• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Now that the Lau Leebye and his wife is fucking dead so who owns the Lee & Lee mafia?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Forgot to post this photo 2 weeks ago when I was in Singapore.

Went to Ikea, walked to Queensway after that and was surprised to see SAFRA suddenly replaced by this hotel, since when, Queenstown has really changed these days

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the information man. Heard there's one Blanco stall in Serangoon Gdn too man. Now I'm confused.

Piqued my interest and I did some info searching.....
Serangoon garden is actually the original from blanco....then came Toricos also from blanco now at old airport.
The rest all imitations with no connections.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forgot to post this photo 2 weeks ago when I was in Singapore.

Went to Ikea, walked to Queensway after that and was surprised to see SAFRA suddenly replaced by this hotel, since when, Queenstown has really changed these days[/URL]

That was the site of the old Bukit Merah SAFRA.

Many vacant shop lots still inside. And there's nothing much inside there too. A barber shop, a cafe/bar, a Gain City shop upstairs, some restaurants. That's it. It'll probably end up as another retail graveyard.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
8caeb3cb.jpg

Blk 27A only thing left is it's bus-stop. Green patch is the block and the carpark. My family lived here since 1971 to 2009.

820112b6.jpg

Q'town Driving Centre where many of us older got our driving and motor license

14a496e4.jpg

Princess House in blue looks like its in the mist of demolition.

I passed my driving licencing on the 2nd day of their opening so can image my number 001X!!

That was 1968~~!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Those who like Tiong Bahru porridge here's one as good at Tanglin Halt Food Centre

$3 a bowl

Every morning during week days this chai tao kway stall at the coffeeshop has long queue

and this is why - $2 very big packet can actually share for 2

The chai tao kway stall is beside another good prata stall

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Froggy....Mediacorpse stole your idea!
They saw the popularity of this thread and made a documentary on queenstown shown in a 2 part over TV recently

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not just HDB. CPF Board is another cash cow for them, I believe. Since most, if not all, buyers use CPF savings to pay, it's likely that the "inner circle" law firms will have been on the panel of both HDB and CPF.

If you go to any Tom, Dick and Harry firms at People's Park, they can act for HDB, but not CPF. This is the reason why other law firms are unable to charge lower than Lee because Lee can waive one set of costs, but the other law firms who are not on CPF Panel will have to collect money from you to pay CPF Panel law firm.

Since hdb in business....lee & lee already was the default lawyers.
Back then $500 per transaction fees basically standard paperwork only.
Now is thousands. Can you imagine how much lee and lee made already? Machiam printing money with no need look for sales.
Later years no choice they have to open up this lobang to a few of their cronies. Still I believe already raked in billions

It was never a tender process needed as far as I know. HDB has always allowed you to use your own lawyer. But if you did, the paperwork took several weeks later. Happened to friends of mine. they used Drew Napier to do their conveyancing and found out other people had their keys 2 weeks before them. But if you don't request to HDB that you want to use your own lawyer, they will simply default to Lee and Lee. Also, many people know about being tekaned if they don't use the HDB specified lawyers, so they just kwai kwai keep quite. Most other legal firms charge the same as Lee and Lee, so its not like they are saving a lot of money. But the fact that so many conveyancing directed to Lee and Lee, far in proportion to their market share of the legal business in singapore is already corruption.

from queenstown to lawyer fee..u all damm good

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Block 40 has 2 coffeeshops

One is popular with the hainanese curry rice

The other with the vegetarian beehoon and sotong mee

Sigh, this type of atmosphere in old estates is so nice

Por Tor beside the market

The back lane of Block 40

Many restaurants now along Havelock Road

Went up to a new flat to take some photos - this is looking down at Beo Crescent where the market is

You can see Tiong Bahry Plaza covered up in grey on the top of photo under renovation

Another angle looking along Alexandra Road

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Havelock used to be gangster hotbed that when growing up my father forbade us kids from going there.
But I still ventured there at night to eat the fried hokkien prawn noodle....its was at the infamous block 51 'fanta' block.....so named because it had the huge fanta ad with spotlights on the block. It was something else to eat there at night.....the place was very happening and colorful machiam old bugis street. Sights and sounds like that gone forever.....the noodle stall still operating there today.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Havelock used to be gangster hotbed that when growing up my father forbade us kids from going there.
But I still ventured there at night to eat the fried hokkien prawn noodle....its was at the infamous block 51 'fanta' block.....so named because it had the huge fanta ad with spotlights on the block. It was something else to eat there at night.....the place was very happening and colorful machiam old bugis street. Sights and sounds like that gone forever.....the noodle n
stall still operating there today.

Yes moving along Alexandra Road towards the junction shared with Ganges Ave, River Valley, Lower Delta that Fanta block right in front slightly right. Area is 乌桥头 Or Kio Tau

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I still ventured there at night to eat the fried hokkien prawn noodle....its was at the infamous block 51 'fanta' block.....so named because it had the huge fanta ad with spotlights on the block. It was something else to eat there at night.....the place was very happening and colorful machiam old bugis street. Sights and sounds like that gone forever.....the noodle stall still operating there today.

That's it Blk 51, it reminds me of the turtle soup which was the only stall that lined its top, side and shelves with stainless steel and brightly lighted up every night. Business flourished but owner went bust because his animals behaved like donkeys when let loose in Bukit Timah open field every weekends.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Very unlucky went to Beo Crescent for fried hokkien sotong mee but closed

Ended up with long queue for Hainan curry rice

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Back to Tanglin Halt my fav desert stall, another very long queue

Sea coconut ice jelly only $1

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lost my photos so rebuild them as much as possible one by one.

Supper tonight at Tanglin Halt Market

Long queue no coubt

The stall

The purchase

Noodle dry

Shui Jiao