• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong East is a dark horse. It is a good trade-off between demand and space out of the three choices. I support Jurong East.

OK. Let the speculation begins! I can't imagine it going into Jurong East, let alone city centre. Very likely Tuas, with interconnetivity to the soon to be completed Tuas MRT Station. Singapore land is too precious...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
hartamas also not bad for landed.

notice u never mentioned KLCC & ampang. any reason?

Cos I din go there this time around, but yah KLCC and ampang also seem promising. V impressed with Mid Valley, the Curve, One Utama during last week's work trip. Where is this Sungai Besi? It seems quite near to Bangsar from the map?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
for HSR, the boom place will not be where the station is located. :p pour some icy water..:biggrin:

Last edited:

sthelen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at the Puteri Cove sales gallery, most of marina view tower 2 units are sold, strange, they block the whole 5th and 7th of marina view units, and if I am not wrong 20th to 23th of sea view tower 2 units are also blocked, are they intending to market those units at other overseas market?
At first my agent told me they are going to sell those Loft units, but turned out only Tower 1 and 2 only. Tower 2 price is about 10% higher than Tower 1, but I think the Tower 1 price is still the same as previously launched.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK. Let the speculation begins! I can't imagine it going into Jurong East, let alone city centre. Very likely Tuas, with interconnetivity to the soon to be completed Tuas MRT Station. Singapore land is too precious...

Tuas will be an economic suicide location in terms of ridership. Then again, I'm not very confident of HSR, as there are too many variables e.g. land acquisition (land owners holding governments to ransom), contract management (note that even LTA has contractors going bankrupt), and economic viability. I'm more comfortable with RTS but there are strangely no news release on this.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuas will be an economic suicide location in terms of ridership. Then again, I'm not very confident of HSR, as there are too many variables e.g. land acquisition (land owners holding governments to ransom), contract management (note that even LTA has contractors going bankrupt), and economic viability. I'm more comfortable with RTS but there are strangely no news release on this.

From the press conference today.

PUTRAJAYA: The terminal for the proposed Kuala Lumpur-Sinagpore High Speed Rail Link will be located at the Sungai Besi air force base.
This was announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak at a joint press conference with his Singapore counterpart Lee Hsien Loong during the fifth Malaysia-Singapore Leaders' Retreat here on Monday.
Lee said Singapore had yet to decide on its terminal with possible locations being in Tuas West, Jurong East or in the city centre.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the press conference today.

PUTRAJAYA: The terminal for the proposed Kuala Lumpur-Sinagpore High Speed Rail Link will be located at the Sungai Besi air force base.
This was announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak at a joint press conference with his Singapore counterpart Lee Hsien Loong during the fifth Malaysia-Singapore Leaders' Retreat here on Monday.
Lee said Singapore had yet to decide on its terminal with possible locations being in Tuas West, Jurong East or in the city centre.

High chance it will be at Tuas west since it was the first place mentioned. Also logical as there is more land there with the future Tuas port planned.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
imagine a passenger taking the HSR at sungei besi, get their passort stamped out; if you are a sporean your passport got stamped out, if you are a malaysian (i dont know what they do, maybe just key in) but officially both of you are still very very much in malaysia. then the train stops at seremban (according to report sometime back they would have a stop and several more stops onwards). so both of you are still not out yet! so you could still go to malacca to have a cuppa if you are not in a hurry. then imagine the HSR just shoots across jb right into spore? can see the similarity between the old tg pagar railway story? i dont think spore is going to repeat that. it's too painful and too costly.

so i think the HSR has to stop at jb for sporeans to exit then board again into another train maybe the RTS or even if it is the same train which is unlikely because a HSR needs time fo momentum to pick up, by then it would have reached its destination.

from spore, the exit for foreigners is easier. just like in an airport. and there is no more stops in spore.

so unless msia also only has one exit point at kl and their secruity checks like an airport, which may not be lucrative for them i dont see how the HSR can come in all the way straight with suspicious goods and luggages by passing our borders straight into our city centre.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope that the MRT link news will be released together with the HSR..

But I think HSR will be faster since I believe it's going to be driven mainly through private investment.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
High chance it will be at Tuas west since it was the first place mentioned. Also logical as there is more land there with the future Tuas port planned.

Sg Besi as the Malaysian Terminal would most probably the old airport. That is just on the UEM's North South Highway. Logically the HSR would be tracked along the NS as it means minimal land acquisition. So Tuas would be a logical choice. Of course it all depend on Spore bearing in mind the cost of construction ie surface or underground.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 3rd link brought up by the 2 leaders seems interesting.
Hope it materialise as the next 5yrs will have increase traffic to/fro.
1 passport entrance/exit stop lagi best!

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuas is the best location with least complication, to the other ex stream is City center. Given city center is a shortlist spot...my money on city center.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cos I din go there this time around, but yah KLCC and ampang also seem promising. V impressed with Mid Valley, the Curve, One Utama during last week's work trip. Where is this Sungai Besi? It seems quite near to Bangsar from the map?

that side i'm not so familiar, but i recall it's not an upmarket place - near the Mines, palace of golden horse resort & shopping centre. the first NS highway toll are near there, at the south entrance to KL (from seremban, after bangi and serdang). it's near to bukit jalil, .. i heard bukit jalil is the next happening hotspot. so might be worth looking at especially with the HSR supposedly going to be there too. bangsar is somewhere in the center, so most places in KL are "close" to bangsar, but it's the jams that make it a long journey. but the map is deceiving. it's quite some distance from sg besi to the center, say mid valley.

Last edited:

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone familiar with kl?
is that sungei besi airport the hsr terminal will be?

klgraphic2.png

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone familiar with kl?
is that sungei besi airport the hsr terminal will be?

View attachment 14966

yes, sungai besi is about there (as shown in your map). however, frankly i felt that the HSR may not end up being built. and location could be anywhere. as i mention before, this is all wayang only. i'm more positive on the mrt crossing to jb.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, sungai besi is about there (as shown in your map). however, frankly i felt that the HSR may not end up being built. and location could be anywhere. as i mention before, this is all wayang only. i'm more positive on the mrt crossing to jb.

HSR station will be distance away..so taxi driver can make a living.:wink::p

Bang on mrt.

Last edited: