• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
CV3GGnYWEAAIxzQ.png

This discussion is never ending, so just let it die.

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rent may be an option but better not stay in hotel too much for hygenic reasons.

Could search online what/which people usually do in hotels or how quickly hotel staff manage to clean up rooms. i do not mean those 2 or 3 stars or hostels.

There are so many options in retirement.

Some prefer to have a sweet young thing beside them every night while others like to have life long partners holding hands with them. Some like to while away at natural rubber plantations yet some like the shopping complexes with huge crowds in it. Personally I am the type who prefer to cook in my own house once a while and as far as I could, I prefer a serviced apartment or a home stay in my vacations. Appreciation of mother nature and giving back to society is my way of retirement, ie when I retire one day.

I try to avoid those hotel rooms no matter how long I stay in. It is still not my home. It is not money or plain economics but it is something in life that I prefer. Money is not absolute. Again everyone has their own set of priorities in life. Mine is just different and it doesn’t mean I am wrong or you are right.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many options in retirement.

Some prefer to have a sweet young thing beside them every night while others like to have life long partners holding hands with them. Some like to while away at natural rubber plantations yet some like the shopping complexes with huge crowds in it. Personally I am the type who prefer to cook in my own house once a while and as far as I could, I prefer a serviced apartment or a home stay in my vacations. Appreciation of mother nature and giving back to society is my way of retirement, ie when I retire one day.

I try to avoid those hotel rooms no matter how long I stay in. It is still not my home. It is not money or plain economics but it is something in life that I prefer. Money is not absolute. Again everyone has their own set of priorities in life. Mine is just different and it doesn’t mean I am wrong or you are right.

Malaysia is home to you, definitely is buy. But for sinkies? Most use it for investment and can't really live there.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rent may be an option but better not stay in hotel too much for hygenic reasons.

Could search online what/which people usually do in hotels or how quickly hotel staff manage to clean up rooms. i do not mean those 2 or 3 stars or hostels.

Better tell all sinkies and tourists to stay away from hotels in Puteri Harbour too.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is home to you, definitely is buy. But for sinkies? Most use it for investment and can't really live there.

Very honest answer.
Properties in Malaysia as a pure investment vehicle for foreigners is not a good option.
Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, London or NY are better.
The only reason why people invest (not for own stay) is proximity and knowledge of local conditions (but in reality it is very little they know).
Own stay is a different story.

So if you want to come in, come with very wide opened eyes.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am certainly no multi-millionaire with money in the bank to throw.:o I also agree with you fully that one does not have to be a property owner in JB to enjoy the cheap and good things in JB. If you like can also come in and out everyday (make sure have MACS lah!) and just go back Singapore to sleep. LOL!

When it comes to rental, one just have to be prepared that what you handed over at beginning of tenancy would often not look the same at the end of the tenancy. My Singapore HDB was like that. If you are lucky you get your house back in almost similar condition, if not just have to suck it up, claw back some security deposit and move on to next tenant. Is my HDB still an asset? Of course. For something to be an asset it does not have to always be increasing in value. A car is also an asset, but depreciating asset lor. Properties should be appreciating assets...and I believe the general trend of properties is that they appreciate over time. Maybe the time horizon differs, but over time it usually appreciates. For cash rich people they can always jump into bullish markets, be it Singapore or Australia or London, but for peasants like me, options are really limited. But it's either buy nothing in Singapore at all, or buy something in JB that can see and touch, and perhaps even use. And one that has your name on it as well. It's just that indescribable feeling of owning something, which is why some people prefer not to be on rental mode.

I have MACS for now ha ha

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very honest answer.
Properties in Malaysia as a pure investment vehicle for foreigners is not a good option.
Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, London or NY are better.
The only reason why people invest (not for own stay) is proximity and knowledge of local conditions (but in reality it is very little they know).
Own stay is a different story.

So if you want to come in, come with very wide opened eyes.

Good summary. Especially last part, hope all went in on that condition.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good on you! I renewed mine at IRDA office at JB...happy not to pay $35 in Singapore when it can be done for RM30 in JB.:biggrin:

I did MAC because my last passport filled up so quickly and SG passport expensive to renew, now at $35 per year, I may skip it and just renew passport when fully stamped.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought sporeans have to do it in spore?
btw where's Irda?

If you own a property in Malaysia can do it in JB. Just bring along a photocopy of front page of SPA, photocopy of passport, and passport photo, and RM30.:biggrin:

The office is located along Danga Bay, next to Tropez Residence Condo.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you own a property in Malaysia can do it in JB. Just bring along a photocopy of front page of SPA, photocopy of passport, and passport photo, and RM30.:biggrin:

The office is located along Danga Bay, next to Tropez Residence Condo.

Bro Frodo , how about children ? ( names not in SPA )

angmokio

Alfrescian
Loyal
if I don't own the house, my wife won, can bo?hehe

I had a Singaporean friend whom had the MACS done at 30rm at Johor CIQ customs. If were to take bus 170 or CW,It is located exactly at the same level as you scan the passport, meaning to say if you drop by bus at JB, you walk up the escalator and located at the right and an office just before you scan your passport and opens on weekdays. should be done at 20 mins