• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I buy a Malaysian car then get a driver to drive my car with my family to sing??

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Can I buy a Malaysian car then get a driver to drive my car with my family to sin

All are MY cars, new Exora is good, don't get the old one as its underpowered. From a car expert who shared with me "There will be always folks who will say current Exora is good/power enough but then if its good enough, you don't need to come up with a turbo version so soon after its launched." The new version
though is really good value for money now.

Thks bro.. U r really good!! Smart.. Helpful.. Sincere.. Mmmm... What else?....
Arrr..... One word!! SUPER!! Thks for all yr advise and infor... Without u this world would be a mess!! Hehehe:biggrin:
God bless....

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Can I buy a Malaysian car then get a driver to drive my car with my family to sin

Agree, if only for kids, then yellow bus. If its for whole family to go in, cheaper with a driver.

Bro the yellow bus ppl can trust them?? Too bad I dun have any families or relatives staying JB... All r in sg.
Maybe get to know my neighbours who are Singaporeans cos I saw in car park got sg cars....
Maybe they also members here?...??? Hope everything will work out well....

Cheers

anthonion

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys
Any further insight on this since now the vep and toll just got raised?...

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys
Any further insight on this since now the vep and toll just got raised?...
A friend who has sg long term visa is driving malaysia car to sg .is that possible ?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

If there are a few kids going to school plus the adults going to work in SG, it is a better solution to employ a driver using a MY plate car.
Compare this to self drive a SG car and orange bus for kids.
Having a driver, you can be send right up to the school gate and office, an extra convenient plus cut down parking cost/problem especially in CDB area, school area.
Can even offer service to friend's kid for leverage on cost.
I know few people doing this for some time already, especially since that extra road toll and entry fees.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

70K coe for 10 years. 7K per year or 600 per month. You think can hire driver for 600? It does not make economical sence.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

70K coe for 10 years. 7K per year or 600 per month. You think can hire driver for 600? It does not make economical sence.

you only thinking of one singular item.
S$600 = RM1,620.
You have to factor in the savings in car maintenance and usage.
Petrol Ron97 in MY is RM2.35 = S$0.87 or better still pump Ron95 @ S$0.76.
Road tax and insurance is just a fraction while car servicing, tyres, etc about 30% to 40% cheaper.....

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal

you only thinking of one singular item.
S$600 = RM1,620.
You have to factor in the savings in car maintenance and usage.
Petrol Ron97 in MY is RM2.35 = S$0.87 or better still pump Ron95 @ S$0.76.
Road tax and insurance is just a fraction while car servicing, tyres, etc about 30% to 40% cheaper.....

Not forgetting. M'sia car is freehold... Sg car tenure last you only 10-years unless later you top-up another 37.5k (for 5-yrs) or 75k (for 10-yrs) to renew your COE

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dun forget parking is free...free...freee... :p

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dun forget parking is free...free...freee... :p

Just the other day we were at Johor Jaya eating XO duck the warden came to issue summons.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just the other day we were at Johor Jaya eating XO duck the warden came to issue summons.

It is only SG20 cts per piece..:confused: but it is fun to tikam. :p
Actually, i referring to residential parking.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It is only SG20 cts per piece..:confused: but it is fun to tikam. :p
Actually, i referring to residential parking.

Honestly no same JB person ever pays MBJB for parking fines. They are separate entity from the TP and tacking up fines won't get u trouble. My group Of friends and I haven't paid fines for nearly 3 years.

FXHarvest

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do we look for a driver in JB? Are there drivers advertising their services or we have to put up an ad to look for one?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do we look for a driver in JB? Are there drivers advertising their services or we have to put up an ad to look for one?

Any brothers doing this now? Can share cost of getting a driver for one day, or half a day? For mainly weekends, Twice a week. If got lobang don't mind share share OK? Was also thinking of getting Uber drivers.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Honestly no same JB person ever pays MBJB for parking fines. They are separate entity from the TP and tacking up fines won't get u trouble. My group Of friends and I haven't paid fines for nearly 3 years.

I paid mine, only RM12 for two fines which were supposed to be RM30 each, better safe then sorry, you never know if they spot your car with unpaid fines, it may get towed away.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to check, driving a Malaysian-registered vehicle into Singapore (using Malaysian driver) only need to pay applicable VEP and related tolls, right? No need for other documents? Someone told me may need to produce insurance, proof of ownership etc etc..is that right? Will picha lobang if such documents are required and expose that owner of car is Singaporean?:eek:

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to check, driving a Malaysian-registered vehicle into Singapore (using Malaysian driver) only need to pay applicable VEP and related tolls, right? No need for other documents? Someone told me may need to produce insurance, proof of ownership etc etc..is that right? Will picha lobang if such documents are required and expose that owner of car is Singaporean?:eek:

Hi Frodo, afraid have to shatter your plans...

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/driving-in-and-out-of-singapore/west-malaysian-registered-vehicles-and-cars-and-motorcycles.html