• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The complication of having maid in spore,getting pregnant,disappear,sucidal..etc..

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Lately there has been news of maid giving their employer headache n some employer giving their maid headache as well.
i use to have two maids before n luckily for me they did not give me any problem because i've always treat her well
but the costs of maintaining a maid here take its toll on me..good maids are those that show responsiblity,open minded,creative,
self control,playing a part in family bonding n character building..i treat my maids like my own sister
calling them kak kak or jie jie..

nowadays it is quite shocking to employ a maid in spore with so many guidelines set by MOM.
you have to even buy insurance cover for your maid from
1.getting pregnant
2.unexplained disappearance
3.getting married to a local/pr/bangla
4.etc..
seriously when you has a maid like that it may spell trouble.

MbakArni.jpg

There are several simple reasons why many Singaporean
employers are reluctant to give their maids a day off.

You see, if the maid runs away, the government will fine

the employer $5,000. If the maid commits a crime such as

shoplifting, the government will fine the employer $5,000.

If the maid is caught having sex with someone, the

government will fine the employer $5,000. If the maid gets

pregnant, the government will also fine the employer $5,000.

If you didn't know any of the above, then either you do

not employ a maid, or you didn't read the small print of

the Manpower Ministry's work permit conditions.

Many employers are afraid that if their maid has a day off

and gets into trouble, the employer will not only have to

solve the trouble, but also have to fork out $5,000 as a

free gift to the government.

Intuitively, this smacks of gros! s unfairness. The employer

gets punished not for something he did, but for something

that somebody else (the maid) did. Furthermore, once the

maid leaves the employer's residence, the employer has

no way of monitoring where the maid goes and what she does there.

We may draw a curious parallel with Mas Selamat's

escape, and PM Lee's determined, if muddled, defence of

Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng in Parliament.

Mas Selamat ran away. But PM Lee said that Wong Kan Seng

was not at fault and should not be punished in any way. The

reason being that Wong Kan Seng personally did not do

anything which allowed Mas Selamat to escape.

Strangely, if your maid runs away, it IS your fault and you

SHOULD be punished. Even if you did not personally do

anything to let her run away (apart from giving her a day off).

Similarly, if your maid becomes preg! nant, it IS your fault

and you SHOULD be punished. Even! if you did not personally

do anything to make her pregnant.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The complication of having maid in spore,getting pregnant,disappear,sucidal..etc.

Don't know why , I couldn't understand why people want to vote for a government, who passes law that punishes the people for things they don't do, it is a strange thing!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The complication of having maid in spore,getting pregnant,disappear,sucidal..etc.

If women stayed at home and learnt how to cook/clean, there wouldn't be a need for maids. Or daycare centres.

If you need extra help to take care of the elderly/bedridden, you can always hire the services of a professional MOH nurse who visits from time to time to insert the feeding tube, clean/bandage wounds etc.

Everytime the Filipinas remit money back home, that's a huge outflow of capital from Singapore to the Philippines.

All because some stupid bitches want to climb the fucking corporate ladder.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

If women stayed at home and learnt how to cook/clean, there wouldn't be a need for maids.

bro,

me mum was forced to work in the past to support the family, the meagre pay from me dad was only enough to cover utilities and mortgage repayment.

not saying that me dad is useless, he worked hard taking on couple of odd jobs to survive. me don't get to see him day and night 'cept for odd hours, but that's the way it just was.

me supposed we lived within our own means back then, me grand folks were housed under the same roof, me brother & i all 6 of us in a modest 3 room flat.

even me had to work under NAFA to clean toilets during me school holidays to earn some keep, learn to cook after my grand folks passed away cause me bro is a bozo with pots & pans.

without me mum working, me wouldn't be where me belong, perhaps as a hawker selling food or something :smile:
life will find its way :smile:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

nice to read how you managed to surmount the odds....even though the post was brief. Well done. :smile:

bro,

me mum was forced to work in the past to support the family, the meagre pay from me dad was only enough to cover utilities and mortgage repayment.

not saying that me dad is useless, he worked hard taking on couple of odd jobs to survive. me don't get to see him day and night 'cept for odd hours, but that's the way it just was.

me supposed we lived within our own means back then, me grand folks were housed under the same roof, me brother & i all 6 of us in a modest 3 room flat.

even me had to work under NAFA to clean toilets during me school holidays to earn some keep, learn to cook after my grand folks passed away cause me bro is a bozo with pots & pans.

without me mum working, me wouldn't be where me belong, perhaps as a hawker selling food or something :smile:
life will find its way :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

nice to read how you managed to surmount the odds....even though the post was brief. Well done. :smile:

Many of work hard to earn our bread & survive, I did too, but not so harsh as the writer. The trouble is, we hard working SINgaporeans are being punished by a government whom many voted for, by bringing in a deluge of foreigners without proper control & protection for their own people, in the face of greed for more money. It really break the heart, we work so hard to bring, bread & roof & we are punished.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

...We may draw a curious parallel with Mas Selamat's
escape .... Mas Selamat ran away. But PM Lee said that Wong Kan Seng was not at fault and should not be punished in any way..... Similarly, if your maid becomes pregnant, it IS your fault and you SHOULD be punished........

Improper analogy. The reason is simple - Mat Selamat is not Wong Kang Seng's maid. Neither will Mat Selamat become pregnant! Mat Selamat is a prisoner, and your maid is your maid.

Your "parallel" is like what MP Low saying that calling a by-election in Hougang is the same as ESM Goh calling a by-election in Marine Parade. I think it's more of a tangent rather than a parallel!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

even though the post was brief. Well done. :smile:

thanks for the compliments, bro :smile:

The trouble is, we hard working SINgaporeans are being punished by a government whom many voted for, by bringing in a deluge of foreigners without proper control & protection for their own people, in the face of greed for more money.

bro,

the human diaspora will come flooding and its impact can be felt more strongly with 7 billion folks and with our current technology. point is this: we need to adapt fast or gets edged out. alternative way is to help our fellow countrymen to get on their act together.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't know why , I couldn't understand why people want to vote for a government, who passes law that punishes the people for things they don't do, it is a strange thing!

Culturally sinkees

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

I cringe - and pretend not to know why - when the PAP keeps on helping those who voted for the opposition. Even the part-time cleaner from opposition ward who gets all the full social welfare benefits given by the PAP government - not by her Hougang MP nor the Worker's Party - turns around and bites the hands that feed her. She still prefers the Hougang MP she voted for and runroad on her.

An ardent admirer of the PAP like me doesn't even get a reasonable humble share from all the handouts! That's how benevolent the PAP could be - show compassion for its opponents or those who don't wish them well.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

- turns around and bites the hands that feed her

Excuse Me! Who Feed Who ?

When I buy a box of condom, I feed them- when I take MRT, I feed them- when I eat at hawker center, I feed them- when I eat at home, I feed them- when I buy a tube of toothpaste, I feed them- when I pay tax, I feed them

So? Who Feed Who?

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

ah bro...i am in the same situation as you. Disadvantaged in my career and now my kids also got to compete with all these foreigners and still do NS while these other guys dont have to. If they feel they cant help their own citizens then they should at least level the playing field for us.

Many of work hard to earn our bread & survive, I did too, but not so harsh as the writer. The trouble is, we hard working SINgaporeans are being punished by a government whom many voted for, by bringing in a deluge of foreigners without proper control & protection for their own people, in the face of greed for more money. It really break the heart, we work so hard to bring, bread & roof & we are punished.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal

i use to have two maids before n luckily for me they did not give me any problem because i've always treat her well
but the costs of maintaining a maid here take its toll on me..

nowadays it is quite shocking to employ a maid in spore with so many guidelines set by MOM.
you have to even buy insurance cover for your maid from
1.getting pregnant
2.unexplained disappearance
3.getting married to a local/pr/bangla
4.etc..
seriously when you has a maid like that it may spell trouble.

Maid is expensive and comes with so many restrictions. I only go for the cheap, readily available and easily disposed of ones without those leychey conditions. And they have low fat ones for you to choose somemore... :smile: And it comes with expiry date....

2ccsahd.jpg

Last edited:

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow, if only maids are as hot as the photo :smile:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

all the banglas and some of the sbf guys will be lurking around the residence leh....so not so good. If she were the neighbour's maid could be better.

Wow, if only maids are as hot as the photo :smile:

Last edited:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal

The solution is so simple - just open the maid sector to PRC. We will have good quality maids.

I suggested this to reach many years ago. However, there are many insecure local women who object to such a move, even though my suggestion was for the PRC to be of minimum age of 40.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal

I cringe - and pretend not to know why - when the PAP keeps on helping those who voted for the opposition. Even the part-time cleaner from opposition ward who gets all the full social welfare benefits given by the PAP government - not by her Hougang MP nor the Worker's Party - turns around and bites the hands that feed her. She still prefers the Hougang MP she voted for and runroad on her.

An ardent admirer of the PAP like me doesn't even get a reasonable humble share from all the handouts! That's how benevolent the PAP could be - show compassion for its opponents or those who don't wish them well.

You idiot! All elected MPs have a duty to serve their constituents, regardless of whom they voted for.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have you walked through the corridor of time, who wasn't a supporter of PAP, there were camps, one for communist Barisan & the majority for the PAP..benevolent is never in the PAP vocabulary, I don't have to be bluffed. We all built this country, wether we are with them or against them..what benevolent!. The "cleaner", is just excercising her rights!, in which many not, would not, or bother to know about.

Benevolent...ha ha ha, I am looking on the floor, to see, which part of my body os laughing!:biggrin:

Last edited: