• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie FHM pulled off shelves cos article offended christians

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FHM Singapore pulled off shelves over insensitive articles

20120303.152929_fhm.jpg

AsiaOne
Saturday, Mar 03, 2012

SINGAPORE - Unsold copies of this month's issue of FHM Singapore magazine will be pulled off the shelves, media news sources have reported.

The magazine, published by MediaCorp Publishing, was found to contain two articles deemed offensive to Christians.

One of the articles carried the headline "Which Of These Celebs Might Secretly Be Jesus?" and another was headlined "Jesus 2.0: What Can We Expect?".

In the former article, well-known personalities like Oprah Winfrey and Justin Bieber are assessed for "evidence" that they may or may not be Jesus Christ.

The second article contained a photo of a man dressed as Jesus, holding a gun strapped with ammunition, reported The Straits Times.

In response to queries from the daily broadsheet, the magazine's senior editor, Mr David Fuhrmann-Lim, apologised on Friday for any offence caused, and posted an apology on the magazine's Facebook page.

In his note, Mr Fuhrmann-Lim said the magazines will be pulled off shelves within two days.

He added that the article "was written with a tongue-in-cheek humour", but "we realise now it was not done in the best taste or judgement. We will certainly be more mindful of such sensitive issues in the future."

The articles sparked outrage among Christians here for being insensitive.

A spokesman for media regulator Media Development Authority (MDA) on Friday said it is investigating the men's lifestyle magazine 'for possible breach of content guidelines'.

FHM, originally published as For Him Magazine, is an international monthly men's lifestyle magazine.

[email][email protected]
[/EMAIL]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why Christians read FHM in the first place?

Christians on Sunday.

Liars, whoremongers, backstabbers, porlumparers, greedy, conniving hypocrite scumbags from Monday through Saturday.

The Blood of the Lamb washes the sins clean, so you can sin some more. Free license. Hallelujah!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Christians on Sunday.

Liars, whoremongers, backstabbers, porlumparers, greedy, conniving hypocrite scumbags from Monday through Saturday.

The Blood of the Lamb washes the sins clean, so you can sin some more. Free license. Hallelujah!

Fren, true Christians are not like that,,,the same can be said for all religoius followers...go temple etc come out commit sins,,,so dont just blame Christians

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am an Anglican Protestant and I don't find that offensive at all. It is just humour and freedom of speech.

Christians are generally cool people. We don't have chips on our shoulders and we live peacefully. We don't do drugs, commit crimes, or commit acts of terrorism. :smile:

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fren, true Christians are not like that,,,the same can be said for all religoius followers...go temple etc come out commit sins,,,so dont just blame Christians

Very true. 99% of Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Budhists, etc etc (all other religions), i.e. mankind, are not true. Says a lot for religion, doesn't it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FHM should be sued until they close down........how dare they undermine the religious harmony our founding fathers have built up over 50 years.....invoke ISA and lock up all the editors and writers in Prison!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These magazines do these things intentionally and see how far they can push the envelope. Nothing inadvertent about these things. A fine would be a good way to treat this.

Religion is a whole different subject.

jw5

Loyal
I hate evangelists, but don't agree with what the magazine did.
There are so many topics to write about, leave religion out of the magazine.
Even if they want to, have an article on people who use religion to enrich themselves or to further their self interests. They probably don't dare to because these people certainly won't turn the other cheek.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got to know the editor David Lim many years back thru a mutual friend.. Very humble and soft spoken.. Small pint sized chap but very fit as he is a regular jogger.. He served his NS in the Police Force holding the rank of Insp and but few years ago he was transferred to the SCDF to do his reservist as a Unit commander..

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

usually, it takes a 're-birth' to straighten things out...and they will shamelessly self-proclaim more almighty and holy of the holiness than before

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm catholic and i don't care what FHM prints in their articles. if there are nude pictures, i will be more willing to buy! :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These magazines do these things intentionally and see how far they can push the envelope. Nothing inadvertent about these things. A fine would be a good way to treat this.

Religion is a whole different subject.

I wish it was indeed a singaporean who wrote the articles. FHM singapore recycles old articles from their UK/US editions. They localise the names mentioned in their articles (Kelvin Ng, Chris Wee etc) to give it a singapore context.

Please lah.. FHM is owned by Mediacorpse... do you think anyone there can write something provocative at all?

The best singapore writers are bloggers, not journos. Period.