• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just had lunch here in Mei Chin Market Food Centre

saw this popular stall

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe....my early childhood were spent in Queenstown, playing Space Invader and table soccer above the NTUC. I used to live in Meiling Street in my early childhood and then shift to Queens Crescent (Pa Huey Chu) and eventually to Holland Road. Attended Margaret Drive Pr then Tanglin Tech. Sec. Anyone here attend the same school as me? I walk from my father's tailor shop in blk 6C to Margaret Drive Pr everyday, I patronize all the tibits stall along the way....man...I miss all the good o days..

Block 6c...you must know the shop GO sport..we used to patronize

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How was the waiting time, enjoy your ur bfast.

Lucky this morning, just 4 in front of me.

Oh by the way the market and the adjoining food centre is close today, since yesterday, for cleaning so for those wanting to go makan there go tomorrow, the harker centre is open.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky this morning, just 4 in front of me.

Oh by the way the market and the adjoining food centre is close today, since yesterday, for cleaning so for those wanting to go makan there go tomorrow, the harker centre is open.

Sad that the Oluak guy took his life, the few left that was worth eating. Surely, you too must hve enjoyed his frying.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sad that the Oluak guy took his life, the few left that was worth eating. Surely, you too must hve enjoyed his frying.

Afraid I do not know this oluak guy. More familiar with Margaret Drive, Stirling, 14 Storey area. Moved here only 6 years ago due to enbloc.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My fav wonton noodle not because it near home but really good stuff, the noodle is very Q and chili is so old school original catonese type

Close on Sunday and Monday

Tuesday to Friday 5.00PM to 3.00AM
Saturday 5.00PM to 2.00PM

$3.00 & $3.50

Looks good right?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your photo reflects a very delicious won ton noodles with lots of "char siew",
and probably good value for $3.50

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wanted to eat my the good lormee at the Tanglin Halt food centre, not open. Then chose my fav duck noodle at the market hawker, not open. Then wanted kwaychap there also not open. Then lormee at the coffeeshop also not open. Really arse luck this morning. Then saw old man stall in coffee shop open, approached and saw changed owner, forget it.

Then decided to take taxi to Mei Ling but roadside already have people waiting for taxi, forget it came into hawker centre again, decided to makan malay food. What a blessing in disguise for the "bad luck"

All food taste like when I'm 10 years old very old school type of taste hardly can find liao

Mee rebus only $2.50 add begedil 50 cents more - alamak the gravy really reminds me of the aunty in my primary school

Longtung $2.50 - the soup also shiok shiok with the sambal and teh dried coconut flakes

Nasi lemak $3.00 (choose either chicken or fish) ordered chicken but add 2 ikan kuning 50 cants each so this plate costs $4.00 only - the rice is loose but with body just like the home cook with just enough and not overpowering fragrance of coconut, chicken if freshly fried and marination is typical Malay, one of the best I've eaten.

Kopi-O is nearby is also very good only 80 cents kopi with milk is 90 cents

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tanglin Halt Market (10 Storey - chap lao)

My fav (古早味) duck noodle

Share a tohsai and putumayam

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
At Mei Chin Market this afternoon.

Interesting to find the aunty still operating the lormee stall for more than 40
years. Not many of this very traditional lormee stalls left in Singapore

after all these years this $2.50 lormee still taste great and aunty still joking with customers

Margaret Drive Sin Kee Famius Chicken Rice is here, one of those best in Singapore

$6.50 for this, really good especially the chili with ginger sauce mixed

Then we have the Teochew fishball noodle Hup Kee used to be at the front outer row corner of Margaret Drive Food Centre now here. Son took over, every thing still as good if not better

I hope all these old school stalls will continue for a long long time to come

oh there is one more, chicken feet horfun again this has been in this market since day one worth trying always long queue. I didn't order cos not a fan of chicken feet

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A few photos of some parts of old Queenstown before its gone (photos taken yesterday afternoon)

Mei Chin Market view from Mei Ling Street

Queenstown Sports Complex

Queenstown Swimming Pool the deep pool - gosh I've not visited this pool for like 30 over years

3ft Pool

Very rare government terrace houses still existing along Stirling Road

2 room flats along Stirling road opposite the pool

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This used to be Baharudin VI

At the very end of Stirling Road

Crossing over to Tanglin Halt (chap-lao, 十楼)

OMG this is going to be a rare sight soon for sure

[video=youtube;1kvpBJqqZZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvpBJqqZZU[/video]

All these is going to give way to this soon