• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEM Sunrise has a long term view given their huge land bank. You can expect very competitive pricing from uem projects in the near future.

UEM objective right now is to create a lively community in Nusajaya as soon as possible.

I feel we have not reach that point yet, although we are getting closer.

Was there about 2 weeks back, the figure as indeed about +60% sold. Noticed there was one penthouse left (slightly more than 2,000 sf), selling close to RM1,000 psf :biggrin:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Puteri area, wouldn't condo be also over supply although it's unlikely to be as bad as in the old Johor town but it should also start to face similar problems right?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Puteri area, wouldn't condo be also over supply although it's unlikely to be as bad as in the old Johor town but it should also start to face similar problems right?

Most Puteri project except for Puteri Cove and Almas were fully sold. By the time Almas and Cove are TOP, older Puteri projects had long been handed over. So chances of all projects being completed at the same time resulting glut is not there. It is Medini that is more worrying. There are projects that is currently being constructed but closer look physically, they are scattered and not focussed. That's one of the reasons that many big time developers are not launching their projects yet eg Sunway, Sugar King.

Yes, old JB town is worrying especially CC and R&F. It will take time for the market to swallow these mega blocka at the same time. But own stay is ok. It is the flippers and investors that will have sleepless nights.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most Puteri project except for Puteri Cove and Almas were fully sold. By the time Almas and Cove are TOP, older Puteri projects had long been handed over. So chances of all projects being completed at the same time resulting glut is not there. It is Medini that is more worrying. There are projects that is currently being constructed but closer look physically, they are scattered and not focussed. That's one of the reasons that many big time developers are not launching their projects yet eg Sunway, Sugar King.

Yes, old JB town is worrying especially CC and R&F. It will take time for the market to swallow these mega blocka at the same time. But own stay is ok. It is the flippers and investors that will have sleepless nights.

Totally agreed with you.

UM land CS3 is a mixed development, Liberty Bridge is more on commercial developments, Emerald bay is for the more richer guys and mostly landed, the only project that has more high rise residential units belongs to sugar king.

Hopefully there will not be any "reclaimed land" sell to China developers near Puteri Harbour.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The young sultan seems rather aggressive and not good for his state if he continues to sell land. Peter Lim already got caught by Sultan's recent land deal with the Chinese in JB. UEM is smarter and truly strategic in releasing out its plan in the last couple of years.
Totally agreed with you.

UM land CS3 is a mixed development, Liberty Bridge is more on commercial developments, Emerald bay is for the more richer guys and mostly landed, the only project that has more high rise residential units belongs to sugar king.

Hopefully there will not be any "reclaimed land" sell to China developers near Puteri Harbour.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Puteri Harbour is more like "resort and business" destination, hence it won't be crowded like JB town in my opinion. With the convention center operating and more hotels open, coupled with Raffles Marina MRT (2016) and ferry link to Sgp, it will be more crowds but think these are transient crowds, visitors and vacation stayers. I may be wrong but the reason I like Puteri Harbour is specifically it is not overcrowded and the environment is serene, hope they can preserve and maintain like this. So far quite surprised by the maintenance effort as buildings are typically run down in Malaysia after a few years.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all depends on people's perception of value.

My way of seeing things is this:-

R&F & other CIQ projects banking on MRT link - Woodlands
- at most they k only benchmark to Woodlands condos 99 yr which is now going at $800+ psf (RM2000 psf estimate)
- Rationale: if u are buying those properties, just to be have better access and proximity to Singapore, mainly becos need to commute to work, or people in the working class or I call mass market.

Puteri Harbour - Sentosa
----------------------------
- k be benchmark to 99yr projects in Sentosa (1600psf estimate) or abt RM4000psf
- Rationale:
*With the coming up of Emerald Bay, the buyers profiles n pricing, the most expensive in JOhor, if not Malaysia
*Ferry link to harbourfront Sentosa(if any), definitely not for people travelling to work, more for leisure lifestyle,
maybe a nice dinner, luncheon cruise. For foreign delegates here for the convention to see and experience Singapore due to time constraints is a good idea.
* F&B boulevard along Marina
*A master planned area of only 66 acre compared to RF's 166 acre will give the exclusive limited supply in this area
*Edge over Danga Bay as the biz in PH has higher chance of survival, as the masterplan allows for good walkability from convention, offices, hotels, residences to F&B and retail. The chicken n egg problems holds the key to the vibrancy of the area.
*Once the vibrancy is established, hard to replicate another one like PH, even if they are to launch more n more projects along danga bay. Cos there will ultimately be only "one" place to be seen n see.

While the dust settle in another 5-10yrs, we k see the difference in value.
Puteri Harbour 2x
Danga Bay 1-1.5x
CIQ 1x

This is jus my own personal opinion and I have vested interests in Somerset Puteri Harbour.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Successful township development requires a well-thought plan with certain theme and good infrastructure. I am always doubtful with JB given its major expansion plan with an aging infrastructure and inadequate maintenance. Has the work started in the JB central?

- at most they k only benchmark to Woodlands condos 99 yr which is now going at $800+ psf (RM2000 psf estimate)
- Rationale: if u are buying those properties, just to be have better access and proximity to Singapore, mainly becos need to commute to work, or people in the working class or I call mass market.

Puteri Harbour - Sentosa
- k be benchmark to 99yr projects in Sentosa (1600psf estimate) or abt RM4000psf
- Rationale:
*With the coming up of Emerald Bay, the buyers profiles n pricing, the most expensive in JOhor, if not Malaysia
*Ferry link to harbourfront Sentosa(if any), definitely not for people travelling to work, more for leisure lifestyle,
maybe a nice dinner, luncheon cruise. For foreign delegates here for the convention to see and experience Singapore due to time constraints is a good idea.
*A master planned area of only 66 acre compared to RF's 166 acre will give the exclusive limited supply in this area
*Edge over Danga Bay as the biz in PH has higher chance of survival, as the masterplan allows for good walkability from convention, offices, hotels, residences to F&B and retail. The chicken n egg problems holds the key to the vibrancy of the area.
*Once the vibrancy is established, hard to replicate another one like PH, even if they are to launch more n more projects along danga bay. Cos there will ultimately be only "one" place to be seen n see.

Puteri Harbour 2x
Danga Bay 1-1.5x
CIQ 1x

This is jus my own personal opinion and I have vested interests in Somerset Puteri Harbour.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share the same views than you.

Just one note, when comparing condo supply, it's best to use Plot Ratio rather than acres.

R&F project will yield a Plot ratio of 13 while Puteri Harbour condos have an average plot ratio of below 4.

Just to give you an example, Sunway Iskandar will yield more than 30,000 units in 1,800 acres (mixed of condos and landed) while R&f 166 acres will yeild exactly 30,000 condos.

Thus, the key thing to look out for is the densities, which can be given in two formats:

Units/acre
Plot Ratio

Regards,

Puteri Harbour - Sentosa
- Rationale:

Puteri Harbour 2x
Danga Bay 1-1.5x
CIQ 1x

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Puteri Harbour - Sentosa
- Rationale:

Puteri Harbour 2x
Danga Bay 1-1.5x
CIQ 1x

While the dust settle in another 5-10yrs, I see the difference in value.
Puteri Harbour 1.3x
Danga Bay 1-1.2x
CIQ 1.5x

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A factor needs to be applied for those high floor units with marina view at 1.5.

I was standing on top of Traders the other day overlooking into the marina full of yachts. Only difference is mine is on 20th floor and the view would be breathless over the entire straits. That factor would be x 2.0 :smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was standing on top of Traders the other day overlooking into the marina full of yachts. Only difference is mine is on 20th floor and the view would be breathless over the entire straits. That factor would be x 2.0 :smile:

It was spectacular!! Overlooking from opposite during the dawn...before PH was born. :smile:

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunway Iskandar is building for humans, R&F is building a ZOO.

I share the same views than you.

Just one note, when comparing condo supply, it's best to use Plot Ratio rather than acres.

R&F project will yield a Plot ratio of 13 while Puteri Harbour condos have an average plot ratio of below 4.

Just to give you an example, Sunway Iskandar will yield more than 30,000 units in 1,800 acres (mixed of condos and landed) while R&f 166 acres will yeild exactly 30,000 condos.

Thus, the key thing to look out for is the densities, which can be given in two formats:

Units/acre
Plot Ratio

Regards,

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we gota all pray that the Sultan wont sell the bestest land next to Singapore in Puteri Harbour. Now its reserve land. If he do a R&F, we are screwed

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we gota all pray that the Sultan wont sell the bestest land next to Singapore in Puteri Harbour. Now its reserve land. If he do a R&F, we are screwed

Country Garden is already there on the reclaimed land. The sea view there should be the best.