• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Mudhatir: my bumi policy made non bumi's rich

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mahathir: New Economic Policy benefits non-Malays too

New Straits Times
Friday, Feb 24, 2012

KUALA LUMPUR - Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today defended his implementation of the New Economic Policy (NEP), saying different races were represented at all levels.

Dr Mahathir said the policy had not only benefitted the Malays and the Bumiputera but also had made the non-Malays into millionaires and billionaires.

"Why focus on Malay billionaires? The NEP, different races are represented. People only mention the few Malays who became millionaires..there are also other races who became millionaires during my time."

"For example, my good friend, recently retired Berjaya chairman Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Hong Kong-based Robert Kuok and T. Ananda Krishnan became multi-billionaires during my time when the NEP was being implemented.

"Those, who got rich during my term as prime minister, did so because they had the capacity," he said in response to Gua Musang Member of Parliament Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah's statement that the NEP had only benefitted the Malay capitalist.

He said although the NEP's results were not all as expected, it had helped the Malays.

"The NEP was created to address poverty and to raise the level of Malay participation in the economy. It was intended for all Malaysians, and not just for the Malays or Bumiputeras," said Dr Mahathir who was also former finance minister.

He said more than 500,000 Malays were given scholarships under Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB), and more than nine million Bumiputeras own shares in companies which they did not own.

"He (Tengku Razaleigh) should know as he was in charge of PNB," he said.

Earlier in his speech at the Youth Leadership Transformation: Anticipating Challanges Vision 2020 organised by the Youth and Sports Ministry, Dr Mahathir said leaders, who only use their followers to fulfill their ambitions, would ultimately failed in ruling the country.

There are leaders in the country who create organisations and have followers for the sake of using them to accomplish their ambitions by taking over Putrajaya," he said.

Dr Mahathir said these followers, became the tools for these leaders who does not care about their welfare except for his or her own gain.

He added it was all about doing the right thing and avoiding actions or decisions that were damaging or a barrier to the progress of the people.

"When the followers knew they were used, they will rise and go against the government. That happened in the Middle East where they bring down their leaders," he said.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dumb fuck Mat blame everybody but themselves. If non-bumi got rich without the bumi policy, he would then say non-bumi got rich because there is no bumi policy. If you are too stupid to make good of your fortune, no amount of policy can help you.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Mudhatir is a smart man. His policy was to make the chinese so rich and fat that the bumi's can rob us easily.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dumb fuck Mat blame everybody but themselves. If non-bumi got rich without the bumi policy, he would then say non-bumi got rich because there is no bumi policy. If you are too stupid to make good of your fortune, no amount of policy can help you.

What this asshole is trying to do is to claim the credit of rich chinese which is stupid cos the bumi policy is an obstacle for non bumis.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would rather give out scholarship to local "bumi" than Tiongs who not only rob us but insult us at the same time!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the Mat who single-handedly polarised Malaysia into Bumi and non-Bumi camps during his 22-years rule.

This is the Mat who claims to be a moderate Muslim but practised active apartheid against non-Bumis.

This is the Mat who championed Malay supremacy but is actually an Indian Muslim.

This is the Mat who ruined the lives of at least two generations of young Malaysians, pitting Bumis vs non-Bumis.

This is the Mat who claims NEP was a success - yes, a huge success for his family and his cronies.

This is the Mat who should just stay retired and keep the shut up.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the Mat who single-handedly polarised Malaysia into Bumi and non-Bumi camps during his 22-years rule.

This is the Mat who claims to be a moderate Muslim but practised active apartheid against non-Bumis.

This is the Mat who championed Malay supremacy but is actually an Indian Muslim.

This is the Mat who ruined the lives of at least two generations of young Malaysians, pitting Bumis vs non-Bumis.

This is the Mat who claims NEP was a success - yes, a huge success for his family and his cronies.

This is the Mat who should just stay retired and keep the shut up.

This is a fake m&d that is actually happy he screwed up mudland.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are right.. This old Mat's father was a Keling from Kerala who came to Malaya and married Mat's mom who is a Malay.. Old Mat was kinda uncomfortable with this fact and thats why he championed Malay supremacy as a cover to hide his Indian roots.. He was not classified as a Malay but as an Indian by the University of Malaya when he was a student here decades back..Talking about Mahathir's Indian links is a taboo subject for the Malaysian National press..

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right.. This old Mat's father was a Keling from Kerala who came to Malaya and married Mat's mom who is a Malay.. Old Mat was kinda uncomfortable with this fact and thats why he championed Malay supremacy as a cover to hide his Indian roots.. He was not classified as a Malay but as an Indian by the University of Malaya when he was a student here decades back..Talking about Mahathir's Indian links is a taboo subject for the Malaysian National press..

Why is this keling so ashamed of his own keling roots? Kelings suck so much they aren't even proud to be one.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is this keling so ashamed of his own keling roots? Kelings suck so much they aren't even proud to be one.

Old Mat quite reluctant to acknowledge his Indian roots but one of his favourite crony is a Mama business man by the name of Ananda Krishnan who is one of the most richest man in Malaysia.. This Mama made tonnes of money while Old Mat was still the PM..

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very funny comment from Mathatir.
Everyone know that Chinese and Indian dont have grant/help from Malaysia gov.
Now Mahathir or and senile forget what is Bumiputra policy was implement by him.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Mat quite reluctant to acknowledge his Indian roots but one of his favourite crony is a Mama business man by the name of Ananda Krishnan who is one of the most richest man in Malaysia.. This Mama made tonnes of money while Old Mat was still the PM..

I really wonder what's up with kelings doing this. If you ever have one shit skin in power there's bound to be another one somewhere that benefits.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not unreasonable to assert, blxxdy brain drain continues unabated. His tenure was no different. And who can forget his damned dangled crooked bridge?:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not unreasonable to assert, blxxdy brain drain continues unabated. His tenure was no different. And who can forget his damned dangled crooked bridge?:rolleyes:

Ha ha................ the most funny ideas crooked bridge. Just because of his ego no matter how must built the bridge at any cost. Lucky Badawi throw out the plan.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the most funny ideas crooked bridge. Just because of his ego no matter how must built the bridge at any cost. Lucky Badawi throw out the plan.
Also noted for his cronies (ironically listed by him). Mega projects fellow:rolleyes:

On balance, he did have a face off with royalty. More often noted for shooting his mouth