• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rich FT students paying poorer students to do their assignments

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exposed: Foreign students pay to get their homework done

Zenzen
inSing.com - 29 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pic / File photo)</cite>
A man has exposed that foreign students in Singapore often employ others to help them do their homework.

According to Lianhe Wanbao, a radio listener, Mr Huang, had called in to radio FM100.3 yesterday (7 Mar) to expose this practice.

Mr Huang, who operates a dormitory for foreign students, revealed that out of more than ten students in the dorm, about seven to eight have asked their tuition teachers to do their homework.

He revealed that many of these foreign students come from wealthy families and are doing so to save themselves the trouble of doing their homework.

What's more troubling is that foreign students are also getting others to help them write their graduating theses.

The graduating thesis is typically the 'final year project' that undergrads have to undertake to complete their degree programme.

Mr Huang also revealed that students can easily hire 'professional writers', who are openly advertising on the internet, and charging between $100 to $3,000 for each assignment.

The ads hint that they can help students do their homework, whether it is their graduating thesis, or other papers.

Such a practice is also pressuring other students to get in on the act because they are afraid of losing out.

One woman shared with Lianhe Wanbao her experience on "outsourcing" her thesis.

At the time, her group members in class had pressured her to do so, with a thesis on marketing.

"My classmates asked me to transfer the payment to their account. Until now, I still don't know how I passed that subject", she told Lianhe Wanbao.

Still feeling guilty about her past act, she added,
"I didn't even get to see my completed thesis. Until now, I don't know what topic 'I' had written on."

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nothing wrong with that. The govt outsourced the ministerial salary view too.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is SO stupid. Come exam time, they will be f**ked. No-one ever gets a degree from coursework alone.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are just using FTs as scapegoats. This have been happening since a long time ago FT or no FT

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with that! At least the rich foreign students are providing work opportunities for the poor students to earn money. When there's demand, there's always supply to meet the demand. It's a free market. It's Economics 101.

It's better for the poor students to use their time productively to earn money that way than to complain about not having enough money like most of the Stinkie losers in this forum.