• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie FHM pulled off shelves cos article offended christians

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for sharing. Didn't know about this. Certainly a religion of choice for all imates now. Hahaha...
Yes the other religions only got special meals on holidays.
I used to tell newbies to chose Christianity when they come in so we can meet on Sundays otherwise we won't get to meet inside.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
why should we leave religion alone ? if we can we make fun of anybody , any race , any politican , any actress ..ect why not religion ? why must they be protected ?

I don't think the magazine should make fun of any race as well, simply because they would be generalising.
Religion is a sensitive and personal thing to people, and we should respect those who practise their faith quietly and don't harm or offend anybody.

By all means talk about those who intrude and impose on others with their faith or who enrich themselves or further their own self interests via religion.

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Straits Times, Singapore, 9 December 2001
Ex-pastor gets cane for molestation
By Wong Fei Wan
IF KOH Seng Kee had wanted to help the 21-year-old woman he approached along Orchard Road, he would have said he was a pastor.

He did not.

That 'strange' omission, plus other inconsistencies in his testimony during his trial for molestation, led to his conviction yesterday.

In front of about 30 crying relatives and well-wishers, District Judge Audrey Lim sentenced him to nine months' jail and three strokes of the cane.

Koh, 48, then a pastor with The Tabernacle Church and Missions in Tanjong Katong Road, had approached the woman in front of Faber House between midnight and 1 am on Feb 17. She was waiting for her husband.

Introducing himself as Victor, he asked her if she was facing problems and she replied, 'No'. She also declined his offer of a drink.

She told the court that Koh then gave her his mobile-phone number and told her she could call him if she had any problems.

After that, Koh caressed the woman's shoulder, kissed her left cheek and grabbed her right breast, she said.

But Koh testified that he went up to the woman because he sensed that she had problems and he wanted to help her.

He said he only shook her hand and put his hand on her shoulder to 'assure her that everything was okay'.

But the judge did not believe his tale and pointed out other inconsistencies.

When the woman, who Koh claimed wanted to trap him, called to meet up, he said he was busy. But he agreed to meet the woman after she phoned him again and lied to him that she was single.

The judge also pointed out that Koh had told the police that he had given the woman his number so that she could call him for a drink.

But in court, he said that he had given out his mobile-phone number so that she could call him if she had any problems.

In mitigation, defence lawyer Leong Kwok Yan said that Koh was not a serial molester and had not used force on the woman.

Mr Leong said Koh realised he had 'brought shame to his family and dishonour to God' when he succumbed to temptation.

The judge described the whole incident as 'unfortunate and regrettable', but asked church members to support their former pastor and give him another chance.

'He is, after all, human.'

"Christian halfway houses are filled with convict converts, I am referring to Christians who are born Christian, like myself "

who told you theres no christians convicts ? you think all your cult members are all saint ? i used to work in prison and i know theres different religious ppl committing different kind of crimes ( your religion included ) ....

Please don't lie, convicts like you don't work in prison, you were in prison. And Christians as a whole commit the least crimes in Singapore. I dare you to prove me to me otherwise.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think the magazine should make fun of any race as well, simply because they would be generalising.
Religion is a sensitive and personal thing to people, and we should respect those who practise their faith quietly and don't harm or offend anybody.

By all means talk about those who intrude and impose on others with their faith or who enrich themselves or further their own self interests via religion.

jokes about race , religions and sex are the best seller ..

yes..i have no problem with religion ppl practising their blind faith quietly ...but the truth is most religion ( especially christains ) will try to expand their members by promoting their delusion mind openly in public ...

erm, well i don't agree with the whole "you should give respect to everyone about anything". and i can expect the same from other people. i don't expect random people to just respect me because i have the right to be an atheist. i have a right to choose my faith or lack of faith, but i don't think that is deserving of automatic respect. sometimes, a person who wants respect is simply asking for tolerance. so if christains cant even tolerance a men's magazine , muslim cant even tolerance alcohol selling in arab street .... ect . you think we should give them the respect ? if you give them one inch they will start asking for 1 km .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please don't lie, convicts like you don't work in prison, you were in prison. And Christians as a whole commit the least crimes in Singapore. I dare you to prove me to me otherwise.

oh ..now u try to act god ( as usual with most christians ) ? how u know im a ex inmate ?

first you say theres no christains commit crime , then show u the proof ..now you want me to feed you with information ... why dont you go to religious folder and join your cult member palsm23 .

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh ..now u try to act god ( as usual with most christians ) ? how u know im a ex inmate ?

first you say theres no christains commit crime , then show u the proof ..now you want me to feed you with information ... why dont you go to religious folder and join your cult member palsm23 .

I know you are an ex-inmate because my friend from cluster A4 knows you. You are replying this way because even you know that Christians commit the least crimes in Singapore, so you have no proof! Loser!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lah i think the govt just wants to be PC about it which is good. I'm not sure who complained or if anyone complained but i think the govt is taking a 0 tolerance policy to any major religion in sg being offended. That's actually pretty good. If you want to compare the reactions of which religion's worshippers to being offended of course the most sensitive would be muslims then christians then taoists, buddhists. Muslims and some hard core christians would probably even resort to violence or something along those lines.

I thot the gahmen wants the public to be tolerant?

So why can't they tolerate some jokes?

Cheers!

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like FHM having some publishing problems. Here is another one that is being taken down from the sales stand.

http://sowhatsnews.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/bela-padilla-removed-from-fhm-cover-after-racist-fiasco-replaced-by-much-experienced-actress/

Bela Padilla Removed From FHM Cover After “Racist” Fiasco. Replaced by “Much Experienced” Actress.

Posted by Stewart on March 1, 2012

MANILA, Philippines — After receiving flack for the sneak preview of their March issue, Summit Media and FHM decided to removed Bela Padilla entirely from the issue and the cover, and announced today that the revised issue is already available in news stands.\

Bela.jpg

The editorial team of the men’s magazine has also decided not to use the photo on the cover of FHM Philippines’ March 2012 issue as they “take the side of sensitivity.”

“When FHM hits the stands in March it will have a different cover. We deem this to be the most prudent move in the light of the confusion over the previous cover execution. We apologize and thank those who have raised their points,” FHM Philippines said in the statement, which was released on the magazine’s website. (from ABS-CBN News)

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know you are an ex-inmate because my friend from cluster A4 knows you. You are replying this way because even you know that Christians commit the least crimes in Singapore, so you have no proof! Loser!

You have got nothing left to say right, ex-con? You want my A4 friend to come here and post as well. His nickname is 'Ah Soon' I am sure that rings a bell.