• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I'm new to the forum..

Need advice - Is kinda weird... I'm financing on my own - so a cash buyer from Encorp's view (Ph1 project).
So far, I'd only paid a progressive round in 2013, together with the legal fee... and then no news no demand for payment since...
Thought there were supposedly some progressive payments in 2014, 2015 and so on? Checked with the lawyer.. they said haven't done to my floor yet... But, should I be really concerned?
Anyone has any clue if the development is on-going?

Have you paid up 20% ? I.e. up to the below ground work of the said building. If yes, no worries, the next payment will come only when the construction reaches your floor. I think imperia is still constructing the car park.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like your reply.

Someone LOST S$5.2 million ( RM 14.56 million ) selling away his or her Seascape condo, a leasehold seafronting ocean view in Sentosa recently. I was rather surprised the media never pick this up yet. Shocking news to me really. Small time hawkers like me only have $350k to lose in PH but even then, I will still stay in PH. Its a dream come true for small timers like us who got no money to buy properties with seaviews in Asian's Financial Hub

Come what may to the property market, Puteri Harbour is still Puteri Harbour.
It stands up head and shoulders above all.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property investment around the world only depends on holding power.
If you have holding power then it shouldn't be a problem.
Flipping in this current scenario regardless in Singapore of Malaysia is probably not a good idea.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
For these people its small change to them and they will not even think about it as they would have make tons more elsewhere already. PH is low base for small timers like us so different place different league. Recent drop in MYR (from 2.5 to 2.8) already helped a lot.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
For these people its small change to them and they will not even think about it as they would have make tons more elsewhere already. PH is low base for small timers like us so different place different league. Recent drop in MYR (from 2.5 to 2.8) already helped a lot.

For Singaporeans, PH is low base.
For Malaysians, it is extremely high base.
For some it is small change
For me, it is a big bullock cart wheel especially I am earning MYR. :(

But you need to learn how to ignore counting pennies, otherwise investment is not fun anymore.
There's always sunshine on the other side.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, reminder today is SMR ( Southern Marina Residences ) official launching. Now should be too late to enter Malaysia ( 822am ) as I saw the jam at Tuas is atrocious even at 7am.

puteriha2706_620_388_100.jpg

(From right) Southern Marina director Chan Swee Hong and chairman Lim Soon Huat, PPB director Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye and Southern Marina CEO Chew Yeow Hwei at the launch of sales and exhibition gallery in Puteri Harbour today. — Bernama pic

NUSAJAYA, June 27 — PPB Group Bhd today launched a mixed development project, Southern Marina in Puteri Harbour here with a total gross development value (GDV) of RM1.5 billion.

To be built on a 5.05 hectare piece of land, the freehold development project is a joint venture between PPB Group, Kuok Brothers Sdn Bhd and Khazanah Nasional Bhd.

Thirty per cent of the equity will come from Khazanah Nasional with PPB and Kuok accounting for the remaining.

Managing director Lim Soon Huat said phase one of the development comprising a podium, quayside retails and two towers housing 456 condominiums (Southern Marina Residences) had commenced recently.

“Piling is almost done and we will begin soon with the super structure and I think by early 2018, we should be able to hand over the condominiums to the buyer,” he told reporters after launching the project here today.

Southern Marina Residences features five different models for purchasers to chose from with a starting price of RM880 per square foot.

Lim said phase two and three of the development, comprising the Southern Marina offices and suites and, seafront residences would likely commence early next year.

“We are taking our time as you can see we bought the land in 2013, and it took us a while to plan because we want to see a nice and beautiful development in this area,” he said, adding that the entire development was expected to be completed by 2019. — Bernama

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m....5b-southern-marina-project-in-puteri-harbour

http://www.theedgeproperty.com/my/content/southern-marina-residences-officially-launched

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Singaporeans, PH is low base.
For Malaysians, it is extremely high base.
For some it is small change
For me, it is a big bullock cart wheel especially I am earning MYR. :(

But you need to learn how to ignore counting pennies, otherwise investment is not fun anymore.
There's always sunshine on the other side.

The peak of condo properties was around Q4 2013. Buyers who enter in 2013-2014 might see a correction of 10-20% off their purchase price if they try to sell upon VP in 2015-2017. So it is better to hold for the long term.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
This piece of news caught my eyes too.. 47% loss in 3.4 yrs

I like your reply.

Someone LOST S$5.2 million ( RM 14.56 million ) selling away his or her Seascape condo, a leasehold seafronting ocean view in Sentosa recently. I was rather surprised the media never pick this up yet. Shocking news to me really. Small time hawkers like me only have $350k to lose in PH but even then, I will still stay in PH. Its a dream come true for small timers like us who got no money to buy properties with seaviews in Asian's Financial Hub

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is why I am always encouraging my friends who are big bosses to hop into PH to buy 1-2 condos for retirement. They wont lose S$5million even if they want to.

Since they are your 'friends' I am assuming that you are asking them to buy only after the prices in Puteri Harbour fall below RM 300 PSF. Right?

Danga Bay? I am not even looking at anywhere near that area. My Malaysian friends are waiting for Puteri Harbour prices to drop to RM 300psf so we can retire together. Even if Danga Bay or any other condos falls to RM 200psf, we are not even looking at it.

BTW, that will be a long drawn, slow and painful way to retirement ..........

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different equity shareholding and hence different profit sharing.
UEM is a majority shareholder of UEM Sunrise whereas UEM Group is wholly owned.
So if want to sue for misrepresentation of Sale or non performance of contractual, join UEM in the suit besides Sunrise and Group.....

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if want to sue for misrepresentation of Sale or non performance of contractual, join UEM in the suit besides Sunrise and Group.....

Contractual obigation of S & P is only between UEM Sunrise or its vehicle to do this project and buyers.
Nothing to do with UEM company. They are different companies.
Careful who you sue if not get counter sue back. Jialat then.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contractual obigation of S & P is only between UEM Sunrise or its vehicle to do this project and buyers.

This transaction as I understand is for the office block only and not for the residential block. So, it has nothing to do with the buyers of Imperia residences. The office block units are not being sold (unlike Teega). They will be used for UEM offices. So I am not sure who will sue who.

Just a thought - perhaps they sold it to UEM Group as this will be used for UEM offices and not just UEM sunrise offices??

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course, if ever pursuing that course of action, the Lawyers would be able to advise, but as a Parent company, I would think they could be joined in a course of action if subsidiaries are involved as is stated in English courts.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, if ever pursuing that course of action, the Lawyers would be able to advise, but as a Parent company, I would think they could be joined in a course of action if subsidiaries are involved as is stated in English courts.

Malaisia different ma. These developers very smart one. Thay use different company for different projects. And these are private limited companies.
Unless you have the parent company give undertaking or corporate guarantee to individual buyers and in a supplementary contract, you can't touch them. You can onli go for the "project company".

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since they are your 'friends' I am assuming that you are asking them to buy only after the prices in Puteri Harbour fall below RM 300 PSF. Right?

Actually most of them heard of the Ultra-Super oversupply of Condos in Iskandar from this forum and Singapore media hence they are flocking to Iskandar with cash ready to snap up condos in PH or Medini @ RM 300psf. But the sad reality is that the Singapore property market is probably more ailing than those in PH or Medini.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My estimation is that the cost price to build a medium quality condo in malaysia is about 400-600 rm psf, less the price of the land. Any price below this the developer might as well freeze the project. The cost to build a condo is not cheap, 300 rm psf can only happen when a lot of owners cannot service the loan and has to force sell.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why we cant depend on the developers to dish out RM 300psf condos. Only can wait for investors to off-load. With the latest positive ratings by an international agency, RM3.00 is a distant dream. I hope it wont go down to RM 2.50 but sadly, it is heading that direction.

My estimation is that the cost price to build a medium quality condo in malaysia is about 400-600 rm psf, less the price of the land. Any price below this the developer might as well freeze the project. The cost to build a condo is not cheap, 300 rm psf can only happen when a lot of owners cannot service the loan and has to force sell.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why we cant depend on the developers to dish out RM 300psf condos. Only can wait for investors to off-load. With the latest positive ratings by an international agency, RM3.00 is a distant dream. I hope it wont go down to RM 2.50 but sadly, it is heading that direction.

There have been confirmed resale transactions in Imperia ranging from 1100 to 1300 psf in the last 2 months. Agents are getting a lot of enquiries from prospective buyers. Also, Southern Marina, which is higher density and has slightly lower end finishings compared with Imperia, is seeing healthy sales ranging from 900 to 1100+ psf. Majority of buyers being Malaysians. Yes, gone are the days when people lined up in the heat to buy Teega units, however, RM 300 or anywhere close to that at least in Puteri Harbour is also a distant dream.