• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like a great place to rest and relax.

just thinking

encorp 538 units
imperia 246
teega 1500
sommerset 168
pinetree 260
puteri cove 1000+

if all the above units are fully sold and presuming
just 1 pax per unit, ph would be
crowded with more than 3500 people already.
and thats being conservative. what about kota iskandar staff?
i dont know how many there are but i guess should be quite a number.
what about the tourist. wow!
do u hv any idea the number of amenities needed?

View attachment 14995

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
HTML:
The condo that I am staying in Singapore is three times the price psf of puteri cove. Its a great place for me to retire so I don't think I will ever sell it. S$500psf is a great great steal in this part of the world.
I believe even if prices appreciate by 30 percent and based on say 1mil ringgit purchase, gain after tax is only abt sgp100k hence it's not a big motivation to sell. I believe those who bought into such area are more for retirement or holiday home rather than flipping. At least for myself, if I don't see a substantial gain, I will not sell but use for retirement purpose. Imagine staying there and rent out current property in Sgp, that is a value proposition.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like a great place to rest and relax.

Thus far, my few times there, I see the crowd are mainly professionals and upmarket environment. The place is maintained properly (in Malaysia, its a rarity), the prices of apts and restaurants are upscale but affordable in Sgp context, hence it can be a great place to chill out. I hope the security and maintenance is continued especially the roads in front of Traders. The marina and clubhouse areas are very well maintained so far, I would say.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
my experience is opposite. i felt angmoh are more lansi in malaysia cos got more locals kowtow to them. here in sgpore you all dare to fight back.

Bro wait til melayu "mengamok" then no stopping.... Smile, smile let you call him all kinds of name and "pijak kepala" THEN wind change, run for cover.......:biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure or not?! I haven't never once seen an Ang mo misbehave in Malaysia. Even my neighbours to my immediate left and right were downright humble when I stayed in JB for 2-3 years. They were from UK and US. Both families even greeted strangers everytime they see one passing by their house

my experience is opposite. i felt angmoh are more lansi in malaysia cos got more locals kowtow to them. here in sgpore you all dare to fight back.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone know go Malaysia be cautious got robbers...got pai kia....go pai lang...sure be extra nice. Singapore is super safe...people also scare of sun...image is sissy place...sure got bully

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure or not?! I haven't never once seen an Ang mo misbehave in Malaysia. Even my neighbours to my immediate left and right were downright humble when I stayed in JB for 2-3 years. They were from UK and US. Both families even greeted strangers everytime they see one passing by their house

Blame the media bro. Reporting, misbehaving Angmo in Muslim country always come out worse. Kena dealt with first sometimes harshly then later either ignore issue and explain away ( very rare ). Too late then for them. So they rather behave then run afoul in Muslim countries...... Sorry, in Singapore excuses are made for their bad behavior and they get away with it. Been to a few of this gatherings and they do not regard auth. in Singapore or her laws very much.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah it does seem quite obvious that ang mo don't really get jailed for road rage or violent crime while the same crimes committed by locals will see him incarcerated.

So far the ang mos at Puteri Harbour that I go to for dinner seriously are so well-behaved that I still cant believe. And they really don't push their luck too far unless when they are in Singapore. Here they can cycle across the road and even challenge people to whack him. Or point middle finger to anyone they deemed fit

Blame the media bro. Reporting, misbehaving Angmo in Muslim country always come out worse. Kena dealt with first sometimes harshly then later either ignore issue and explain away ( very rare ). Too late then for them. So they rather behave then run afoul in Muslim countries...... Sorry, in Singapore excuses are made for their bad behavior and they get away with it. Been to a few of this gatherings and they do not regard auth. in Singapore or her laws very much.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think I needed to brush up my Comprehension skills to match yours. From what is written factually I only see 450 units launched and 370 units sold from those 450 units.

Facts are half correct. Yes 2nd launched total 450 units (as explained, new Tower 2 plus left over from 1st launch of tower1), and sold on that particular day alone is definitely NOT 370 units, if I may count on their chart , only 60 units sold for new tower2 , so how can they sell 370 units on that 2nd launched?? Don't you smell RATS....

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe need to drop by to have a closer look. They actually block off whole floors donno for what reasons. Could be overseas release or corporate bulk purchase.

Facts are half correct. Yes 2nd launched total 450 units (as explained, new Tower 2 plus left over from 1st launch of tower1), and sold on that particular day alone is definitely NOT 370 units, if I may count on their chart , only 60 units sold for new tower2 , so how can they sell 370 units on that 2nd launched?? Don't you smell RATS....

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri Cove 3 towers remind me of MBS @ 20% of the price and on freehold land. Maybe they should build an infinity pool on the rooftop and invite KuDeTa over to set up shop.

MBS would be happy to collect lots of money from suing for copyright. But they do have an infinity pool on one of their high floors for a fantastic view.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, haven't got time to drop by but I read from either Straits Times or Today yesterday that our of the 400+ units launched this time, over 300 units were sold ( out of the 400+ ).

I don't think it will be a sell-out, because there are buyers who only want to buy the highest floor with marina and sea facing. I remember when I was queuing up for balloting and after I purchased my units which were the premium views, buyers behind me on the Q simply told their agents to give up and just left. I also told my agents frankly that if the units I wanted were taken by the buyers in front of me, I wont even consider other units and thanks for their time

Bro PuteriWorld, await your intelligent analysis after you drop by.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
From The Edge Malaysia

Why another Iskandar launch falters?
Since the latter part of last year, we have written extensively on the anticipated slowdown of the property market in Malaysia.

We paid particular attention to Iskandar, Johor. From literary plantation estates and nothing more, it became the “Promised land” to many developers, investors and property owners.

Over the last few months, there has been a series of mega land deals, some involving land reclamation. This has shocked the market and changed sentiment.

The latest launch last weekend is by Singapore-based Pacific Star Development Pte Ltd in Puteri Harbour, Iskandar. The Puteri Cove project comprises three 33-storey residential towers with almost 1,000 units on 7.8 acres of land.

Tower 1, with 329 units, was launched several months ago and currently has a roughly 70% booking rate.

Tower 2, also with 329 units and 33 storeys, was launched last weekend. It attracted a booking rate of only about 25%.

The poor response to Puteri Cove is in sharp contrast to the launch of the nearby Teega project by UEM Sunrise Bhd in late 2012, which was 98% sold within a month of its launch.

Apart from the now weaker overall market sentiment, there may also be some other reasons for the poor take up at Puteri Cove.

One major reason could be pricing. The “sea view” units are priced at between RM1,300 to RM1,450 psf. The “marina view” units are priced at between RM1,500 to RM1,600 psf.

These prices are higher than the top end of the market in terms of new launches in the area, in a now weaker environment.

Meanwhile, there is also the issue of design. A property investor commented that the design layout of the building looks like flats, with long corridors and up to 14 units per floor served by four central passenger lifts and a service lift.

It remains to be seen whether Puteri Cove’s poor launch take-up rate is due more to the weaker property market or its pricing or other issues.

Whatever the case, it highlights two important lessons.

One, Iskandar is like the goose that lays the golden egg. Don’t kill it by over-expanding development and supply.

Two, a more challenging market means developers must offer their customers a better all-round value proposition.

Read more on this in The Edge this week.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad.. At least they sold 1/4 of the units in Tower 2 given the govt curbs. In the long run it will still be a sell-out anyway. When I bought into my units at Horizon Hills the take - up rate was even slower @ 1 unit PER WEEK sometimes.

From The Edge Malaysia

Why another Iskandar launch falters?
Since the latter part of last year, we have written extensively on the anticipated slowdown of the property market in Malaysia.

We paid particular attention to Iskandar, Johor. From literary plantation estates and nothing more, it became the “Promised land” to many developers, investors and property owners.

Over the last few months, there has been a series of mega land deals, some involving land reclamation. This has shocked the market and changed sentiment.

The latest launch last weekend is by Singapore-based Pacific Star Development Pte Ltd in Puteri Harbour, Iskandar. The Puteri Cove project comprises three 33-storey residential towers with almost 1,000 units on 7.8 acres of land.

Tower 1, with 329 units, was launched several months ago and currently has a roughly 70% booking rate.

Tower 2, also with 329 units and 33 storeys, was launched last weekend. It attracted a booking rate of only about 25%.

The poor response to Puteri Cove is in sharp contrast to the launch of the nearby Teega project by UEM Sunrise Bhd in late 2012, which was 98% sold within a month of its launch.

Apart from the now weaker overall market sentiment, there may also be some other reasons for the poor take up at Puteri Cove.

One major reason could be pricing. The “sea view” units are priced at between RM1,300 to RM1,450 psf. The “marina view” units are priced at between RM1,500 to RM1,600 psf.

These prices are higher than the top end of the market in terms of new launches in the area, in a now weaker environment.

Meanwhile, there is also the issue of design. A property investor commented that the design layout of the building looks like flats, with long corridors and up to 14 units per floor served by four central passenger lifts and a service lift.

It remains to be seen whether Puteri Cove’s poor launch take-up rate is due more to the weaker property market or its pricing or other issues.

Whatever the case, it highlights two important lessons.

One, Iskandar is like the goose that lays the golden egg. Don’t kill it by over-expanding development and supply.

Two, a more challenging market means developers must offer their customers a better all-round value proposition.

Read more on this in The Edge this week.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very interesting contradictory news for Puteri Cove:

ST: "met with strong demand"

Edge: "launch falters"

Who to believe?