• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plan for 2 convention centres in Iskandar to capture Mice market

Posted on July 18, 2014 | 30 views | Topic : Property News.

BY ZAZALI MUSA

JOHOR BARU: Two new international convention centres will be built in Iskandar Malaysia within the next three years to capitalise on the meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (Mice) market.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said the multi-billion ringgit projects would be located in Medini, Nusajaya and the Senai-Kulai flagship development zones.

“The Mice market is rapidly growing in Iskandar Malaysia in recent years but we lack facilities of international levels to cater to the needs,” he said after witnessing the signing of the hospitality partnership between Metropoint TAFE College and Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Renaissance Hotel and Traders Hotel here yesterday.

He said the Persada Johor International Convention was not enough to cater to the Mice segment.

Ismail declined to provide details on the upcoming convention centres including the gross development value and the developers.

“It is good to have them (the centres) in Nusajaya and the Senai-Kulai zones instead of the city centre as we need to spread the Mice business to other zones in the economic region,” he said.

He said there was a shortage of hotel rooms in Iskandar Malaysia as the 6,600 hotel rooms to be available by 2015 would be insufficient to cater to tourist arrivals.

“Hotels in Iskandar Malaysia recorded good occupancy rates and we need 5,000 rooms especially five-star hotels for business travellers,” said Ismail.

Most of foreign and domestic tourists visiting Singapore preferred to stay in Johor Baru as the hotel rates here were much cheaper than those in the republic.

Launched on Nov 4, 2006, Iskandar Malaysia covers 2,217 sq km and is three times bigger than Singapore and double the size of Hong Kong.

It is divided into five flagship development zones – the JB City Centre, Nusajaya, Eastern Gate Development Zone, Western Gate Development Zone and Senai-Kulai.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trying to scare drivers about the jam. Actual $ should be spent increasing the number of processing counters than these gimmicks.

look at the red pointer at the vast straits. they can always get this water taxis ready and human traffic movement will be greatly eased. i think spore side is deliberating probably due to security concerns otherwise i tell you all of us can take a breather and spore tpt companies will be doing a roaring business. now everybody is simply waiting like forever for them to agree on the rail link.

tuas.jpg

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a recent article:"

Given a choice, some industry stalwarts like state-owned UEM Sunrise, the master developer of Nusajaya - one of five of Iskandar's flagship zones - would prefer to set itself apart from the worrying pace of activity happening some 14 km away.

"Our projects are different and much more total than any other developer in this region. You can't compare Danga Bay with Puteri Harbour," says UEM group managing director and chief executive Izzaddin Idris, who is also chief executive of UEM Sunrise.

Nusajaya's story, as is the rest of Iskandar, is not solely premised on real estate as it's backed by an impressive array of other offerings - LegoLand, Pinewood Studios, EduCity, Motorsports City and Nusajaya Tech Park - dubbed the catalytic footfall projects in the area.

"I'm concerned, and yet, I'm not," he said, when asked if the pace of developments in the zone is worrying.

But he warns that if the building boom is not done measuredly, there are big risks.

"High-density developments could create abandoned communities. If they (developers) can't sell the units or they are sold to parties who are merely investors looking to rent them out, they can become abandoned. That's my concern. I pray hard it doesn't happen."

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://travel.feedfury.com/content/...r-hotel-at-puteri-harbour-nusajaya-johor.html

didn't know that SKYBAR at Trader's PH k be so happening.

I can't wait for the day where a proper boat show will be held here in PH.

I was there mid of last month. At the bar ordering some drinks with my party of chicks. Comes the waiter saying I need to vacate the place by 9.30pm cos there's a party going on. At 9pm, this ang moh chick in the skimpiest bikini and her posse turns up for the pool party, making sure the pool is in order and the tables are set out right. Of course we became friends and we had a whale of a time...

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not only SkyBar is amazing. I strolled around last week and realise the level facing marina has a few more outlets which has entertaining chicks. Not mother hens but chicks

I was there mid of last month. At the bar ordering some drinks with my party of chicks. Comes the waiter saying I need to vacate the place by 9.30pm cos there's a party going on. At 9pm, this ang moh chick in the skimpiest bikini and her posse turns up for the pool party, making sure the pool is in order and the tables are set out right. Of course we became friends and we had a whale of a time...

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not only SkyBar is amazing. I strolled around last week and realise the level facing marina has a few more outlets which has entertaining chicks. Not mother hens but chicks

That's great!...how's weekday crowd?....weekend is kinda of difficult for me...thought of having a drink there on weekday night...which days do you guys recommend? ...thought somebody wanna organize some drinks trip down ?:smile:
Btw , anybody know when will handing of keys over for somerset (I'm vested there)...thought it should be ready pretty soon....

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
weekday nights shouldn't be noisy. But the thing about Johor is that since Friday is a "weekend", thur to sundays you will see some crowds from Malaysia and Singapore. The place is getting vibrant and I cant believe there are no residents yet.

That's great!...how's weekday crowd?....weekend is kinda of difficult for me...thought of having a drink there on weekday night...which days do you guys recommend? ...thought somebody wanna organize some drinks trip down ?:smile:
Btw , anybody know when will handing of keys over for somerset (I'm vested there)...thought it should be ready pretty soon....

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is yours leaseback or own residential use?

Cos for the leaseback ones, it will be handed over directly to Operator for fitting out.

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is yours leaseback or own residential use?

Cos for the leaseback ones, it will be handed over directly to Operator for fitting out.

My is leaseback..you got your keys already? ...met up with some umland guys a couple months back in kl , they are expecting keys handover in July...thanks...

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a recent article:"

Given a choice, some industry stalwarts like state-owned UEM Sunrise, the master developer of Nusajaya - one of five of Iskandar's flagship zones - would prefer to set itself apart from the worrying pace of activity happening some 14 km away.

"Our projects are different and much more total than any other developer in this region. You can't compare Danga Bay with Puteri Harbour," says UEM group managing director and chief executive Izzaddin Idris, who is also chief executive of UEM Sunrise.

Nusajaya's story, as is the rest of Iskandar, is not solely premised on real estate as it's backed by an impressive array of other offerings - LegoLand, Pinewood Studios, EduCity, Motorsports City and Nusajaya Tech Park - dubbed the catalytic footfall projects in the area.

"I'm concerned, and yet, I'm not," he said, when asked if the pace of developments in the zone is worrying.

But he warns that if the building boom is not done measuredly, there are big risks.

"High-density developments could create abandoned communities. If they (developers) can't sell the units or they are sold to parties who are merely investors looking to rent them out, they can become abandoned. That's my concern. I pray hard it doesn't happen."

+++++++++++
Hi Dfiris ,mind sharing where you manage to get this article....Like the read the full article. Thanks..