• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Not sure about mobile internet but for home internet, heard that Unifi is good.

yes. i will be installing unifi (i think 1st yr free from uem). thot it is better to hv a mobile internet as a standby, in case unifi fails on certain day.

Kenken

Alfrescian
Loyal

Or if you live in Sg, you can request to sign in uem office near bugis junction. uem sg office tel 6835 7652.

Thanks bro, maybe I can pass the form to bugis office instead of mail to them

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is purchaser responsible to pay for any late disbursement (from bank to developer) ?

Unfortunately yes because if we take a loan, we must ensure that there is no delay whether from our lawyer or our bank. For my previous case, my lawyer delayed and the late interest due to UEM turned out to be more than RM30k. UEM was kind enough to reduce that to around RM6k for me, phew!!!

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Bros IskandarRocks and Investor for the info on UEM LAD.

Indeed UEM had improved from Ph1 and Ph2, there are quite a few things that are included in Ph3A Melody Pk, as mentioned by IR, the bathrooms are now with mirrors and shower screen as well (except for Type B model, one of the bedroom are not fitted with shower screen).

Congrats to all purchasers.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks Bros IskandarRocks and Investor for the info on UEM LAD.

Indeed UEM had improved from Ph1 and Ph2, there are quite a few things that are included in Ph3A Melody Pk, as mentioned by IR, the bathrooms are now with mirrors and shower screen as well (except for Type B model, one of the bedroom are not fitted with shower screen).

Congrats to all purchasers.

No problem at all :wink:

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Really fed up with Phase 8 delay... Looks like end of March is not going to be able to obtain VP again. Just want to check with fellow Phase 8 owners, under Clause 22.1. it says the VP of he said Building shall be delivered to the Purchaser.... within 24 calendar months from the date of agreement. And if the date of the Agreement on my Agreement is 10 Jan 2011, doesn't that mean UEM is already late by 15 months already??

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Really fed up with Phase 8 delay... Looks like end of March is not going to be able to obtain VP again. Just want to check with fellow Phase 8 owners, under Clause 22.1. it says the VP of he said Building shall be delivered to the Purchaser.... within 24 calendar months from the date of agreement. And if the date of the Agreement on my Agreement is 10 Jan 2011, doesn't that mean UEM is already late by 15 months already??

bro, i just called up uem today afternoon. the recept passes me to a lady who claimed P8 owners will receive vp letter by end of this week, or latest by early next week. what did they tell u that makes u so fed up?

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro, i just called up uem today afternoon. the recept passes me to a lady who claimed P8 owners will receive vp letter by end of this week, or latest by early next week. what did they tell u that makes u so fed up?

That they are 15 months late... Did I calculate wrongly?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That they are 15 months late... Did I calculate wrongly?

Yes it's 15 months on the coming 10th of April. It also means that UEM will be compensating you RM82,500 (if let's say your unit is RM660k). You can see it as UEM giving you a big discount and selling you your unit at RM577,500 instead of RM660,000 because they have delayed the delivery.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes it's 15 months on the coming 10th of April. It also means that UEM will be compensating you RM82,500 (if let's say your unit is RM0k). You can see it as UEM giving you a big discount and selling you your unit at RM577,500 instead of RM660,000 because they have delayed the delivery.

Thanks Investor. I know you don't mind the delay. But for me I could have sold off my apt here at the peak instead of struggling with a challenging market now

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks Investor. I know you don't mind the delay. But for me I could have sold off my apt here at the peak instead of struggling with a challenging market now

No worries, Matix.

In my point of view, the new policies announced last year didn't change the physical and price attractiveness of living in Nusajaya to residents of Singapore. What those new policies did is that they created uncertainties as they were not confirmed until recently. Buyers, especially from Singapore, are just seating on the sideline waiting for the new policies to be clear before making their decision to buy.

If you look at EL properties in a slightly longer term like just another 2 years from now, you'll see a 90% chance for prices of EL properties to continue to appreciate rather than depreciate, simply because current prices are still in a very affordable range even if compared to the most rural parts of Singapore(we can and should compare to Sg's price because people from Singapore make up a huge percentage of EL buyers). The way I see it, the delay in delivery plus the new policy of 30% RPGT within the first 5 years are more of a blessing to buyers like yourself who might have previous intention to sell early. You'll be taxed 30% of your profit if you sell upon VP but if you hold longer until 5 years, you stand a good chance to sell at higher price and you'll only be taxed 5% of your profit.

Anyway, that's my view. How much do you intend to sell?

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was there to collect my keys for 3a today and was told by their handover department that VP letters for Phase 8 have started going out yesterday.

For 3a, they sent me an email with an attachment, followed by a snail mail letter. The email actually went into my junk mail folder because it is being sent from a strange email ID - luckily I noticed it.

Do check your emails, inbox, junk mail folders ........

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was there to collect my keys for 3a today and was told by their handover department that VP letters for Phase 8 have started going out yesterday.

For 3a, they sent me an email with an attachment, followed by a snail mail letter. The email actually went into my junk mail folder because it is being sent from a strange email ID - luckily I noticed it.

Congratulations bro. I was at EL last night and saw that UEM installed outdoor lightings for car porches of every phase 3A bungalows. 3A environment looks stunning at night. Congrats again man!

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congratulations bro. I was at EL last night and saw that UEM installed outdoor lightings for car porches of every phase 3A bungalows. 3A environment looks stunning at night. Congrats again man!

Thanks bro! Will definitely check it out one of these 'nights'. :smile:

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's gd news! Tks for sharing bro!

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's gd news! Tks for sharing bro!

Welcome bro!

Although I am quite happy with the way they UEM makes up for their shortcomings, such as delays, I would still take their word with a grain of salt.

In any case, I hope you all get the keys sooner than later. I know it has been a long wait. Monetary compensation can never make up for the joy of having your own house for that period of time, as I realised today when I opened the main door with the key and walked in (and not sneaked in through back door left open as I did a few weeks back). However, to bro Investor's point, getting a decent compensation certainly helps a lot. It is better than nothing. The amounts we are talking about will pay for at least a nice renovation and make our homes a nicer place to live in. Or perhaps consider it as a discount that will cover for the 30 PC RPGT for those planning to sell immediately.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

No worries, Matix.

In my point of view, the new policies announced last year didn't change the physical and price attractiveness of living in Nusajaya to residents of Singapore. What those new policies did is that they created uncertainties as they were not confirmed until recently. Buyers, especially from Singapore, are just seating on the sideline waiting for the new policies to be clear before making their decision to buy.

If you look at EL properties in a slightly longer term like just another 2 years from now, you'll see a 90% chance for prices of EL properties to continue to appreciate rather than depreciate, simply because current prices are still in a very affordable range even if compared to the most rural parts of Singapore(we can and should compare to Sg's price because people from Singapore make up a huge percentage of EL buyers). The way I see it, the delay in delivery plus the new policy of 30% RPGT within the first 5 years are more of a blessing to buyers like yourself who might have previous intention to sell early. You'll be taxed 30% of your profit if you sell upon VP but if you hold longer until 5 years, you stand a good chance to sell at higher price and you'll only be taxed 5% of your profit.

Anyway, that's my view. How much do you intend to sell?

Hi Investor. Sorry for not being specific. I have no intention of selling EL! I was referring to selling my Singapore apt at the peak last year... If UEM has been on time, I would have already stayed there for 1 year already (taking into accounts reno period of 3 months).

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Welcome bro!

Although I am quite happy with the way they UEM makes up for their shortcomings, such as delays, I would still take their word with a grain of salt.

In any case, I hope you all get the keys sooner than later. I know it has been a long wait. Monetary compensation can never make up for the joy of having your own house for that period of time, as I realised today when I opened the main door with the key and walked in (and not sneaked in through back door left open as I did a few weeks back). .

Exactly, really hope to be able to walk into my house soon and physically stay inside there! I will be looking forward to getting the letter informing me of VP of Phase 8. At least you have managed to get inside your house by the back door. For the last few months, I can only look at it from a distance outside the fence. How are you able to get inside the estate? I hope you are already a resident and not getting in by getting through the security...

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Exactly, really hope to be able to walk into my house soon and physically stay inside there! I will be looking forward to getting the letter informing me of VP of Phase 8. At least you have managed to get inside your house by the back door. For the last few months, I can only look at it from a distance outside the fence. How are you able to get inside the estate? I hope you are already a resident and not getting in by getting through the security...

Haha, taken inside by the sales office after several requests. They agreed to take me inside the area only so that I could take a closer look, however, I found that the contractors had left the kitchen door open .....

Anyway, good luck to you and hope that day comes soon for you as well. It will be worth the wait. Phase 7/8 looks really nice. In fact, some of the corner units with large land as I could see would be close to living in a bungalow. I can imagine the how difficult it must be to be patient for such a long time.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

To your note on security, during my last few visits, after getting the entrance card, I noticed that UEM has done a very good job of 'isolating' the construction areas (Phase 3, 6, 7, 8) from 'resident' areas (Phase 1, 2). Sometimes contractors leave entrance to the construction areas open so one might be able to sneak in, but not into the resident areas without going through security.

They actually put extra security around a handover phase, because both contractors and residents/ owners need to go in. So I noticed when exiting the Phase 3a area, which is still cordoned off to prevent contractors and workers going into resident areas, they had extra security to prevent anyone exiting Phase 3 go into the Phase 1 and 2 areas.

On the defect rectification, the day before yesterday when I took the keys, I pointed out some defects in the marble tiles and water leakage in the guest room. Yesterday, when I went in with my kitchen contractor, they were already replacing the tiles and tearing down the wall to replace the broken pipe. :smile: