• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
True actually when one buys, he should know that the future views into Singapore will ultimately be blocked by PCR opposite or the potential condos by UEM ( if any ). So its best to just buy knowing that you have a perfect private marina view.

The finishing I heard is nothing to shout about compared to the 6-star finishing by the Spore developer opposite. Again, given the price, you cant complain. At least now you have a choice.. want a Pan Pacific standard, spend RM 200 psf more to buy those opposite. Want to do up your own reno? Buy this.

For 1000 sft, that will be rm200k. I am not sure if rm200k can get that kind of puteri cove finishing, the bathtub itself costs a fortune, and has to go thru the trouble of engaging ID and managing contractors. But Poor PCR, has to live with a view of a not so high class condo opposite.

rexmundi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and the opposite is true, from your southern marina unit you can see the nice PCR building. :p
PCR showflats look nice but ID not included in the purchase. If you like the design in the showflats, e.g.the walls, vanity mirror etc, you can engage the same ID through the developer. Additional cost, of course.

For 1000 sft, that will be rm200k. I am not sure if rm200k can get that kind of puteri cove finishing, the bathtub itself costs a fortune, and has to go thru the trouble of engaging ID and managing contractors. But Poor PCR, has to live with a view of a not so high class condo opposite.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Traders Hotel today.
Southern Marina is only launching 1 tower. The units comprises of 1+1 (769 sqft and 840 sqft, only facing public marina), 2+1 ( about 1200 to 1300sqft), 3+1 (>2000sqft). Sales package 5% discount + absord 2% state levy.
The price for 1+1 is about 1000+ psf ; the 2+1 is about 900+ psf. Majority of the units taken up are private marina facing.
Design is not so fantastic, porcelain tiles, bedrooms are engineered wood flooring. The bedrooms do not come with wardrobes.

The whole project consists of 3 strata titles:
the tower nearer to The Waves will have some office units.
The 2nd(currently launching) and 3rd tower will be under one strata title, sharing the same facilities.
The last tower which is nearest to the ferry terminal is the premium block, will be the last to launch. Those high floor units facing public marina will have very good view. But according to the sales person, this block will be the most expensive tower, which only has big units (about 2000sqft).

There will be no hotels in the whole project. Office units and retails yes.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange the company just issued official email with all the stunning packages and design of the units to all the buyers. Of course its sensitive issue and not broadcast to the outside just like how they black out the news on Pan Pacific entry.

I scanned through the PDF file and realize the finishing and the offerings from the lobby all the way into your main door and house... all are comparable to a 6 star hotel.

Well if they deliver what they promise then its a bonus as when we buy we didn't really look out for all these

Yes, and the opposite is true, from your southern marina unit you can see the nice PCR building. :p
PCR showflats look nice but ID not included in the purchase. If you like the design in the showflats, e.g.the walls, vanity mirror etc, you can engage the same ID through the developer. Additional cost, of course.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there is nothing intrinsically wrong with SMR. It look just like any other condos with high standards in Puteri Harbour and is several notches above other condos in JB. I don't think its low class at all after looking at the designs. Its classy in its own right. The issue is that the condo opposite has a developer who has a premium reputation to maintain and you know la the fact that it is a premium player of property development somemore from Singapore means it has to do "better" than the rest. That's why all of a sudden they started to throw out all the 6-star hotels finishing which makes Emerald Bay's finishing look ordinary.

The developer choose not to fight head-on with the one opposite but focus on pricing strategy, which is a very smart move. Its not that possible to fight a premium developer from Spore when it comes to finishing and quality. PS is the E&O of Singapore.. not even FEO, CapitaLand or CDL comes close ( as I am staying in a FEO residence in Singapore I know the quality is so-so but glossy overpriced )

One of the shareholders of SMR is the the equil of Singapore's Temasek Holdings and they don't really have a good reputation for a start.

But still, a RM 900+psf private marina view condos, freehold is a good good buy even for a bare unit. The only other developments I can think of is Seafront in Sunway but its not even freehold. You miss this chance and most probably there is no other development like this anymore in Nusajaya.

Again just to remind some pple here, RM 1million is now S$370k, the price of a 3-bedroom old government flat in Singapore. Used to be S$460k just 5-10 years ago.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange the company just issued official email with all the stunning packages and design of the units to all the buyers. Of course its sensitive issue and not broadcast to the outside just like how they black out the news on Pan Pacific entry.

I scanned through the PDF file and realize the finishing and the offerings from the lobby all the way into your main door and house... all are comparable to a 6 star hotel.

Well if they deliver what they promise then its a bonus as when we buy we didn't really look out for all these

I can see the reason why they release the info now, pcr is selling 1400 psf while opposite selling 1000+ psf. They will need to pacify the current buyer that it's still a good deal and also they need to highlight the selling points to sell the remaining units.
Based on my research, the buildings cost difference between a luxury condo and a medium standard condon is about 300-400 psf. It's still reasonable if pcr delivers the luxury condo it promises.
I still feel its a pity southern marina is not a luxury condo, being on such a prime land. Its going to be the skyline for the next 30 years.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 1400 for PCR should be the smaller units with super perfect views ( the best views in PH ) and all these are before rebates. After rebates should be RM 1350pf. The similar unit @ SMR is about RM 1200psf.

Tried to print out the pdf sent to buyers but seem they made it unprintable due to the restricted nature. Donno why they are so secretive about offering highest quality to buyers. Maybe they might decide to throw out bare units once TOP.

I shall just list down a few points they inserted.

1) Sky libraries.
2) Luxurious function rooms
3) Private dining rooms
4) Opulent lobbies.
5) Digital entry to all homes

Too bad I cant copy and paste the photos but the only time I see something like this is Emerald Bay advert. Not even the latest E&O 18 East in Penang comes close.

I can see the reason why they release the info now, pcr is selling 1400 psf while opposite selling 1000+ psf. They will need to pacify the current buyer that it's still a good deal and also they need to highlight the selling points to sell the remaining units.
Based on my research, the buildings cost difference between a luxury condo and a medium standard condon is about 300-400 psf. It's still reasonable if pcr delivers the luxury condo it promises.
I still feel its a pity southern marina is not a luxury condo, being on such a prime land. Its going to be the skyline for the next 30 years.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what you are refering to:
20150125_140413.jpg20150125_135808.jpg20150125_140324.jpg20150125_141513.jpg20150125_141258.jpg

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest this is my though and consideration when I am to choose between PC and SMR:

1. On the same floor let say 20th floor and similar size PC will cost about RM 2 mill and SMR will cost about RM 1.2 Mill)
2. In term of finishing of the unit its all pretty similar with SMR ducted aircond to living room and master room, excepted in PC its ducted in all the room. Both will also have bathtub. Kitchen cabinet and kitchen furnishing I think its similar with hood and hob, built in oven and fridge provided( brand not confirm yet but heard will be comparable to PC) The main different will be the wardrobe and all carpentry work and trust me with RM 200K dump in it will be luxurious and important is you will have a disntinct design and will not have exactly the same design like the rest of your neighbour. And wouldnt it be nice to be able to have all the room designed to your likeness rather than what have been decided by the developer.
3. I understand that SMR will not be selling their retail thus we can be assured that they will try to bring in some nice retail with their network and understand that they willl try to create a nice alfresco dining alone the promenade along their retail unit. As for PC I understand they will be selling their retail unit and to be honest I will prefer the retail to be managed by developer directly rather than own individual unit owner as deloper will have better connectiong especially we are talking about Robert Kuok.

This are my consideration and each will have their own preferences.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, what is important is the location and external outlook of the development. One can redo the internal furnishings with high quality finishes or fixtures, if you do not to like them.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
another nice aerial video of ph from above masjid kota iskandar

[video=youtube;hVRaNUjQsZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVRaNUjQsZ8[/video]

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my considerations would be size of project. Not too large.
To be honest this is my though and consideration when I am to choose between PC and SMR:

1. On the same floor let say 20th floor and similar size PC will cost about RM 2 mill and SMR will cost about RM 1.2 Mill)
2. In term of finishing of the unit its all pretty similar with SMR ducted aircond to living room and master room, excepted in PC its ducted in all the room. Both will also have bathtub. Kitchen cabinet and kitchen furnishing I think its similar with hood and hob, built in oven and fridge provided( brand not confirm yet but heard will be comparable to PC) The main different will be the wardrobe and all carpentry work and trust me with RM 200K dump in it will be luxurious and important is you will have a disntinct design and will not have exactly the same design like the rest of your neighbour. And wouldnt it be nice to be able to have all the room designed to your likeness rather than what have been decided by the developer.
3. I understand that SMR will not be selling their retail thus we can be assured that they will try to bring in some nice retail with their network and understand that they willl try to create a nice alfresco dining alone the promenade along their retail unit. As for PC I understand they will be selling their retail unit and to be honest I will prefer the retail to be managed by developer directly rather than own individual unit owner as deloper will have better connectiong especially we are talking about Robert Kuok.

This are my consideration and each will have their own preferences.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, what is important is the location and external outlook of the development. One can redo the internal furnishings with high quality finishes or fixtures, if you do not to like them.

Bro, of course I know that and agree with with you. Didn't you see that pcr selling at 1400 psf and ~200 psf more is already a fact and I was trying to smooth out the unbalance a little so both buyers of pcr and smr feels good, I was trying to drive a win-win situation so both pcr and smr can sell well :biggrin: I also hope puteri harbor will thrive.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Each project is unique. PH will be a good place for all owners.
Bro, of course I know that and agree with with you. Didn't you see that pcr selling at 1400 psf and ~200 psf more is already a fact and I was trying to smooth out the unbalance a little so both buyers of pcr and smr feels good, I was trying to drive a win-win situation so both pcr and smr can sell well :biggrin: I also hope puteri harbor will thrive.

rexmundi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hypothetically speaking, if, say, one has the means to own both PCR and SMR, is it a wise thing to buy both in PH or should one diversifies and invests in another area? Just like to know if anyone can share their thoughts on this.