• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor. Its like when Bungalows were RM 1.5 million in Nusajaya.. Some smart " investors" say overpriced. Went up to RM 2m still say overpriced. Some bungalows are selling for RM 6 million after the price rebates and corrections and these same chaps are saying overpriced. I came to realise these are very shrewd "investors" as they never lose money. ( and they never earn of course )

Those days are over, you cannot catch or replicate this wave now. Number of unsold units in JB equals to almost all of private property in Singapore and JB has only 1/3 the population of Singapore, that is a serious oversupply. May take decades to clear or never at all.

"There is indeed a real concern about future oversupply in the property market there and hence the potential decline in value of homes," Mr Wong said. "Based on data from Malaysia's National Property Information Centre, there are around 336,000 new private residential units in the pipeline - more than the total number of private homes in Singapore. So everything that is coming through in the pipeline is already more than the total number of private homes in Singapore."

The data does not include another 1,400 hectares of reclaimed land near the Tuas Second Link that will come on stream from 2020."

Please do your homework and don't mislead newbies.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those days are over, you cannot catch or replicate this wave now. Number of unsold units in JB equals to almost all of private property in Singapore and JB has only 1/3 the population of Singapore, that is a serious oversupply. May take decades to clear or never at all.

"There is indeed a real concern about future oversupply in the property market there and hence the potential decline in value of homes," Mr Wong said. "Based on data from Malaysia's National Property Information Centre, there are around 336,000 new private residential units in the pipeline - more than the total number of private homes in Singapore. So everything that is coming through in the pipeline is already more than the total number of private homes in Singapore."

The data does not include another 1,400 hectares of reclaimed land near the Tuas Second Link that will come on stream from 2020."

Need to read the data in its proper context. 80% of SG population stays in HDB, so only 20% stay in pte resi. So the 336K being more than pte homes in SG is not that staggering.

336K in pipeline does not mean 336K approved. Some may not be approved and even if approved, developers can hold back construction since land holding costs to them is not high as in SG.

By 2025 or 10 years' time , 900K of SG will be above 60 . Silver tsunami coming. JB is nearest place to retire in while still near SG to visit children or seek medical help.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need to read the data in its proper context. 80% of SG population stays in HDB, so only 20% stay in pte resi. So the 336K being more than pte homes in SG is not that staggering.

336K in pipeline does not mean 336K approved. Some may not be approved and even if approved, developers can hold back construction since land holding costs to them is not high as in SG.

By 2025 or 10 years' time , 900K of SG will be above 60 . Silver tsunami coming. JB is nearest place to retire in while still near SG to visit children or seek medical help.

The whole of Johor has a population of 1.9m people so a pipeline of 336k properties coming online is huge, what is the use of splitting hairs and debating of whether they are approved or not, just go to see the actual completed projects and count occupancy and do the the math. The comparison of the figures being the total amount of private properties in Singapore is only an illustrative comparison for people to visualize the impact, even if you takeaway the comparison, the figures are still there, whether in context or not, statistics do not lie and you cannot runaway from facts with fancy words.

How many of the 900k will retire in JB? Please do not just speculate all seniors have to retire in JB, this is pure conjecture on your part. Only a very small percentage will actually move to Johor, silver tsunami is a far stretch.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Developers usually launch in phases. Holding costs are very different from SG developers. Hence actual supply is much lower.

With respect to condos, the oversupply situation is concentrated at Danga Bay, Nusajaya (Kota Iskandar and Medini. Johor Bahru is only overpriced. Elsewhere is not that bad.

Johor properties have their own niche and attraction, else you will not be in this forum.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems you will have the best buys of all time. I heard Southern Marina is just RM 800psf + for high floor marina views. ( S$270psf )

The stunning view needs no elaboration. You are facing the huge tracts of jungle of Singapore with 2-3 reserviors etc I would have purchased if my bank can grant me another loan

Interesting thoughts from everyone. I work in oil and ags, so agree with anyone who says Malaysian Ringgit weakness is not over. I didn't realise the MAS policy is to accomodate the MYR..I always thought it had a relative peg to the US$, with a basket of local currencies. If that is the case, in SE Asia, Malaysia remains the most vulnerable as it lacks the ooomph Indonesia has with population.

Anyway, this is a hard thing to call, just got my loan approved for the Southern Marina project and really wavering on committing. Undoubtedly Iskandar has oversupply...but this it the Puteri Harbour thread, not Medini or JB. It seems a good buy to me, for occasional homestay. In ten years (heck, in 4) this place must surely be the absolute pick. For anyone in JB, you would have thought this would be an aspirational place in contrast with Central or Danga Bay etc.

So - what do forumers think? Run, screaming for the hills, or a good buy at the right point (misery) of the cycle. Everyone always says, be greedy when people are fearful and I smell plenty of fear in the Iskandar property world....

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developers usually launch in phases. Holding costs are very different from SG developers. Hence actual supply is much lower.

With respect to condos, the oversupply situation is concentrated at Danga Bay, Nusajaya (Kota Iskandar and Medini. Johor Bahru is only overpriced. Elsewhere is not that bad.

Johor properties have their own niche and attraction, else you will not be in this forum.

I am in this forum for information and have decided that rental is the way to go and I will continue to monitor the situation.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole of Johor has a population of 1.9m people so a pipeline of 336k properties coming online is huge, what is the use of splitting hairs and debating of whether they are approved or not, just go to see the actual completed projects and count occupancy and do the the math. The comparison of the figures being the total amount of private properties in Singapore is only an illustrative comparison for people to visualize the impact, even if you takeaway the comparison, the figures are still there, whether in context or not, statistics do not lie and you cannot runaway from facts with fancy words.

How many of the 900k will retire in JB? Please do not just speculate all seniors have to retire in JB, this is pure conjecture on your part. Only a very small percentage will actually move to Johor, silver tsunami is a far stretch.

When did I say ALL seniors have to retire in JB ?? Dun put words into others mouth with your fanciful words. And how u know only a small % will move to JB ? You did research ah ?? :wink:

The 336K in pipeline if not approved or even built is a BIG thing and makes hell lot of difference. Dun tell me u dunno ? What if only 50K is finally built tho 336K is "in pipeline" ?

The diff between no of SG staying in pte vs HDB is also huge and many pple will be fooled if I dun point it out. I suggest you Read your stats properly and refrain from making a fool of yourself.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
When did I say ALL seniors have to retire in JB ?? Dun put words into others mouth with your fanciful words. And how u know only a small % will move to JB ? You did research ah ?? :wink:

The 336K in pipeline if not approved or even built is a BIG thing and makes hell lot of difference. Dun tell me u dunno ? What if only 50K is finally built tho 336K is "in pipeline" ?

The diff between no of SG staying in pte vs HDB have also huge and many pple will be fooled if I dun point it out. I suggest you Read your stats properly.

Put words in your mouth? First you quote 900k seniors by 2025, then you say silver tsunami....what the heck? Do you know what a Tsunami is? You have short memory on what you write? The words are coming out of your mouth, no need for me to put them in. As for my claim of small %age of seniors moving to JB we can always base on current trends and extrapolate and current trends is there is no tsunami, a trickle now and in future maybe a small flow but definitely no Tsunami. Mobility of seniors is an issue and not easy to uproot and the well heeled have other options.

Now as for the rest of the points you raise which do not even warrant me to reply as again, you are debating on an illustration instead of focusing on facts, if you want to live in Neverland and argue my statistics also no point, I am only a small fry, I suggest you read reports from bankers, economist and country leaders.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/caution-advised-on/1790094.html

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in this forum for information and have decided that rental is the way to go and I will continue to monitor the situation.

The more appropriate platforms to track rental is propertyguru or iproperty, when you are near retirement. Rental is the way to go now but you don't own the house, cannot do any modifications to it and don't know whether the owner is keen to renew your lease if you really like the place. Why would you choose backwater Malaysia for retirement when you have swanky houses in other metropolitan cities?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know the difference between Wife, Mistress and Prostitutes?

It is the same as Self owned house, Rented house and Hotel rooms.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know the difference between Wife, Mistress and Prostitutes?

It is the same as Self owned house, Rented house and Hotel rooms.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Are you sure wife is best? Especially if it is lousy wife? Can get you into much more problems these days if you marry the wrong one. If you can sleep with a good woman and still walk away from bad and just take the good why the heck not?

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal

The diff between no of SG staying in pte vs HDB is also huge and many pple will be fooled if I dun point it out. I suggest you Read your stats properly and refrain from making a fool of yourself.

Agreed, and again this the Puteri Harbour forum, not the JB real estate forum, how many of these 360,000 are in PH? And beyond seniors moving over which makes sense, the last 2 election hot point is there are too many foreigners in SG overcrowding housing pushing out locals and pushing up prices. So let them live in JB and work and pay taxes in Singapore, a perfect solution as long as they get the transport issues resolved which will be in the interest of Singapore, keep foreign companies get rid of foreigners, I thought everyone would be embracing this it is win win wine win. I intend to work from home part of the time and cross over when needed.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more appropriate platforms to track rental is propertyguru or iproperty, when you are near retirement. Rental is the way to go now but you don't own the house, cannot do any modifications to it and don't know whether the owner is keen to renew your lease if you really like the place. Why would you choose backwater Malaysia for retirement when you have swanky houses in other metropolitan cities?

Let's not debate on this, I am not tracking rents, I am tracking projects.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed, and again this the Puteri Harbour forum, not the JB real estate forum, how many of these 360,000 are in PH? And beyond seniors moving over which makes sense, the last 2 election hot point is there are too many foreigners in SG overcrowding housing pushing out locals and pushing up prices. So let them live in JB and work and pay taxes in Singapore, a perfect solution as long as they get the transport issues resolved which will be in the interest of Singapore, keep foreign companies get rid of foreigners, I thought everyone would be embracing this it is win win wine win. I intend to work from home part of the time and cross over when needed.

Tell it to the person who started posting about Nusajaya when this is PH thread.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure wife is best? Especially if it is lousy wife? Can get you into much more problems these days if you marry the wrong one. If you can sleep with a good woman and still walk away from bad and just take the good why the heck not?

If she is not the best wife, then you had lousy judgement.
No matter how your wife is, she will still be there and no matter how good the mistress is, she is still others.

Same goes for houses. No matter how bad a house is, it is still yours. No matter how great a rented one is, it still belong to someone else.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she is not the best wife, then you had lousy judgement.
No matter how your wife is, she will still be there and no matter how good the mistress is, she is still others.

Same goes for houses. No matter how bad a house is, it is still yours. No matter how great a rented one is, it still belong to someone else.

People change over time, just like property, so marriage sometimes doesn't work out, just like property. So in the case of man or woman, if not sure, just don't marry, again just like property, unsure, don't commit. Anyway I am not talking about mistress but life partner, these days for capable men, this is the best way to keep out of asset issues and frankly a way to keep the woman sticking to you.

I understand of ownership not being yours for the property, I have struggled with this concept for a long time, why finance other people's property when you can buy your own, but after long deliberation, I came to reason with myself that as long as I put my investment in a safer place and use the proceeds for rental in a riskier place, frankly why not?

Also in my mind, I always believe in owning FH landed property, nothing else comes close to FH landed due to maintenance issues but in Malaysia, JB just does not cut it due to security issues, just go on and see how landed property owners in MY get robbed in broad daylight. If you live in landed property you would know that the electric gate offers almost zero protection, it can be easily pushed open and the robbers can just walk in with parangs. As for G&G? it is strata titled, I do not feel like I own the property, just a share and also the security can work against you especially if you are a foreigner and they note your movements and absence.

I am a happily owning landed property in Singapore and have no issues with money, when the property gets old me or my future generation can rebuild.

Anyway this is digressing.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put words in your mouth? First you quote 900k seniors by 2025, then you say silver tsunami....what the heck? Do you know what a Tsunami is? You have short memory on what you write? The words are coming out of your mouth, no need for me to put them in. As for my claim of small %age of seniors moving to JB we can always base on current trends and extrapolate and current trends is there is no tsunami, a trickle now and in future maybe a small flow but definitely no Tsunami. Mobility of seniors is an issue and not easy to uproot and the well heeled have other options.

Now as for the rest of the points you raise which do not even warrant me to reply as again, you are debating on an illustration instead of focusing on facts, if you want to live in Neverland and argue my statistics also no point, I am only a small fry, I suggest you read reports from bankers, economist and country leaders.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/caution-advised-on/1790094.html

"Wikipedia : The aging workforce (also The Silver Tsunami) refers to the rise in the median age of the United States workforce..."

Pls go back to school and ask your teacher what is Silver tsunami and whether it means ALL the folks shifting out to another place becos they are old:wink:

and pls explain how your extrapolation based on current trend work as it sounds ridiculous .

And what a good and sneaky way to evade a debate when u know u are at the losing end by saying "...do not warrant me to reply...". Maybe u shd just say " can I deflect ? "

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Wikipedia : The aging workforce (also The Silver Tsunami) refers to the rise in the median age of the United States workforce..."

Pls go back to school and ask your teacher what is Silver tsunami and whether it means ALL the folks shifting out to another place becos they are old:wink:

and pls explain how your extrapolation based on current trend work as it sounds ridiculous .

And what a good and sneaky way to evade a debate when u know u are at the losing end by saying "...do not warrant me to reply...". Maybe u shd just say " can I deflect ? "

In the end facts speak for themselves on the state of the property market and that is all that matters.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i wanted to buy spore's citysquare at jln besar in 2006 my real estate told me better not to because all the ahneh will congregate there and same goes for kovan melody facing serangoon rd, some agents told me the serangoon rd jammed everyday. but i made my choice and i got an already top KV the following year too.

so i think whatever choice you have made or is going to make, of course you can listen or read like in this forum or newspaper or agent advice but eventually one has to make up their minds what they want simply because YOU ARE PAYING.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also in my mind, I always believe in owning FH landed property, nothing else comes close to FH landed due to maintenance issues but in Malaysia, JB just does not cut it due to security issues, just go on and see how landed property owners in MY get robbed in broad daylight. If you live in landed property you would know that the electric gate offers almost zero protection, it can be easily pushed open and the robbers can just walk in with parangs. As for G&G? it is strata titled, I do not feel like I own the property, just a share and also the security can work against you especially if you are a foreigner and they note your movements and absence.

I am a happily owning landed property in Singapore and have no issues with money, when the property gets old me or my future generation can rebuild.

Anyway this is digressing.

There's 4 countries I can think of which are very safe to live. Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and Melbourne (Not rest of Australia). Malaysia especially JB is definitely not one of them. Why bother to rent or take an interest in JB? It is not safe even to come across for shopping. Plenty of flying parangs around. Who knows, one might be decapitated while walking downstairs for coffee. So If I am as rich as you are (I heard landed properties is very expensive) I would stay safe, feel safe and be safe in Singapore or in the most liveable city in the world.
By the way, PH is also in Malaysia. :smile: