• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i cant imagine they reclassifying say
foreigners who bought ph , freehold to leasehold whereas
msian who also bought into ph, freehold as freehold

but frankly, i wouldnt be surprised if they do.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
i cant imagine they reclassifying say
foreigners who bought ph , freehold to leasehold whereas
msian who also bought into ph, freehold as freehold

but frankly, i wouldnt be surprised if they do.

No need reclassifying . Freehold that you can only sell to locals is worst off than a 99 leasehold lor.

Let say you buy a freehold at a 30% premium . You only stay for say 25yrs ~ 30yrs and need to sell away to locals as it cant be transfer to your children . Typically , locals will compare you premium freehold to those ABC houses and shave off 50% from you asking price ! :biggrin::mad:

Get rid off my freehold cluster 7 mths ago . Buy at FH with 2009 terms and conditions . After that things change , need to wait for 5yrs , need to be above 1 million to sell to foreigners , need to paid capital gain tax . Finally sell to a reasonable local at 15% discount , and pay 5% capital gain tax . Anyway I am lucky , still managed to gain quite bit , sell when market was still quite positive and shortage of FH landed . But I think those that go in recently wont be so lucky lor !
My point is this in Malaysia , a new policy will supersede what you sign in 2009 ! Remember LKY : " at the stoke of a pen , anything can change !"

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who can survive doing business in Malaysia you can survive anywhere.
Even Peter Lim seems to be taken for a ride.
His vantage bay project seems to be stuck in no man's land.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need reclassifying . Freehold that you can only sell to locals is worst off than a 99 leasehold lor.

Let say you buy a freehold at a 30% premium . You only stay for say 25yrs ~ 30yrs and need to sell away to locals as it cant be transfer to your children . Typically , locals will compare you premium freehold to those ABC houses and shave off 50% from you asking price ! :biggrin::mad:

Get rid off my freehold cluster 7 mths ago . Buy at FH with 2009 terms and conditions . After that things change , need to wait for 5yrs , need to be above 1 million to sell to foreigners , need to paid capital gain tax . Finally sell to a reasonable local at 15% discount , and pay 5% capital gain tax . Anyway I am lucky , still managed to gain quite bit , sell when market was still quite positive and shortage of FH landed . But I think those that go in recently wont be so lucky lor !
My point is this in Malaysia , a new policy will supersede what you sign in 2009 ! Remember LKY : " at the stoke of a pen , anything can change !"

It is not cast in stone yet. The cleanest approach is allow existing owners to hold on to their freehold properties but allow subsale to locals as freehold, but to foreigners as leasehold. Current pricing with recent negative news (including this one) are likely to drive demand and valuation down. Beyond a valuation limit, the banks may do a margin call on owners if they are desperate for cash and sentiments sour further.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of Nusajaya is in
"A total of nine nodes have been identified under the International Zone: Tanjung Bin (1138ha), Tanjung Pelepas coast (2,328ha) Nusajaya (2,204ha), Johor Baru City Centre (573ha), Pasir Gudang Industrial Port (1,390ha), Tanjung Piai (1,537ha), Forest City (1,624ha), Sungai Skudai (297ha) and Sungai Tebrau (429ha)."

Basically, almost the whole of iskandar. Jia kia liao..wahaha..
my bets are still safe at this pt of time..:p

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not cast in stone yet. The cleanest approach is allow existing owners to hold on to their freehold properties but allow subsale to locals as freehold, but to foreigners as leasehold. Current pricing with recent negative news (including this one) are likely to drive demand and valuation down. Beyond a valuation limit, the banks may do a margin call on owners if they are desperate for cash and sentiments sour further.

Wow , freehold become leasehold = cleanest approach ? Heng Ah , I just get rid of my FH landed , otherwise it might become leasehold sooner or later.
Well, for those who still got some meat better eat now than got nothing to eat later. :biggrin:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal

What I wish for is existing approved projects remain that way regardless of whom they transfer on to later. All as per title. New projects before they get their approval will be subject to new changes.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I wish for is existing approved projects remain that way regardless of whom they transfer on to later. All as per title. New projects before they get their approval will be subject to new changes.

The only way the authorities can control you is when the names are transferred / registered on a leasehold title as leasehold need approval before the transaction is completed. As for freehold, there's no requirement to ask for state approvals and even if there is, one can use a locally incorporated company to buy it. This proposal has plenty of loopholes. No worries.

louvre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Imperia VP Letters??

Hi Imperia owners - any update when VP letters are being issued?

Imperia have started sending out VP letters in batches since end July. If you are anxious about your unit(s), you can go to UEM office at East Ledang to enquire.
Do note that the calculations for Liquidated Damage are based on date of VP letter.