• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
While I am not indicating that JB is a safe haven, the fact is that during my 10-15 years of roaming around Johor Bahru all the way to Saleng and Senai, the crime rate has indeed gone down drastically and the police's standard bucked up to Singapore s' standard in the 1990s. While Singapore police and ICA has been degenerating with filth & corruption, Johor authorities have surpassed the Singapore side in the immigration clearance by a fair distance. I am surprised a few STATE Custom directors were arrested by MACC and charged in court for corruption. This will never happen in the 1990s.

2 weeks ago, I was returning to Singapore at 3am in the morning in the isolated roundabout outside East Ledang. Then came the blink blink from the Proton Waja patrol behind demanding me to stop even though I dint commit any traffic offences. This was the 50th or 60th time I was stopped in Malaysia in the last decade. While stopping, I reached to my glove compartment as usual and took out my wallet and fish out RM50 protection money by default and slip into my pocket. I was electrified when the 4 friendly Malay policemen alighted from their car and asked for my driving licence, NRIC, passport and politely asked me where I am heading to and why I am out so late etc etc. I thought I was dreaming. They actually asked the questions that Singapore police are asking me when I kena road block in Singapore Clarke quay area. No more asking for ringgit. Before they left, one of them spoke to me in halting English to drive safely as its total darkness around that stretch of highway.

Indeed, Iskandar progress shocked me. The first time I drove around the huge tract of land which are mainly sand and gravel in 2006 or 7 till now, things have changed.

The Singapore govt can rest on their laurels for all they care and import millions of trash into this big rubbish dump for all they care. I am going to enjoy my life elsewhere at 25% of the Singapore cost anyway.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, only few of us here in this forum knows things are slowly getting better otherwise we wouldn't have invested. Most Singaporeans' mindset will only change slowly a few year's down the road when more developments are up while SG's quality is slowly lowered.

For me, I really enjoy my trips up with friends and family and can't wait to retire there permanently. Always believe stress is the no.1 killer.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Those who haven't had the chance to explore Nusajaya ( the last time they visited JB is 1980 using the old kastam and they only know the existence of City Square ) will get a shock once they visit Nusajaya come 2020.

By then, Sunway Iskandar, Meldini, PH, Gleneagles, Pinewoods, racing circuit etc will form the full jig-saw puzzle. Seriously, its sick. Its like Singapore btw 1980-1990 except its 10 times better and larger scale.

True, only few of us here in this forum knows things are slowly getting better otherwise we wouldn't have invested. Most Singaporeans' mindset will only change slowly a few year's down the road when more developments are up while SG's quality is slowly lowered.

For me, I really enjoy my trips up with friends and family and can't wait to retire there permanently. Always believe stress is the no.1 killer.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Those who haven't had the chance to explore Nusajaya ( the last time they visited JB is 1980 using the old kastam and they only know the existence of City Square ) will get a shock once they visit Nusajaya come 2020.

By then, Sunway Iskandar, Meldini, PH, Gleneagles, Pinewoods, racing circuit etc will form the full jig-saw puzzle. Seriously, its sick. Its like Singapore btw 1980-1990 except its 10 times better and larger scale.

They no need to see so many.
Just wait till Sunway Iskander is fully up can already. Wonder what will they think as township living is a very new concept for many Singaporeans? Condos, landed, clubhouse, offices, hotels, Sunway medical, Sunway college, Monash U, Sunway theme park, shopping centres with hypermart, pubs, beach, river, lakes....etc. all at their doorsteps. Also 5 mins from 2nd link. And I believe many Malaysians have quite a good impression of Sunway.

Price of RM600-700psf for this upcoming Citrine apt pre-launch next week, although lease is 129yrs, quite tempting. About S$260k for 1087sf 2 bedder after discount.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I missed the Sunway @ Ipoh development some years back because its 99 years leasehold. Before I knew it, the development was up and running and RM 300psf bungalows suddenly shoot up to RM 800psf.

I realise 99 years lease in Malaysia doesn't really mean its condemned. And I realise Malaysia properties prices can shoot up even without Singapore dollars flooding in.

Just wait till Sunway Iskander is fully up can already. Wonder what will they think as township living is a very new concept for many Singaporeans? Condos, landed, clubhouse, offices, hotels, Sunway medical, Sunway college, Monash U, Sunway theme park, shopping centres with hypermart, pubs, beach, river, lakes....etc. all at their doorsteps. Also 5 mins from 2nd link. And I believe many Malaysians have quite a good impression of Sunway.

Price of RM600-700psf for this upcoming Citrine apt pre-launch next week, although lease is 129yrs, quite tempting. About S$260k for 1087sf 2 bedder after discount.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I missed the Sunway @ Ipoh development some years back because its 99 years leasehold. Before I knew it, the development was up and running and RM 300psf bungalows suddenly shoot up to RM 800psf.

I realise 99 years lease in Malaysia doesn't really mean its condemned. And I realise Malaysia properties prices can shoot up even without Singapore dollars flooding in.

I have seen Sunway grow from mining land to what it is today. Properties in Malaysia is still attractive if you know where to pick and it will be very worthwhile. Not only you buy into a good location, it is important that you buy the best lot within that good location. If it is not your choice lot, just walk away. There's always another project. And not necessarily be limited to residential projects.

Leasehold is not necessarily bad. I had transactions that leasehold approvals come within 3 months. But theer are some that come after 7 months. It all depend on the local government's land office. I suppose if it is for own stay, freehold or leasehold does not really matter.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chairman of Sunway is behold to Singapore LKY as he was saved by him when Sunway is financial difficulty during the Asian crisis. Heard from him during a meeting where Sunway is interested to look at Energy saving.
I have seen Sunway grow from mining land to what it is today. Properties in Malaysia is still attractive if you know where to pick and it will be very worthwhile. Not only you buy into a good location, it is important that you buy the best lot within that good location. If it is not your choice lot, just walk away. There's always another project. And not necessarily be limited to residential projects.

Leasehold is not necessarily bad. I had transactions that leasehold approvals come within 3 months. But theer are some that come after 7 months. It all depend on the local government's land office. I suppose if it is for own stay, freehold or leasehold does not really matter.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually buying Sunway is a sure-win ( I aint no Sunway Iskandar Salesman ).

Singapore's GIC, if I am not wrong, is the 2nd largest shareholder.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi by the way where did you get this price of RM 600-700psf from?

The sales who kept in contact with me told me it starts from RM 700+ psf ...

IF it is RM 600psf then it is an ultra bestest price.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chairman of Sunway is behold to Singapore LKY as he was saved by him when Sunway is financial difficulty during the Asian crisis. Heard from him during a meeting where Sunway is interested to look at Energy saving.

Jeffery Cheah was indeed in deep financial problems in 1997. He borrowed in Euro then and ended up nearly bust. But the banks rallied around him as he is has a good track record. Rather he borrowed so much that banks could not afford him to go bankrupt. But all those are in the past. Sunway is a very well known township developer.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
He went to Genting Grp for help then and was given a raw deal.I had dealing with Genting and they are not very forward looking.
Jeffery Cheah was indeed in deep financial problems in 1997. He borrowed in Euro then and ended up nearly bust. But the banks rallied around him as he is has a good track record. Rather he borrowed so much that banks could not afford him to go bankrupt. But all those are in the past. Sunway is a very well known township developer.

Last edited:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m honour to have the opportunity to have a seesion with Jeffrey is quite friendly and share with us that he never sit at the rear seat in his chauffer driven car for safety reason. Problem of being too rich. He knows education is important and is willing to help chinese in particular in malaysia. Hence, he set up the Sunway University.
That's pretty amazing and pretty rare case. You were really lucky in that sense.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m honour to have the opportunity to have a seesion with Jeffrey is quite friendly and share with us that he never sit at the rear seat in his chauffer driven car for safety reason. Problem of being too rich. He knows education is important and is willing to help chinese in particular in malaysia. Hence, he set up the Sunway University.

I too had this opportunity when we had a TEC forum with him too. He was telling us how he aspired to model Sunway after he visited the Australian theme parks at Gold Coast. Thereafter he bought into the Wild Wild World themepark near Paramatta, Sydney. He also told us how he nearly went bust before crawling back. He is such a humble guy.
It is quite a success story in the 80s as he transformed the waste of a mining land, full of sand with no trees and deep mining pools all over into Sunway Resort and Shopping, hotels, condos and residentials. Now it has Sunway International School, Sunway University, Sunway Medical Center and Monash Uni. within its grounds. At one time it even had a monorail serving its grounds.

Sunway Iskandar is modelled after this Sunway development. I believe even if it can achieve 70% of the development today, it is already a success.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi by the way where did you get this price of RM 600-700psf from?

The sales who kept in contact with me told me it starts from RM 700+ psf ...

IF it is RM 600psf then it is an ultra bestest price.

Hi, was at the sales gallery last Wed.
Was quoted starting price RM600psf for bigger units 15++sf and RM800psf for 1 bedder 6++sf after disc.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only setback of such large development is that you will be staying in a construction site for the next 10 years after your condo TOP. Rental could also be dampened. Still prefer smaller project.
Hi, was at the sales gallery last Wed.
Was quoted starting price RM600psf for bigger units 15++sf and RM800psf for 1 bedder 6++sf after disc.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only setback of such large development is that you will be staying in a construction site for the next 10 years after your condo TOP. Rental could also be dampened. Still prefer smaller project.

Very true. Just that for this price, concept and location, really seems quite attractive. And was told Sunway college will also be completed around the same time as this apt in 2017, so possible can start renting out quite early?