• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One victim lost S$2,000 in latest ATM fraud case

General Veers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

One victim lost S$2,000 in latest ATM fraud case

By Evelyn Lam, Dylan Loh | Posted: 24 February 2012 2147 hrs

SINGAPORE: A victim of the latest ATM fraud case said he lost S$2,000.

Speaking to Channel NewsAsia, Marcus Young said he called the bank when he received a message saying the sum had been withdrawn from an ATM in Boon Lay.

Mr Young lodged a police report upon discovering the fraud.

He said he has not been to Bugis for a while, where DBS ATMs were found to have been compromised in a card skimming scam in December.

Mr Young said: "Within 24 hours, they credited the S$2,000 to my account and somebody called me to say that the money has been put back into my account.

I'm just wondering... how did it happen, where (did it happen) and how somebody could just have my card to withdraw the money."

Mr Young added that he has since received a replacement bank card.

- CNA/fa

Neilsome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically, his account was debited improperly (and subsequently adjusted). How it happened is still shrouded in mystery.