look to be making a very nice building (if pricey!). Not a big fan of Teega (sorry any owners) as the blue balconies don't look nice. Think SM will look good once done too.

Suppose Gerbang will be a good spot too. The amount of work done in Iskandar is impressive. Medini 9 looks good...the trick they need to pull off short-term is simply sg accessibility. Long term it's just bringing in more corporate tenants. All been said before. The over-leveraged will be creating bargains for others.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your logic is totally flawed, nobody sells properties at 50% losses intentionality, usually they are forced to sell due to financial reasons for example bank foreclosures, or maybe to cut losses and channel the funds elsewhere to make back the losses.

Anyone in the caliber of Tekkun would be well experienced in business strategies.

exactly. no one will do that!! and you can't so narrowmindedly to just apply your rationale for selling a property so simply as if only msian pty investors will face such issues. and so how, ph buyers shld regret now? btw I can also guarantee that shld I want to rent out my ph pty I can do so too. with pty its all abt pricing which developers and owners all over must grapple with. for me I hv more sg pty issues to consider than my ph one simply because it's cheap to me. and you heard of cutloss in biz? common one doesnt need your rocket science to understand how to handle this simple situation hence your complicated mind has claimed my simple statement as being flawed. like I said b4 I go genting often so fr ph to senai to kl is a great idea. hey, it's ph owners biz anyways...shoo shoo

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am expecting this to come. I think there are probably many other unreported ones. Is this the reason why in some JB projects, after some time, there is little or no maintenance? Owners just dump their properties and few contribute to the sinking fund.

Come 2017/18, I think there will be more bank foreclosures and buyers dumping their Iskandar properties.

It may not be that the buyers have gone bankrupt or cannot pay. It could also be that they are bleeding paying for something that gives them too little or no returns. Cut losses now or bleed till half dead paying the loans for the next 20-30 years on something that is a liability.

People at this point in time just don't understand the difference between buying something that has value and demand, versus something that is cheap and what they THINK will do well. The latter is gamble. Like buying cheap $2 4D every week hoping you can win any of the prizes.

Some talk about having the "holding power" in Iskandar. That again, is like buying the same 4D number for years, telling yourself "if I hold on long enough, surely it will strike 1st prize one day!" Again, a very risky assumption. No one says that cannot happen. But careful investors always weigh their risks vs being successful in their investment. For Iskandar condos, seriously??? Are you investing for yourself or for your great grandchildren? If you are talking about investing for 50 years later, then maybe. But who can predict that long a future? Might as well buy a cheap, uninhabited far away island now and hope that in 50 years' time, it will make your great grandchildren rich next time!

A disclaimer though. If you have excess money, really dunno where to put it any more, then you are "safe". In the sense that, even if you lose this sum, you won't feel much pain. If you can sell at a profit next time (a big question mark here), it's a huge bonus. But for many common folks, I don't think they are in this financially comfortable position.

Even scarier - first distressed sale at imperia by the look of it:

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...or-sale-by-ken-wan-21860114?ref=ls|normal|1|1

Rentals not covering payments, DIBS ran out..

Holding power, low leverage as ever, remain key.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does being boys to men have to do with anything with investing in Puteri Harbour / Iskandar, if you do not have enough money and the bank is foreclosing on you? The line is to draw between the stupid and the smart as Mpan12 already stated. Do not get offended, it is the brutal truth.

Mpan12 sounds like your son.

Do rush down to SPH auditorium warn these stupid folks...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-investment-at-property-seminar-showcase-2016

SINGAPORE - Despite the lacklustre property market in Singapore, more than 500 turned up at the Singapore Press Holdings' (SPH) auditorium on Saturday (Jan 23) for the first day of a property seminar and showcase featuring overseas properties.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please. I bought bank shares in q1 '09. If I'd lost money, I'd have shrugged. I made money - it did NOT make me astute, that would be me re-writing the history on what was just...a bet. Except...I moved on from that investment. Sounds to me like you were lucky on the upswing and still live off the glory of those buys.

Most people have the reasonable nature to count their blessings when they come, not run around saying how great they are and how rubbish everyone else is. Life and investments are a throw of the dice, now matter how much we research the tackiness of the felt and the aerodynamics of the die, they fall where they will.